Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus Steps up their Service

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-11, 08:32 AM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Lexus Steps up their Service

http://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lexu...:CTA2:LexusMag

Get the most from your Lexus dealer—from house calls to mobile appointments.

By Clark Heideger, Lexus Automotive Editor
Bookmark and Share

AS A LEXUS OWNER, you’ve no doubt seen it and experienced it: Lexus delivers an almost unbelievable level of personal service.

And the thing is, that’s no exaggeration.

To Lexus, this has been terrain to own from the beginning, something to set it apart from other luxury brands. To Lexus dealers, this is a professional lifestyle—a skill they pride themselves on doing better than anybody else. Period.
2011 Lexus IS

So, with this in mind, we decided to go to the source and talk to as many Lexus dealers as we could to find out if anything new is being offered these days, as well as to glean some good tips, from the Lexus dealers themselves, for making your service visits as convenient as possible:

Tip 1: Dealers are starting to go mobile.
Check with your dealer on their plans for smartphone-related services. Your dealer may have already mentioned Lexus’ new app, Enform Mobile, which, among other features, includes a “Dealers Nearby” tool that allows you to quickly find and call your nearest dealer. Also, for example, Lexus of Memphis offers its own customer app that, right now, largely showcases inventory; future features, like mobile appointment setting, is being worked on, says General Manager Bryan Smith.

Tip 2: Many dealers make house calls.
You may not need to go into the dealership for service at all—some dealers can actually come to you. “We offer a mobile van service for minor services, and a flatbed service for major services,” says Chris McCarty, vice president/general manager of Longo Lexus in Southern California. “Or, what we’ll do is drop off a courtesy car and pick up the car, then return it when it’s done.” Depending on the nature of the service, there may be no extra charge for this convenience.

Tip 3: Many dealers make sales calls.
Here’s a surprise. The previous tip about not having to come into the dealership also applies to sales. When looking for your next Lexus, you can request remote test drives, and even make your purchase and delivery completely off-site. It’s a perfect choice for customers for whom time is a precious commodity. “We work a lot of deals where the guests never have to come to the dealership,” says McCarty. “I have an owner here who’s had her car since 1998, and she’s never seen the dealership. She’s very busy, loves her LX, and loves Longo Lexus. But she’s never even seen it!”
2011 Lexus IS

Tip 4: Feel free to instruct your dealer.
One thing that virtually eliminates any misunderstanding on the Lexus dealer’s part is to hand over a written list of what’s wrong, and what you want done, instead of just a verbal summary, says Caren Myers, general manager of Fresno Lexus. Lexus dealers obviously won’t see this as any type of nuisance, and will take the time to go through any written instructions carefully. “It really helps to be clear, and communicate what your expectations are—because we intend to exceed them,” says Myers.

Tip 5: Take time to review the order.
Lexus drivers are smart. So be sure to take the time to read over the repair order and estimate before you sign it. Over and over, the dealers we spoke to mentioned this tip, and emphasized that no dealers will think you don’t trust them. But a simple slip of a pen could turn a 60,000-mile service into an oil change. “Just take a quick look,” says Myers. “Make sure that we’ve listened to you, and put down what you told us.”

Tip 6: Your dealer knows you, but always bring identification.
Picking up a courtesy car? Be sure to bring your driver’s license and insurance card, says Myers. Several dealers told us this is a common oversight. In a way, it’s understandable: Lexus dealers are so amicable that for many customers it can seem like borrowing a car from a friend. But they’re a business, and they have legal and contractual requirements preventing them from giving you a loan car without a license and insurance.
Old 01-26-11, 08:42 AM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

My lexus sales guy called to say happy new to me. They also let me take any car I like home for test drive without a salesmen tagging along.
Old 01-26-11, 08:59 AM
Ty419
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My dealer used to be great, but has been going downhill for years, culminating in them telling me they are no longer interested in servicing my car, which is my fourth Lexus and that I just bought a few months ago. It came from them not being able to get the air-ride level and they told me they weren't wasting anymore time on it since they couldn't fix it.

Anyway, due to the abysmal level of service and recent refusal to even try, I have to take my car an hour away to the next closest dealership to have anything done. Had I known this would be the case, I never would have bought another Lexus and I feel significantly burned on this car.

If I remain in this city, I will not even remotely consider a Lexus product as my next vehicle due to the poor service of the dealership and the horrible customer experience. I love Lexus cars and would really like to continue to own them, but the service is so poor that I doubt I will ever own another one, even if I do move from here.
Old 01-26-11, 11:28 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This memo has not trickled down to Lexus of Manhattan, Brooklyn or Queens. All owned by the same person and all horrible experiences.
Old 01-26-11, 12:24 PM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
This memo has not trickled down to Lexus of Manhattan, Brooklyn or Queens. All owned by the same person and all horrible experiences.

I think this is happening on a "per dealership" as some dealerships wants to extend this extra care and some seem to opt. out so I think maybe the bigger, more affluent dealers will do this while other small-time dealers choose to ignore everything all together.. I hope we can get some uniformity in all dealers to extend this type of exceptional service everywhere! (Someday hopefully)
Old 01-27-11, 01:20 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My dealership spoils me already with good service, thankfully.