Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Ferrari's four-wheel-drive FF flagship four-seat fastback

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-11, 10:59 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is real? Not a joke?
Old 01-21-11, 11:10 AM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
from side angles it looks like like the Z4 M. not liking it so much, aside from the the power from the v12 and the classic ferrari red. most ferraris are wins in my book, but not this one.
This is what I was thinking, side profile somewhat resembles an M coupe. However whoever designs the front and rear needs to be fired.....VERY FUGLY
Old 01-21-11, 11:20 AM
skim07
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man, i can't stand shooting brake design. i hated it when bmw did it. i still hate it even with ferrari. freaking dutch clogs.
Old 01-21-11, 11:33 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

I really like the front end
Old 01-21-11, 11:49 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Wow, first the 458, now this. This is just TERRIBLE !!!

I had a feeling the 458 was a bad sign of things to come for Ferrari, and it looks like I was right. This is supposed to be Ferrari's FLAGSHIP, one that replaces the 612!? Who are they kidding!? The 612 was not dazzling design-wise, but it looks gorgeous compared to this "thing"!

Originally Posted by knihc2008
Are you guys all hating on this car just because of the shooting brake configuration?
I wouldn't call it "hating", and it's because of how ugly this looks. This makes the Panamera look great in comparison.

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
This is real? Not a joke?
Exactly my first reaction. I couldn't believe it when I opened the thread and saw the pics. I thought this was a joke of some sort, a photoshop job.

Ferrari has really fallen off with this.
Old 01-21-11, 12:23 PM
jaseman
Pole Position

Guess Ferrari thinks it needs to compete with the likes of the Porsche Panamerica and Aston Martin Rapide. Not sure why though, as all these 4-seater psudo-saloons only seem to water down the marques abit in the minds of enthusiasts.

Wonder how Enzo would feel if he was still with us?
Old 01-21-11, 12:57 PM
Koma

I was hoping Ferrari wouldn't adopt the 458 headlights into any other design... too bad...

I like everything but the headlights.
Old 01-21-11, 03:30 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

I guess I just really don't understand how this car is ugly besides the shooting brake design. Especially in comparison to the truly awful 612 Scagletti that it replaces.

What I'm wondering is, if this car was exactly the same except a coupe, would you guys all still think it was ugly? Do you guys think it's ugly BECAUSE it's a shooting brake, or because you don't like the ENTIRE design?
Old 01-21-11, 03:43 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

I guess I just really don't understand how this car is ugly besides the shooting brake design. Especially in comparison to the truly awful 612 Scagletti that it replaces.

What I'm wondering is, if this car was exactly the same except a coupe, would you guys all still think it was ugly? Do you guys think it's ugly BECAUSE it's a shooting brake, or because you don't like the ENTIRE design?
to me, it's design

after seeing the isc, i don't care how good the engine is, i can't get myself to like the car
Old 01-21-11, 03:54 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

But would you think it's still ugly as a coupe?
I just can't see ANYTHING ugly or even controversial about the design besides the shooting brake and would love to hear thoughts on why the lower half of this design is so terrible.

Still ugly?
Old 01-21-11, 04:59 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Eeeewwwww no thanks, an even uglier version of the Pana.

CLS started something better and I'm a fan of that kind of 4 door coupe styling.
Old 01-21-11, 05:02 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

But would you think it's still ugly as a coupe?
I just can't see ANYTHING ugly or even controversial about the design besides the shooting brake and would love to hear thoughts on why the lower half of this design is so terrible.

Still ugly?
again, i think is350 is pretty. is350c is ugly. my same reason will apply here. you can't come and tell me the front end of a car looks great and i can ignore the rear
Old 01-21-11, 06:48 PM
MrIan
Lexus Test Driver

Although I don't think aesthetically it is ugly, its just a large step away from Ferrari tradition. AWD and hatchback? Just not something I would associate with Ferrari.

I feel about this much the way I felt about the Panamera, the Rapide, and the Cayenne. These brands have always been known for their sports cars and building something otherwise seems like brand dilution. Although I need to hand it to Aston, the Rapide is quite a looker and with their tradition of making great GT cars, it somewhat made sense.

On the other hand, while the Panamera and Cayenne are quite capable for their size and weight, they are still not what a Porsche should be. I always viewed Porsche as the more reasonable, no bs, underdog of the super car arena. Its what made me lust after a 911.

This FF, while I'm sure will be highly capable as a sports car, is just not what a Ferrari should be. Ferraris should be about passion and beauty. If I want something capable in all weather and large enough to hold a snowboard, Ferrari isn't going to be at the top of my list. I hope this is just a design exercise and go back and make it a traditional coupe.

Once again, its not ugly and I'm sure most of us would love it if it wasn't badged as a Ferrari.
Old 01-21-11, 06:50 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

This actually makes the Panamera look gorgeous.

Can't wait to see this on Top Gear and hear what Clarkson has to say about it.
Old 01-21-11, 07:29 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

frickin ugly as hell

and that front now looks like a character out of some super mario game.
Attached Thumbnails Ferrari's four-wheel-drive FF flagship four-seat fastback-110003car.jpg  

Last edited by dunnojack; 01-21-11 at 07:33 PM.

Quick Reply: Ferrari's four-wheel-drive FF flagship four-seat fastback