Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

i have a 2jzge swapped 240 dont hate

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-11, 12:10 AM
2jzsx
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by account2x
Sure if they cost a lot or are rare but your car has nothing gone on for it so how could anyone like it?
my car would qualify for being rare.
someone here has to have respect for originality.
do you know how hard it is to make a 240 different? lol
and some people do like my car. some people here even said they did already... lol
im sorry if it doesnt meet some of the standards you lexus folks have.
but im just a 18 year old kid trying to have fun sliding my car.
its a toy that happens to be capable of getting me from point A to point B.
i figured someone here can find respect for it somewhere.

Last edited by 2jzsx; 03-18-11 at 12:13 AM.
Old 03-18-11, 12:22 AM
account2x
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2jzsx
im sorry if it doesnt meet some of the standards you lexus folks have.
I wish more people have Lexus standards. I have seen too many cars with off-brand rims or blacked out headlights. But at-least those cars have paint jobs.
Old 03-18-11, 05:17 AM
Forte EXE
Pole Position

Well I know there's an s14 from Maryland with a 2JZGE swap. Saw it last year at UMD.
Old 03-18-11, 05:42 AM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 194 Likes on 138 Posts

lol what a ridiculous thread this has been

there is a reason i dont care for 240's---hondas----mustangs and the sort.

The people associated with them are ussually the kind of people i dont care to know.
Old 03-18-11, 06:18 AM
nivek5sfe
Pole Position

i love the idea of a na 2j in a 240, seems like a good, cheap, fun combo

thread started out great, but we dont tolerate much bashing or trolling here, its not our style and we hold our forum to higher "sense of community" standards than others. just please keep that in mind.
Old 03-18-11, 06:44 AM
2jzsx
Rookie

Originally Posted by nivek5sfe
i love the idea of a na 2j in a 240, seems like a good, cheap, fun combo

thread started out great, but we dont tolerate much bashing or trolling here, its not our style and we hold our forum to higher "sense of community" standards than others. just please keep that in mind.
well, iv come to realize this and ill do my best to adapt to your community and respect your forum.
and it definitely is an amazing combo for the price, that is all i was trying you share.

Originally Posted by account2x
I wish more people have Lexus standards. I have seen too many cars with off-brand rims or blacked out headlights. But at-least those cars have paint jobs.
the fact that my car is not painted is because its a drift car, and at the moment, i dont feel comfortable with my driving to the point where i would want to spend money painting it, and then going out to a track and ruining it.
i plan on swapping the front end to the kouki front end, along with a blackberry pearl paint code from a honda fit.
my car will meet lexus standards at some point. but right now, im more focused on bettering my driving and getting to as many events as i can, which consumes most of my money. not to mention gas prices....

its not like i have big goofy aero and a shoping cart spoiler....
if i was doing those kinds of mods i would understand where you guys are coming from. but top priority for this DRIFT CAR is function. then i will move on to form.
im only a kid trying to afford what is in my opinion the best hobby ever, which happens to consume a lot more money then most 18 year olds can handle...
if i had money for a nice daily, or to keep repairing front ends and painting my car every time something happens i would... trust me.
but all im going for in the end is a nice, clean, kouki swapped, blackberry pearl, OEM looking fully built drift car.
i promise you all i have taste, i really do. but i dont have the money right now to show you all. and im sorry for that.

Last edited by 2jzsx; 03-18-11 at 07:01 AM.
Old 03-18-11, 07:30 AM
jjffyy
Lead Lap

Not a big fan of 240's but i wouldn't mind taking a ride in yours. Just to see how much difference the power to weight ratio is compared to my SC Much respect for what your doing at your age...and funds lol times are tough.

PS. Can we all get along and show some REAL ClubLexus standards from both the OP and members posting here? If you don't have anything good to say then don't.
Old 03-18-11, 07:46 AM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

i respect any RWD car, far more then a civic or anything fwd
Old 03-18-11, 08:15 AM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 194 Likes on 138 Posts

well, iv come to realize this and ill do my best to adapt to your community and respect your forum.
and it definitely is an amazing combo for the price, that is all i was trying you share.

Yes this would be a nice thing to do.

also i just realized your only 18 so we can give you a bit of a break lol

Old 03-18-11, 09:07 AM
TougeSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Reading this thread has made me realize that the Internet has ruined the youth of America. What I'm SMH about is what was the point of joining this forum? Not a lot of us drift our SC's. If you were looking for info on the 2JZ, wouldn't Supra Forums had made more sense? Not hatin' on you at all. It's nice to see that you are doing what you like without assistance that we know of. So I do award you 10 internetz. But realize that ClubLexus has always been a more mature crowd unlike Zilvia, ClubRSX, or some other Honda forum. Check out the drifting section on the forum. Oh and pick up an Z30 please. You say you like to drift then attempt to do it in a SC. Better yet before you start saying " what do you know. blah blah blah?" How about you come down to S. Fl and I might change your mind.
Old 03-18-11, 09:16 AM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TougeSC3
Reading this thread has made me realize that the Internet has ruined the youth of America. What I'm SMH about is what was the point of joining this forum? Not a lot of us drift our SC's. If you were looking for info on the 2JZ, wouldn't Supra Forums had made more sense? Not hatin' on you at all. It's nice to see that you are doing what you like without assistance that we know of. So I do award you 10 internetz. But realize that ClubLexus has always been a more mature crowd unlike Zilvia, ClubRSX, or some other Honda forum. Check out the drifting section on the forum. Oh and pick up an Z30 please. You say you like to drift then attempt to do it in a SC. Better yet before you start saying " what do you know. blah blah blah?" How about you come down to S. Fl and I might change your mind.
i agree with you brotha, but this statement i would have to disagree because this forum is going to ****ter quick, with kids buying these cars for dirt cheap and flooding this forum with garbage i find my self enjoying a 2gs side of clublexus alot more.
Old 03-18-11, 09:19 AM
TougeSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MDSC
i agree with you brotha, but this statement i would have to disagree because this forum is going to ****ter quick, with kids buying these cars for dirt cheap and flooding this forum with garbage i find my self enjoying a 2gs side of clublexus alot more.
Very true indeed. It comes with the maturity of the people purchasing these cars. Kind of like how we used to hang out at Shoppers back in the day and race out on Great Seneca. We grow out of it. Hopefully they do to.
Old 03-18-11, 09:39 AM
2jzsx
Rookie

Originally Posted by jjffyy
Not a big fan of 240's but i wouldn't mind taking a ride in yours. Just to see how much difference the power to weight ratio is compared to my SC Much respect for what your doing at your age...and funds lol times are tough.

PS. Can we all get along and show some REAL ClubLexus standards from both the OP and members posting here? If you don't have anything good to say then don't.
Well I would be more then happy to take you for a ride if you happened to be in he area. I love showing people what its all about.
Old 03-18-11, 09:41 AM
2jzsx
Rookie

Originally Posted by TougeSC3
I'm not going to lie. The reason I joined this forum is to trade parts. And exchange knowledge on the jzge family. And I joined supra forums as well.
Old 03-18-11, 10:44 AM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm not going to lie. The reason I joined this forum is to trade parts. And exchange knowledge on the jzge family. And I joined supra forums as well.
If you joined us too trade parts and etc, you will NEED to fix your attitude. I'm sure you wouldn't want to buy stuff from a douche bag person ( not saying you are ).

Just cause we are young doesn't mean we are immature ( just MOST of us are ), hell i'm 19 i join this forum when i was 17

Quick Reply: i have a 2jzge swapped 240 dont hate