Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus Elite Dealer Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-11, 09:28 AM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Lexus Elite Dealer Discussion

I just have some random musings about the Lexus Elite award. My local Lexus dealer is one and on the website, it means that the dealer was rated the highest by its customers and that you might expect the world class service.

"The Elite of Lexus award is reserved for those dealers who excel at everything they do. From sales and service to the overall ownership experience, these dealerships are truly in a class all their own".
When I purchased my RX a few months ago, I went to my local dealer because I had previously bought cars from there (though my salesman was gone) and I continue to go there for service. I can tell you that the service department is top notch--my SA is top notch. However, I dont think I received the same standard of politeness that I have come to expect from Lexus. Sure, they were salesmen and managers, I get that, but there was tons of pressure, lying, and ridiculous play after another straight from the book. IMO, for a car brand that touts being on another level of service, I prefer the buying experience from the the MB dealership in my area.

This brings me to the Lexus Elite Award. Couldnt help but notice that when I was buying the car, I was given a better deal conditioned on the fact that I would give them a glowing review. As a man of my word, I did check the exceptional boxes, you could say against my will. I wouldnt have wanted to mess with the man's livelihood anyways, but I would have preferred a situation where I wanted to truly fill out the survey with honestly good experiences. Not sure if this is common practice, but if dealers use good deals to leverage better survey results, then the Elite award really means nothing.
Old 01-20-11, 09:37 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My dealer has said that they would consider it a failure in they didn't get an exceptional mark from me when I fill out surveys after sales or service. They honestly do their best to make it exceptional.

However, I can see how a dealer would offer an incentive if you do give them extra praise, even if it wasn't deserved.

I guess that if you would have preferred to be honest, you shouldn't have taken the incentive.
Old 01-20-11, 11:10 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

yup, they look at the exceptional box very importantly. but all these reviews, a lot of times i think it's pretty bs unfortunately.

to me, i only look at particular person, the sales, the sa, etc... dealership as a whole? sigh
Old 01-20-11, 11:16 AM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

That After-sale-survey also struck me few months ago. This is from the Toyota dealer when I leased my Camry. Well, I GOT a nice deal but I did NOT exchange that for a great review at all. After the sale they ALL tell me if giving them 9.9 over 10 scale is the same as 0/10 (failure). I don't want them to loose their jobs/bonus or what not but if they are truly wants our feedback then they should earn it.

I think the ELITE badge is just a label for customers to "think" this is a better dealer than the others. I ended up giving them all great marks even though I didn't feel like it.

Next time I will tell them if you want an A+ grade, you need to earn it, period.
Old 01-20-11, 11:18 AM
gengar
Moderator: LFA, Clubhouse

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by RXSF
This brings me to the Lexus Elite Award. Couldnt help but notice that when I was buying the car, I was given a better deal conditioned on the fact that I would give them a glowing review. As a man of my word, I did check the exceptional boxes, you could say against my will. I wouldnt have wanted to mess with the man's livelihood anyways, but I would have preferred a situation where I wanted to truly fill out the survey with honestly good experiences. Not sure if this is common practice, but if dealers use good deals to leverage better survey results, then the Elite award really means nothing.
I don't understand your complaint at all. You accept a bribe in return for a good review, then complain that the review system doesn't work.
Old 01-20-11, 04:47 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

^^ I made the mistake of telling my secretary to fill out a Lexus survey when I purchased my first RX in 99. I got a call later from the salesman saying why I didnt give him "exceptional" marks...that was an awkward phone call.

Even if I didnt get the bribe, the last thing I want is a phone call from the person whom I just gave a bad review to.
Old 01-20-11, 05:00 PM
JForce
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Use the review to your advantage. Tell your salesman how you feel about his actions and let him know that there is a possibilty he will get bad reviews.

I didn't know they will give you a call if you gave them bad reviews haha...
Old 01-20-11, 06:12 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

It's a non-issue for me, I've seen this drill at one of my 2 local Mercedes dealerships.
Old 01-20-11, 06:39 PM
LexFather

I actually get this a lot from restaurants and stores. Employees will give me a super deal/discount that is not normal then give me the receipt and say "hey call this number and say I was awesome".

Old 01-21-11, 07:40 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,097 Likes on 1,360 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
My dealer has said that they would consider it a failure in they didn't get an exceptional mark from me when I fill out surveys after sales or service. They honestly do their best to make it exceptional.
they only say that because lexus corp penalizes them if they don't get exceptional marks. most car sales people have no idea what exceptional really means.

for me it's simple:

give me a good deal. don't play games. don't make up stuff or lie about the vehicle. don't insult my intelligence. don't bad mouth other brands.
Old 01-21-11, 08:48 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
they only say that because lexus corp penalizes them if they don't get exceptional marks. most car sales people have no idea what exceptional really means.

for me it's simple:

give me a good deal. don't play games. don't make up stuff or lie about the vehicle. don't insult my intelligence. don't bad mouth other brands.
Old 01-21-11, 09:37 AM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Lexus could always adopt the Cadillac way of handling surveys: tell customers they get a gift or coupon for bringing in all surveys (filled or unfilled) and letting the dealer handle the tough task of mailing them in.
Old 01-21-11, 09:47 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by caddyowner
Lexus could always adopt the Cadillac way of handling surveys: tell customers they get a gift or coupon for bringing in all surveys (filled or unfilled) and letting the dealer handle the tough task of mailing them in.
1 of the 2 Mercedes dealerships that I do business with does exactly ^ that. No problem.
Old 07-20-11, 10:49 AM
GS69
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Thumbs up ScottsDale

Scottsdale, Arizona, July 15th, 2011- Scottsdale Lexus has been named a recipient of the 2010 Lexus Elite Award for the 18th time. This prestigious award is given to the top Lexus dealerships in the country for demonstrating exceptional service and sales performance. It is a notable honor for the store and recognizes their continued dedication to providing the best customer service and overall Lexus buying experience in the Phoenix valley.

Presented by the Lexus brand, the Elite Award was given to just 187 Lexus dealerships in the United States in 2010. Each dealership honored with the award was found to demonstrate exceptional results in all they do. From earning superior customer satisfaction survey rankings, to providing personal, attentive customer service, and consistent sales follow-up services, each store was recognized for going the extra mile to provide customers with a 1-of-a-kind buying experience. Lexus also recognized these stores for taking ownership of the brand and representing the innovative, service-oriented spirit of the Lexus brand.

Scottsdale Lexus general manager Tracy Moorman commented on the award saying, “We are very proud to have received this award eighteen times now. Our staff works hard to provide the superior service and attention Lexus customers have come to expect from this dealership, and we are pleased to be able to continue to provide a higher standard of service every day.”
About Scottsdale Lexus
Scottsdale Lexus is located in Phoenix, Arizona and is a premier retailer of new Lexus vehicles and certified pre-owned luxury vehicles. Known for exceptional performance, styling, and comfort, the Lexus brand offers a wide array of luxury vehicles including coupes, sedans, and SUVs. Scottsdale Lexus prides itself on providing the best customer service and vehicle service standards in the Phoenix valley. They are a member of the Penske Automotive brand and strive to provide knowledgeable, friendly service that customers have grown to expect from the Penske brand. As an eighteen-time winner of the Elite Award, Scottsdale Lexus has a proud history of earning the highest customer satisfaction rankings available. To learn more about the dealership, available vehicles, pricing, or location, please visit their website at http://www.scottsdalelexus.com or call the sales department at 800-578-6808.
Old 07-20-11, 12:03 PM
IS350jet
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GoHuskers
I think the ELITE badge is just a label for customers to "think" this is a better dealer than the others.
Nothing could be further from the truth. Elite of Lexus is highly coveted for dealers that don't have it and for the ones that do, they will do anything to keep it. Elite of Lexus requires a dealership in which every single employee does their part. The surveys mean everything and are critically important to a dealers success. Elite of Lexus's sole purpose is to keep dealers focused on customer satisfaction. And yes, for Elite dealers, one bad survey can take it all away.

Quick Reply: Lexus Elite Dealer Discussion