Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

i have a 2jzge swapped 240 dont hate

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-11, 12:43 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts

Nice swap man! I think it's pretty cool to have a 2JZ in a 240sx whether it's boosted or not. As long as it gets the job done, that's all that matters.
Old 03-21-11, 02:43 AM
KahnBB6

Received 1,221 Likes on 856 Posts

The amount of negativity in this thread over a 240sx that was inexpensively swapped to a better and more powerful engine than the anemic KA24DE is a little overwhelming. I've skipped most of the drama here. Sure, an SR or RB25 swap is the most logical route but the guy went another route to get around the stock car's biggest shortfall: no power whatsoever. For the budget conscious 240SX owner I see this as a very positive thing. How many '32 Fords have you seen with SBC 350 engines versus the original engine? The 240 may not be as iconic but a long time ago '32 Fords were thought of as old jalopies too. And young gearheads loved tinkering them into hoon-mobiles that caused trouble.

I love the S14 personally. I've driven a 96, and a 98 and I loved everything about them except for the complete lack of horsepower and horrible truck engine. In Cali I consider them a non-option because you get attention by association and that leads to police curiosity about your illegal but problem-correcting and proper for the car SR20DET swap.

With a 2JZ-GE you at least you have a dead reliable and USDM legal engine for smog that hands down beats the KA24DE to death with far more horsepower and torque and that doesn't cost an outrageous amount of money to swap over versus the car's original used purchase price.
Old 03-21-11, 08:25 AM
2jzsx
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm just glad some people understand what is going on here.lol
As for my motor I'm selling, it will be in the forsale forums soon man. If any one wants anything from a stock ge lmk. the everything is going to be hot tanked and cleaned thoroughly.
thanks for your interest in my car, haters or not.
Old 03-21-11, 08:30 AM
kez
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

hahahahaha i love the "c'mon SON!" lol ed lover
Old 03-21-11, 10:15 PM
sc300max
Rookie

I hate nissan engines, but I love my 240sx's... That's why I put a 1jz engine into the 240sx.. I should have went 2jzge na-t but my 1jz was great when I had it
458hp 400tq

You did the best thing in the world putting a 2j in your car, super reliable motor that will last you forever... and you have ac lol. great.

I sold that car and have had three sc300's, here is one of them..

Pull that thing up to a classy valet and you will be laughed at by everyone in the entire city....pull up in a classy clean SC and you will be given props.

That 240 reminds me of the yard car they use at my local junkyard...I could care less if it has a 2jz in it...kid your a douchebag for no reason...obv cant handle owning a lexus....stick to you immature flat black krylon 240...get a job and maybe you can afford macco
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This guy is a jackass lol... wow this is the definition of a retard.. Do you have any idea how dumb you sound. Can't handle owning a lexus?? hahahahahah. I think you are the definition of a douchebag.

Oh 2JSX what kind of wiring did you do to get the ac running? I never tried messing with that, if I put a 2j i would like to have my ac running.. is the ecu controlling anything?? If i put 2j im going to use my standalone ecu on it. That's why I'm asking.. I was wondering if the ac is only being controlled by the ac switches in the car.

I liked it a lot, but to be fast you need 700hp in a sc to beat some of the civics that go to the track lol jk jk
im exaggerating but you get the point.

After all of these different cars that I had I ended up back with a s14, currently turbocharging the ka for now. I am going to put in a 2jzge when I make some money
but everything is so cheap and easy with the 240sx. Lsd Diff is only 75$ in the junkyard from a j30, very easy to work on, a lot of suspension parts are already made for
the 240sx also... its hard to find different control arms and the parts are really expensive for the sc. Looks wise I would prefer a 97 240sx with factory aero over a Sc300
anytime. For me they are both very nice cars.

Here is my current project:

Gt35 Ka-t, Ems standalone... all work done by me and only me lol... Going for paint as soon as I get the body work done.. also done by me.
I need to finish the piping and get some injectors, install my walbro and buy a Fpr. Im probably only going to boost 10lbs.. and yes thats a
ebay gt35 hahahah.. Im a stay at home dad this is the best I can do. I guess no classy Valet's for me HAHAHAHAAH!

Last edited by sc300max; 03-21-11 at 10:39 PM.
Old 03-22-11, 05:57 AM
2jzsx
Rookie

Originally Posted by sc300max
I hate nissan engines, but I love my 240sx's... That's why I put a 1jz engine into the 240sx.. I should have went 2jzge na-t but my 1jz was great when I had it
458hp 400tq

You did the best thing in the world putting a 2j in your car, super reliable motor that will last you forever... and you have ac lol. great.

I sold that car and have had three sc300's, here is one of them..

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This guy is a jackass lol... wow this is the definition of a retard.. Do you have any idea how dumb you sound. Can't handle owning a lexus?? hahahahahah. I think you are the definition of a douchebag.

Oh 2JSX what kind of wiring did you do to get the ac running? I never tried messing with that, if I put a 2j i would like to have my ac running.. is the ecu controlling anything?? If i put 2j im going to use my standalone ecu on it. That's why I'm asking.. I was wondering if the ac is only being controlled by the ac switches in the car.

I liked it a lot, but to be fast you need 700hp in a sc to beat some of the civics that go to the track lol jk jk
im exaggerating but you get the point.

After all of these different cars that I had I ended up back with a s14, currently turbocharging the ka for now. I am going to put in a 2jzge when I make some money
but everything is so cheap and easy with the 240sx. Lsd Diff is only 75$ in the junkyard from a j30, very easy to work on, a lot of suspension parts are already made for
the 240sx also... its hard to find different control arms and the parts are really expensive for the sc. Looks wise I would prefer a 97 240sx with factory aero over a Sc300
anytime. For me they are both very nice cars.

Here is my current project:

Gt35 Ka-t, Ems standalone... all work done by me and only me lol... Going for paint as soon as I get the body work done.. also done by me.
I need to finish the piping and get some injectors, install my walbro and buy a Fpr. Im probably only going to boost 10lbs.. and yes thats a
ebay gt35 hahahah.. Im a stay at home dad this is the best I can do. I guess no classy Valet's for me HAHAHAHAAH!
i like you sir, you have had some very nice cars, as well as understand my reasoning for my car.
I didn't do the wiring, so i couldn't tell you anything other then my AC is wired to a toggle.
Old 03-22-11, 05:57 AM
2jzsx
Rookie

god damn the silver 1jz swapped s14 is so fresh.
Old 03-22-11, 01:48 PM
2jzsx
Rookie

Does any one know what size socket do I need to remove my head studs?
Old 03-23-11, 05:56 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hmm it could be a 12 point 12mm or 12 point 14mm, i never taken one apart. or it could be like the 3sgte engine and use triple square tool. it looks like an allen key or torx bit.
Old 03-23-11, 11:06 AM
pl91741
Driver School Candidate

picture!!... I have 97 240sx.
Old 03-23-11, 12:20 PM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

this thread is like 3 pages of useless. and about one page of useful posts! i think that its hella fresh, dont see why ppl are hating.
Old 03-23-11, 12:26 PM
sc300max
Rookie

Should be a 10mm allen key bolt.. you will need one that goes on a 3/8 ratchet. If the head of the bolt gets stripped you can drill off the bolt fairly easy, i've had to do it a few times.
Old 03-23-11, 01:32 PM
2jzsx
Rookie

Originally Posted by DoomLight
hmm it could be a 12 point 12mm or 12 point 14mm, i never taken one apart. or it could be like the 3sgte engine and use triple square tool. it looks like an allen key or torx bit.
this is a torx bit... a 10mm Alan wrench fits in that *****, but i dont want to strip them out. lol
Old 03-24-11, 11:29 AM
2jzsx
Rookie

Oh, also. If anyone needs any oem 2jzge parts lmk. I can have them hot tanked, powder coated, polished, ported, machined,whatever you need.
Old 03-24-11, 03:44 PM
Gaza
Driver School Candidate

2jz in a 240 hmm... I always wondered,photos?

Quick Reply: i have a 2jzge swapped 240 dont hate