Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Porsche Cayenne hybrid to carry $68,675 price

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-10, 06:54 AM
LexFather

Post Porsche Cayenne hybrid to carry $68,675 price

Porsche's 2011 Cayenne S hybrid will go on sale next month, carrying a $68,675 sticker price tag, including transportation.

Porsche says the hybrid will accelerate from zero-to-60 miles per hour in 6.1 seconds and has a top speed of 150 mph. The automaker estimates fuel economy at 21 mpg in the city and 25 mpg on the highway. The SUV can drive on electric power alone up to 37 mph.

The Cayenne S is powered by a 333-horsepower supercharged 3.0-liter V-6 and a 34-kilowatt electric motor producing 47 horsepower.

The hybrid system uses a 288-volt nickel metal-hydride battery fitted beneath the luggage compartment, and regenerative braking. The braking system stores electricity gained from applying the brakes, and the electricity is used to propel the vehicle in electric drive.

Read more: http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dl...#ixzz13kvScpWR

Old 10-29-10, 08:11 AM
JessePS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After the Burmester soundsystem like $10k or something, this thing going to be over $78675. Plus all the other options.

Nice numbers though. Smaller engine than the RXh, also has more power but the mpg (combined) mpg better on the RXh.

I do like the new design of the Cayenne. I just wonder how many people will buy the Cayenne S Hybrid instead of the Lexus RXh though.
Old 10-29-10, 08:37 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i still think it's cheaper than i expected (even when loaded). initially i thought a reasonably loaded one would be around 90 already
Old 10-29-10, 08:38 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by JessePS
After the Burmester soundsystem like $10k or something, this thing going to be over $78675. Plus all the other options.

Nice numbers though. Smaller engine than the RXh, also has more power but the mpg (combined) mpg better on the RXh.

I do like the new design of the Cayenne. I just wonder how many people will buy the Cayenne S Hybrid instead of the Lexus RXh though.
i think the car is in quite a different segment. just price alone it's like 80% more expensive, i don't think a lot of rx owners are in the market of this cayenne
Old 10-29-10, 10:13 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
i think the car is in quite a different segment. just price alone it's like 80% more expensive, i don't think a lot of rx owners are in the market of this cayenne
^^^ lol, what he said.
Old 10-29-10, 10:48 AM
lexmenow
Lexus Champion

Why are people who can pay this kind of money for a vehicle concerned with gas prices.

You don't get rich by not being frugal but darn.
Old 10-29-10, 10:58 AM
Mister Two
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lexmenow
Why are people who can pay this kind of money for a vehicle concerned with gas prices.

You don't get rich by not being frugal but darn.
It's about making yourself feel good for being "green", of course.
Old 10-29-10, 11:13 AM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

Before I ordered my RXh, the new Cayennes tried to convert me Love the interior cockpit look, and the lowest model also starts in the mid40s like the RXh. New model looks great!
Old 10-29-10, 12:00 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by RXSF
Before I ordered my RXh, the new Cayennes tried to convert me Love the interior cockpit look, and the lowest model also starts in the mid40s like the RXh. New model looks great!
that's why you are in the minority per my post

seriously, saving gas is more of an "extra" to me i guess. it's just like isf owners saying they like their cars coz' they can get 27mpg. but fact is, most people looking for that car, gas money is way down on the list
Old 10-29-10, 12:31 PM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

i still think it's cheaper than i expected (even when loaded). initially i thought a reasonably loaded one would be around 90 already
Add all the packages, Burmeister, and turbo wheels and you'e at $95K...

While I like the hybrid, might as well go another $20K for a fully loaded turbo that will blow the doors off and out brakes most everything out there, carries 5 people, tows 7,000 lbs AND get 22 miles on the freeway... in black please!!

Porsche Cayenne hybrid to carry ,675 price-cayenne.jpg
Old 10-29-10, 05:23 PM
Mbenz528i
Lexus Test Driver

I agree that RXh owners will not cross shop although my wife loves this car, but she doesn't think it is worth the premium. For her, it is hybrid only.

If it were me, I would just go Turbo or bust because performance trumps gas to me.
Old 10-29-10, 06:35 PM
LexFather

If I am correct, the S is 64k so for 4 grand more you can get the hybrid. It uses the AUdi S4 s/c engine with the new hybrid components.

I have to say reviews from the Porsche mags and Euro reviews haven't been great. It seems the system works well and like a Lexus hybrid but I tihnk "hybrid" and "Porsche" is making heads explode . It also negates all the weight loss the Cayenne got this model.

Yall know I love hybrids but I will need to drive this as it is challenging to my mind

Old 10-29-10, 07:49 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that's why you are in the minority per my post

seriously, saving gas is more of an "extra" to me i guess. it's just like isf owners saying they like their cars coz' they can get 27mpg. but fact is, most people looking for that car, gas money is way down on the list
I don't know wtf you're talking about Henry?

The only reason I bought the F over the M3 is because it gets 10 mpg more...lol.

J/K of course.

Ironically, the wife and I had this conversation tonight. I was filling up the X5 (diesel of course for the gas savings ) and overheard someone talking about putting $10 bucks into their car. Now don't get me wrong, been there done that....I remember putting $2 or $4 in the not so distant past. But now that we are fortunate to be able to afford luxury vehicles, filling up the tank is not a really important consideration.

Like Russ just pointed out, for a fully loaded Hybrid, I'd lean closer to the Turbo or GTS than saving a few bucks in gas.
Old 10-29-10, 10:24 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
I don't know wtf you're talking about Henry?

The only reason I bought the F over the M3 is because it gets 10 mpg more...lol.

J/K of course.

Ironically, the wife and I had this conversation tonight. I was filling up the X5 (diesel of course for the gas savings ) and overheard someone talking about putting $10 bucks into their car. Now don't get me wrong, been there done that....I remember putting $2 or $4 in the not so distant past. But now that we are fortunate to be able to afford luxury vehicles, filling up the tank is not a really important consideration.

Like Russ just pointed out, for a fully loaded Hybrid, I'd lean closer to the Turbo or GTS than saving a few bucks in gas.
lol gosh, and i thought i just made another enemy

but in no way am i not aware of gas price or cost. i am still cautious. but just like you said, while i can still afford it at this point, i am not going to worry too much about it
Old 10-29-10, 10:34 PM
JessePS

All the options I like (except the Carbon-Ceramic brakes) it comes out to C$124,095 w/ the destination charge lol

Exterior Colour
Auburn Metallic E6 $1,080

Interior Colour
Full Leather Interior in Black LC $4,980

Exterior
Deletion of Model Designation 0NA $0
Panoramic Roof System 3FU $2,520
Self Dimming Mirrors with Comfort/Driver Memory Package PA2 $580
Heated windshield with Thermally and Noise Insulated Privacy Glass 4GG $670
Thermally and Noise Insulated Privacy Glass VW5 $1,530
Bi-Xenon Lighting System incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS) 8EA $2,540
Wheel Arch Extensions with Side Door Protection Mouldings 6GB $1,350