Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lamborghini LP700-4 Aventador

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-11, 11:25 PM
daelo74
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Compare to the LFA and new Pagani, this interior looks like and accord or camry. This is suppose to be the new exotic?
Old 02-28-11, 11:46 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GSteg
It's hard to depict quality when the images are highly processed. Photo processing to this extent makes things look more plastic than they really are. I wouldn't know if it's high quality or not by looking at the pictures, and I'll probably never find out
+1

This pic is of the LP640 interior in natural light with no effects.

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
I'm not sure if the quality of materials in the Aventador interior will match those in the Murcielago interior, unless the pictures are lying. I guess you can't definitely say until you sit in the Aventador interior. In terms of design, I think I prefer the minimal Murcielago interior. I think the Aventador's steering wheel is also a step back from the Murcielago.
Why would they downgrade the materials? And how is the new steering wheel not better than the one in the Murci?
Attached Thumbnails Lamborghini LP700-4 Aventador-exotics-driving-experience-017.jpg  
Old 03-01-11, 12:15 AM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks better than the Murc, but not worlds better, and it still looks kinda lower level compared to the LFA and the Pagani IMO. Not cheap just not as high class.
Old 03-01-11, 01:04 AM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure why you guys are comparing this car to the Huarya. That Pagani is going to cost $1.5 million, or about 5x more than this car, it better have a nicer interior...

But have to agree, the LFA interior reigns supreme. Never thought I'd say I think a Lexus design is more exciting than a Lambo design...
Old 03-01-11, 01:19 AM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Oh how it looks so much better in White!

http://log.autogespot.com/02-2011/geneve/avent/1.jpg

Anyone else agree?
Old 03-01-11, 01:41 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by knihc2008

But have to agree, the LFA interior reigns supreme. Never thought I'd say I think a Lexus design is more exciting than a Lambo design...

Out of all things Lamborghini, I never thought that people would be comparing the use of high quality interior materials.

I find both interiors to be equally nice, but neither are perfect (also, as I stated earlier IMO the center console shares many similar design aspects). It was always the leather finish and colors more so than the design that made the interiors special or exciting to me. Now that they have the design down (which is leaps and bounds better looking than the Murci), I think once we see the interior in more daring colors/combinations like most current Lambos, we may accept it more.
Old 03-01-11, 01:52 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
Why would they downgrade the materials? And how is the new steering wheel not better than the one in the Murci?
Profit? Again, I said it looks like they might have downgraded some materials. Can't say for sure until people actually sit in the interior and compare it to the Murcielago.

You actually think the Aventador steering wheel is better than the Murcielago wheel? Really?

The Aventador wheel looks ugly and bulky; like a wheel off a GM or Chrysler vehicle.

The Murcielago wheel looks sporty, simple, and clean.

Murcielago:

Aventador:

Dodge Ram:

Cadillac CTS:
Old 03-01-11, 02:00 AM
TommyJames
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
Mix-A-Lot said he was on the list for one. I bet he can't wait.... he luvs them carz.
Anthony is one of my closest friends. No, he's not getting an LP700. The local dealer is trying hard but the two cars coming remain unsold at the moment.
Old 03-01-11, 02:07 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by TommyJames
Anthony is one of my closest friends. No, he's not getting an LP700. The local dealer is trying hard but the two cars coming remain unsold at the moment.
Contradicts what Lambo CEO said about the first year US allocation of Aventadors already being sold out. Guess that's a bit of hype in that case.
Old 03-01-11, 02:14 AM
TommyJames
Lead Lap

Contradicts what Lambo CEO said about the first year US allocation of Aventadors already being sold out. Guess that's a bit of hype in that case.
It's what I've been telling you on the LFA thread, people are not diving on $400k exotics like they once did before, and it doesn't matter who makes it.
Old 03-01-11, 02:18 AM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Though the LFA have claimed about 475 of the 500 of theirs being spoken for. Not too bad I don't think. I wonder how many are these are coming to America?
Old 03-01-11, 02:25 AM
TommyJames
Lead Lap

Where have we heard someone make this claim before? Hmmm. The reality is very different, as usual. What Lamborghini has done has told dealers that if they don't get their orders in, they will lose their spots in the allocation lineup. Under the rules, the dealers are not to order cars without having a name attached so what the dealers are doing is ordering the cars under the name of the owners of the dealership, which is how they are playing the game.

The reality is that Lamborghini flooded the market with cars in 2008 and dumped cars by offering huge sums in "trunk money" to get rid of backlog. This pissed off a lot of existing owners and of course prices fell fast. Lamborghini, who's never thought it was all that important to build culture, found buyers dumping their cars in a down market because there was no reason to keep them because they were not active in a social group anyway. Consequently those LP640 owners say their values cut in half prematurely. Those same customers are now looking at a jump of $200k to have what they consider to be a marginally different experience and are passing. Lamborghini is now going to need new buyers to take up the slack and it will be a while. Many of the LP640 owners I know are now considering the 458 where they get a jump in performance and don't have to shell out as much for a different driving experience. If you look at some of the other Lamborghini threads on other forums, you will see that Winkelmann is not well liked by the core group of active owners for this primary reason.
Old 03-01-11, 02:31 AM
TommyJames
Lead Lap

Profit? Again, I said it looks like they might have downgraded some materials. Can't say for sure until people actually sit in the interior and compare it to the Murcielago.

You actually think the Aventador steering wheel is better than the Murcielago wheel? Really?

The Aventador wheel looks ugly and bulky; like a wheel off a GM or Chrysler vehicle.

The Murcielago wheel looks sporty, simple, and clean.

Murcielago:

Aventador:

Dodge Ram:

Cadillac CTS:
Lamborghini has not downgraded materials at all on the new car. I was at the private showing of the car on December 3 in LA. I've been updated regularly on the car for well over a year. The new car is just different. Most owners are reserving judgment until they drive it. The biggest concern is that it will have lost some of the meanness that's a part of the overall driving experience.
Old 03-01-11, 05:53 AM
jpvarghese
Lexus Test Driver

I too can't see people jumping on $400k cars knowing that it can be had for much less in a few years to come. What's the life expectency of these cars? 10 years or so without major updates with thousands of units floating around? That's a long time to hold onto a product before it becomes outdated and too many to positively affect resale. That said, I like the Aventador!
Old 03-01-11, 06:04 AM
TommyJames
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jpvarghese
I too can't see people jumping on $400k cars knowing that it can be had for much less in a few years to come. What's the life expectency of these cars? 10 years or so without major updates with thousands of units floating around? That's a long time to hold onto a product before it becomes outdated and too many to positively affect resale. That said, I like the Aventador!
The life expectancy is of the model is expected to be about eight years with a refresh around mid life, followed by an SV version at the end of the production run. Lamborghini has a bit of an uphill battle with this car.

Quick Reply: Lamborghini LP700-4 Aventador