Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Do you guys remember the Knight Rider

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-10, 02:12 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts
Default Do you guys remember the Knight Rider

Hey guys I was just scrolling through some threads and saw a picture of the dash of Kitt the famous Knight rider car. I remember the night that I saw the first episode like it was yesterday. I remember the car driving across and open desert with the narrators deep voice telling the story of the Knight rider and Michael Knight. The music was awesome also. The intro music was cooler than most of the crap on the radio. It really got my hyped. The night of the first episode was when my parents started letting me stay up until 10pm ( I was 7 years old). This was the first car show I got into. It was also right around the age I started my love affair with cars. Unfortunately the show had only a 4 year run ( from 9-26-1982 to 8-8-1986) This vehicle and the show have a special place in my heart. I was wondering if you guys have any fond memories of the show???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo8Ql...eature=related : INTRO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF_rVUbvT3w : intro music
Attached Thumbnails Do you guys remember the Knight Rider-knight-rider-1.jpg   Do you guys remember the Knight Rider-kitt-knight-rider.jpg   Do you guys remember the Knight Rider-knight_rider_supercar_kitt_instrumentation.jpg   Do you guys remember the Knight Rider-cimg5673.jpg   Do you guys remember the Knight Rider-dsc00683.jpg  

Last edited by I8ABMR; 07-15-10 at 02:15 PM.
Old 07-15-10, 02:25 PM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ah the wonder years, and even then gm screws it all up.

they have a car as the star of a top rated tv show and they till manage to screw it all up!
Old 07-15-10, 02:29 PM
LexFather

There has been a few threads about the car/show

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...ghlight=KNIGHT

Old 07-15-10, 03:00 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, I'm old enough to remember.
Old 07-15-10, 04:08 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Thinking about it makes me feel old
Old 07-15-10, 04:12 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks buddy! I saw those. The first thread is 6 years old, the 2nd and 3rd are about the new Knight Rider. I am going back to the original old school Knight rider from 1982. I am sure you are old enough to remember watching this when you were a kid. Did it get you charged up about cars?? I thought it was the coolest thing I had ever seen when I was 7..
Old 07-15-10, 06:13 PM
Mbenz528i
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I loved Knight Rider, my first name is Michael and I would have people call me Michael Knight...when I didn't require them to call me He-Man that is. I loved the show, the car, everything about it, especially Super Pursuit Mode!
Attached Thumbnails Do you guys remember the Knight Rider-kitt-in-super-persuit-mode.jpg  
Old 07-15-10, 07:00 PM
metalgear
Lexus Champion

heck yeah! one of my favorite TV show's back in the 80's.
Old 07-15-10, 07:15 PM
vntperform
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I remember the show, as I too use to watch it when it was on. But now that I look at the video....talk about some fake *** ****.
Old 07-15-10, 07:31 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

It was certainly one of my joys as a kid. Looking at it now though, it's a pretty silly, cheesy, and badly acted show. Then again, every show from the '80's fit that description.
Old 07-15-10, 07:34 PM
2002GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

Loved knight rider, still catch old episodes on youtube and itunes. I really like the shows when KITT goes against Goliath the best!
Old 07-15-10, 07:36 PM
HarrierRX300
Lead Lap

I especially loved the show when KITT vs. KARR
Old 07-15-10, 07:41 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

I loved "Knight Rider" and I loved 80's shows. That great 80's show along with "Dukes of Hazard" and "Smokey and the Bandit" got me into sports cars/performance cars. I was about 5 when "Knight Rider" came out and looked forward to every episode. Every time it came on I would grab my Pontiac Knight Rider toy car to play with(did the same thing when Dukes of Hazard came on with my General Lee car ). It was so cool going into toy stores or Kmart when I was a kid and seeing all the 80's television/movie merchandise like Knight Rider, Air Wolf, A team, Star Wars, GI JOE, Gremlins, Ghost Busters, He Man, etc. I remember picking out a black leather jacket because "Michael Knight" always wore one and would always wear it. My friend and I ruined our 1st grade pictures because we refused to take our "Knight Rider" black leather jackets off when they took our pictures, my parents were not happy with that.

The show was great from the beginning theme song to the well done action packed episodes, no CGI crap in Knight Rider.

They don't make those great 80's shows like "Knight Rider" anymore. The forgettable remake was awful and I stopped watching it after 5 minutes because it could not compare to the original.
Old 07-15-10, 08:36 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I was a HARD CORE Knight Rider fan back in the day. The intro music was one of my favorites and the narrator's dialogue, I memorized down to the word. I was so much so that my bedroom wall was COVERED with the images and anything Knight Rider related. When KITT came to the World of Wheels Car show in Baltimore, a few times, attendance for me was a MUST!!! I got photographs with the car. I got photographs with the Hoff, and to show you how much of a fan I was back then, I even bought the album that he was hocking back then (guilty confession,,, wasn't too bad,,,still have it on Vinyl in storage).
In my posession, at the time were the Knight Rider cut off challenge race track, the Knight 2000 Voice car with action figure (which I still have with original box and works perfectly,,not selling), the black leather jacket, the copy of his comlink watch, the blueprints for Kitt (was a studio offer that you had to write in for), my lil bro got the Knight Rider big wheel ( I was too old to own one, however b/c it was in the house I was happy), and I even have the Box DVD set now. Oh yeah,, I had it bad. LOL!!

The re-makes of the show that were attempted on numerous occasions just did not sit well with me at all. Props for trying, but there just is no messing with the original. In hindsight,,yeah the acting was bad,, the scenes were fake as a $3 bill, and the concept of alot of what happened on the show just did not make sense, but ya gotta admit,, it was still cool tho.
Old 07-16-10, 01:53 AM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Damn I was watching this on netflix last night. Reliving my first car show that I can remember must've been about 2 or 3 years old, when I first seen it and it has stuck with me to this day.

Quick Reply: Do you guys remember the Knight Rider