Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Best Bday Present Ever!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-11, 03:34 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

That's pretty friggin' awesome
Old 01-17-11, 09:36 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best of best BD's, wow!
Old 01-17-11, 10:19 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i did this a few months back, it was a nice experience. the track is challenging especially for us average joe's who are not race car drivers, you can't too fast since there was an instructor inside the car with you. i actually got yelled at for going to hard on the car at first and also missed a turn when i lost my concentration on my 4th lap. we left the car on automatic since i was not familiar with paddle shift, also i couldn't concentrate on all the turns and bends and tried to shift gears at the same time. being the complete amateur, i was not at all familiar with the track, may have missed the apex on multiple occasions. if i had to do it over again, i woudl try the car on race mode and go at it again.

I drove a gallardo there, probably the fastest around the track, a tad over 550 hp, even faster than the scuderia. They didn't have the 458 a few months back, might be worth checking out again when i go back to vegas in march. the lambo handles on rails, the suspension is very stiff, v10 sound is music to my ears, and the brakes are very balanced! you will love it.

have fun, im sure you will have a blast!

Last edited by One HoT; 01-17-11 at 10:23 PM.
Old 01-17-11, 11:38 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by One HoT
i did this a few months back, it was a nice experience. the track is challenging especially for us average joe's who are not race car drivers, you can't too fast since there was an instructor inside the car with you. i actually got yelled at for going to hard on the car at first and also missed a turn when i lost my concentration on my 4th lap. we left the car on automatic since i was not familiar with paddle shift, also i couldn't concentrate on all the turns and bends and tried to shift gears at the same time. being the complete amateur, i was not at all familiar with the track, may have missed the apex on multiple occasions. if i had to do it over again, i woudl try the car on race mode and go at it again.

I drove a gallardo there, probably the fastest around the track, a tad over 550 hp, even faster than the scuderia. They didn't have the 458 a few months back, might be worth checking out again when i go back to vegas in march. the lambo handles on rails, the suspension is very stiff, v10 sound is music to my ears, and the brakes are very balanced! you will love it.

have fun, im sure you will have a blast!
this is kind of what i wanted to get to. it's very cool to drive these exotics, if that's what you want, then it's going to be a cool experience. but if you are to expand your driving experience, be a better driver and track performance, then jumping to these exotics, and only around 5 laps of track time, i am not sure how much you can get out of it. you can easily spend first half of the time just to get used to the car and its power.

if i were to improve my driving, i rather have a fast but not super fast car, and focus more on doing the best i can with that car on the track
Old 01-18-11, 12:10 AM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome birthday gift and awesome wife. It's hard to find a woman who shows interest in cars nowadays. Happy birthday!
Old 01-18-11, 09:55 AM
muhbuhtuh
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn nice gift man. make sure to post pics and vids
Old 01-18-11, 11:08 AM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Man those 5 laps will be gone in no time lol

During the Lexus event I got lucky and got to lap the ISF for 6 laps instead of the 3 everyone else had, and I didn't get to pick up and get into a comfortable pace until lap 5 >.>
Old 01-18-11, 07:09 PM
MrBruin09
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congratulations!

My brother owns the last two cars on your list. They are all amazing cars, you will definitely enjoy the experience.
Old 01-19-11, 01:38 AM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sick dude enjoy and happy birthday
Old 01-19-11, 11:20 AM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats, Happy Bday and awesome gift!
Old 01-19-11, 05:45 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

I'll start by saying WOW! All of these cars are amazing. I'll post up my impressions of them each when I get back home....still having fun in Vegas until tomorrow night.

In the order I drove them:

GT-R....what a beast!...incredible bang for the buck!
Attached Thumbnails Best Bday Present Ever!-exotics-driving-experience-0241.jpg   Best Bday Present Ever!-exotics-driving-experience-0221.jpg   Best Bday Present Ever!-exotics-driving-experience-023.jpg   Best Bday Present Ever!-exotics-driving-experience-025.jpg  
Old 01-19-11, 05:47 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Next up was the Murcielago. Incredible power....but the car is freakin' huge....very easy to lose control of quickly if you don't respect it....another driver put it into a full spin out of turn 1.
Attached Thumbnails Best Bday Present Ever!-exotics-driving-experience-016.jpg   Best Bday Present Ever!-exotics-driving-experience-018.jpg   Best Bday Present Ever!-exotics-driving-experience-017.jpg  
Old 01-19-11, 05:50 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Took the Italia next. Was very quick and powerful but the steering is actually to light.
Attached Thumbnails Best Bday Present Ever!-exotics-driving-experience-0291.jpg   Best Bday Present Ever!-exotics-driving-experience-0261.jpg   Best Bday Present Ever!-exotics-driving-experience-0271.jpg   Best Bday Present Ever!-exotics-driving-experience-0281.jpg  
Old 01-19-11, 05:52 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Finally I got to the Scuderia. OMG!!!!

Street legal race car....ridiculously loud....incredible handling and stupidly quick.
Attached Thumbnails Best Bday Present Ever!-exotics-driving-experience-0481.jpg   Best Bday Present Ever!-exotics-driving-experience-0491.jpg   Best Bday Present Ever!-exotics-driving-experience-0461.jpg   Best Bday Present Ever!-exotics-driving-experience-0471.jpg   Best Bday Present Ever!-exotics-driving-experience-0451.jpg  

Old 01-19-11, 05:55 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

The rest of the cars:

(The Z06 is just available for a drift show ride along....they go through anywhere from 1-3 sets of tires...per day! Notice the tread marks....leaving the garage! )

There was also a 911 Carrera S that I missed getting a pic of.
Attached Thumbnails Best Bday Present Ever!-exotics-driving-experience-0301.jpg   Best Bday Present Ever!-exotics-driving-experience-0511.jpg   Best Bday Present Ever!-exotics-driving-experience-0531.jpg   Best Bday Present Ever!-exotics-driving-experience-0571.jpg   Best Bday Present Ever!-exotics-driving-experience-0501.jpg  

Quick Reply: Best Bday Present Ever!