Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Random RWD Cressidas

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-10, 02:16 PM
LexFather

Post Random RWD Cressidas

Old 05-22-10, 02:46 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

random is right. This stuff reminds me of when super street magazine bothers to feature some 17 yr old civic that nobody other than the owner would even want to look at.

The car is worth less than the wheels and tires on the car. LOL. Regardless of cost the car does nothing for me. Just my humble opinion
Old 05-22-10, 03:19 PM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

For someone that speaks so highly of the GTR, its accomplishments, and its heritage you sure does not appreciate other JDM goodies lol
Old 05-22-10, 03:31 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
random is right. This stuff reminds me of when super street magazine bothers to feature some 17 yr old civic that nobody other than the owner would even want to look at.

The car is worth less than the wheels and tires on the car. LOL. Regardless of cost the car does nothing for me. Just my humble opinion
I completely disagree. I loved Cressidas. I grew up with it. My parents had Toyota Mark II (JDM version of these cressidas), and these are the start of Toyota's luxury division.

I can't say enough how much I love Mark II and Cressidas.
Old 05-22-10, 03:35 PM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like this
Old 05-22-10, 03:48 PM
SLegacy99
Lead Lap

I wonder what the world would be like if RWD still dominated the sedan market. That being said, I much prefer a Camry, Fusion, Malibu, etc. in FWD....no thats not true. I really only prefer AWD.
Old 05-22-10, 04:15 PM
TWong350

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow...that just outright arrogant. YOU may not be interested in these cars but they are what old JDM heritage is all about. The roots of JDM. Where it all started. 17 yr old Civics pique my interest as do these old school Cressida's definitely catch my attention.

Thanks for sharing these photos, 1Sick. I love the first one. The motor is so flippin clean!
Old 05-22-10, 05:19 PM
QuachmanES
Lead Lap

Great pics.

I remember my mom had an old Cressida when I was a kid, can't remember what year it was. I've always been a fan of classic JDM cars, especially from the 80's.
Old 05-22-10, 06:48 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

I give props to the Cressida, it's the ancestor of the IS
Old 05-22-10, 07:04 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mikez
For someone that speaks so highly of the GTR, its accomplishments, and its heritage you sure does not appreciate other JDM goodies lol
hey buddy if thats a JDM goodie I am not sure I want to see what you call JDM garbage. I would say an older Integra Type R is JDM yuminess, not an old beat down family sedan that is seriously worth maybe $250
Old 05-22-10, 07:08 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by TWong1200
Wow...that just outright arrogant. YOU may not be interested in these cars but they are what old JDM heritage is all about. The roots of JDM. Where it all started. 17 yr old Civics pique my interest as do these old school Cressida's definitely catch my attention.

Thanks for sharing these photos, 1Sick. I love the first one. The motor is so flippin clean!
If the car was stock and in mint condition that would be something, but to see an old beaten down and totally stripped family sedan is not JDM good stuff

This is what we would usually call JDM sweetness. I think you will see what I mean
Attached Thumbnails Random RWD Cressidas-kpgc10-048.jpg   Random RWD Cressidas-kpgc10-068.jpg   Random RWD Cressidas-kpgc10-109.jpg  
Old 05-22-10, 07:12 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

If the car was stock and in mint condition that would be something, but to see an old beaten down and totally stripped family sedan is not JDM good stuff

oh dear. I am speechless.
Old 05-22-10, 07:15 PM
LexFather

hey buddy if thats a JDM goodie I am not sure I want to see what you call JDM garbage. I would say an older Integra Type R is JDM yuminess, not an old beat down family sedan that is seriously worth maybe $250
And you want to call other people "ignorant"? I posted this to share some RWD Cressida goodness. It was a wonderful RWD Toyota sedan in the 1980s and today people are swapping the engines and turning them into drifters in some cases.

A local shop I know was on "Pinks" with one and they won the race in their modified Cressida.

It is OUTRAGEOUS you are quick to blab "oh this site doesn't like other cars" and "oh yall are bashing this car I like" and then you come and do the exact same thing over and over with cars you don't like or don't understand.

You then come and post pics in a Cressida thread with ANOTHER Skyline/GTR.

If you are going to just come in here to bash the Cressida please just exit the thread or at least "google' about it.

Old 05-22-10, 07:17 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 161 Likes on 137 Posts

beautiful pictures
Old 05-22-10, 07:23 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by mikez
HAHAHAHHAHAHAH, quoted for truth.

Quick Reply: Random RWD Cressidas