Register Forgot Password?

J.D. Power Releases 2010 Sales Satisfaction Index, Lexus ranks 5th

Old 11-19-10, 01:45 PM   #16
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPLexus301 View Post
^ It seems like last year that people were saying that $30,000 was the "luxury" threshold. Now you can get a Prius or Chevy Cruze optioned close to that, and a BMW 5 series can run up to $90K!

Oh how times change
Yes indeed, and now we know one reason why CPO sales of later model Lexus, Mercedes, BMW vehicles are so strong.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Old 11-19-10, 08:51 PM   #17
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS-SV View Post
Yes indeed, and now we know one reason why CPO sales of later model Lexus, Mercedes, BMW vehicles are so strong.
CPO's, though, for a number of reasons, can run almost as much as new cars. And, though, as a whole, they seem to be in better condition than non-CPOs because of their reconditioning, I've still seen some that I wasn't impressed with.
Old 11-19-10, 09:37 PM   #18
bnizzle87
Lexus Champion

Brian 08ISF bn1zzle87

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS3Tek View Post
I'm sure part of the sales exp. were where the salesperson judged you if you look like you can afford their car:
so true! much of today's sales are done online, which makes it easier and less hectic for the customer. jaguar has always been pleasant with their amicable nature at the dealer- from my personal experience. that and land rover/ range rover. mercedes, from what i've witnessed, has a more entitlement, prissy nature when you first enter their showroom, and you can tell from the demeanor of their salespeople sometimes.

Aerotect | Tom's | Joe Z + Performance Tube Systems | Xenon Depot | AutoCouture | Beat-Sonic | WALD | BC Racing + Swift | Volk Racing | PPE | ?

My Build Thread:
Build Process - Pictures and Progression - Insights
bnizzle87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-10, 11:02 PM   #19
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

all this shows is that Jag and Cadillac pamper your ***.

I do agree with the ratings though.
trying to buy an Infiniti leaves a bad taste in your mouth.
Most of the infiniti dealers around socal are crap. There's even one infiniti dealership that's run out of a shack. Nissan does not set standards for the dealerships.
dunnojack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-10, 11:29 PM   #20
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarshall View Post
CPO's, though, for a number of reasons, can run almost as much as new cars. And, though, as a whole, they seem to be in better condition than non-CPOs because of their reconditioning, I've still seen some that I wasn't impressed with.
A vast majority of CPO cars are significantly cheaper than new cars which is no surprise considering a number of factors (including the facts that most CPO cars have several thousand miles on them and are several months old).

Even CPO cars should be inspected carefully.

Like all used cars, some are mediocre but more non-CPO cars are unacceptable.

Back to my orginal point when I responded earlier, CPO premium car sales are very strong today in this recovering economy. Many of these buyers are enjoying premium car ownership at prices not much different than a new non-premium more common and mundane car.

Last edited by IS-SV; 11-20-10 at 11:29 AM..
IS-SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-10, 09:22 AM   #21
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnojack View Post
Most of the infiniti dealers around socal are crap. There's even one infiniti dealership that's run out of a shack. Nissan does not set standards for the dealerships.

Hard to tell, though, with some dealerships. You mention SoCal....land, real estate, and the cost of doing buisness are all absurdly expensive in that region (they are here in the D.C. area, too, but to a slightly lesser-extent). It could (?) be that the Infiniti dealershoip you speak of simply decided to use the money to keep prices down, give better customer-service, and pay its employees more, rather to spend a large amount on fancy buildings and funishings.
Old 11-20-10, 10:41 AM   #22
STIG
Lexus Fanatic

I don't really care if Lexus ranks 1st or last, but you do have to wonder who filled out these surveys. My family and I have bought few lexus over the year and we just tossed these surveys out.

Do you guys fill these out all the time? I am just assuming that Jag buyers have all the free time they want to fill these out, and the only lexus buyers who filled these out are the unhappy ones.
STIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-10, 12:48 PM   #23
LexFather
Trader Score: ()

STIG good questions. I do think the data is relevant and we all know dealerships can vary from fantastic to awful within the same brand.

In the end Jaguar has really improved things and while they have a very small group of customers they seem to make buying a new one a fantastic experience.
Old 11-20-10, 01:08 PM   #24
CTB727
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnojack View Post
all this shows is that Jag and Cadillac pamper your ***.

I do agree with the ratings though.
Not always true. When we were looking at new cars, we considered the new G37 sedan. The salesman was probably the best we ever dealt with. Honest and upfront about everything. Didn't try to hide anything or sneak in fees here and there. We ended up buying an ES350 for my mom because of our great past experiences with the Toyota brand. One things for sure, when I'm going to be in the market for a new car, I will definitely consider Infiniti and the particular dealer we went to.
CTB727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-10, 01:08 PM