Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Super Coupe: Brabus E V12 Now In Two-Door Form!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-10, 05:45 PM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Super Coupe: Brabus E V12 Now In Two-Door Form!!!

My... my... my....!

2-Word phrases come to mind when I see this car:

Superb Craftsmanship.
Brute Force.
Instant Exclusivity.
Game Over.

There's nothing new about Brabus stuffing a V12 into an E-Class. They've been doing it since 1996, and have been making twin-turbo models since 2003. The latest version is based off of the new E Coupe, and it's a much prettier car than the awkward looking E V12 Black Baron that we saw in Frankfurt. Fortunately it does share the same engine - a 6.3-liter twin-turbo V12 putting out 800 horsepower and 1047 lb-ft torque. Brabus quotes a 0-100 km/h time of just 3.7 seconds and a top speed of 230 mph, and judging from the performance of their previous cars we are inclined to believe them.

Besides the engine, the E V12 Coupe also comes with larger brakes, a Brabus-spec coilover suspension system, 19-inch wheels and more carbon fiber than you can shake a stick at. The front spoiler, grille, front and rear fenders, rear diffuser, intake system, interior trim and seats are all made from the lightweight material. What is all of this going to cost you? 478,000 Euros – approximately $650,000 using today's exchange rate, or more than 13 E-Class Coupes.
Old 05-12-10, 05:51 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is SICK. I love it.
Old 05-12-10, 06:16 PM
venom21
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd say excessive....
Old 05-12-10, 06:24 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Sorry, but no. Every single one of these high powered Brabus creations are unable to efficiently put power to the ground, resulting in white knuckle handling.

Plus they're overpriced - would anyone take this over both an SL65 Black and an SLR for the same amount money when either is faster and handles better? Not unless you're in Dubai and have both already...
Old 05-12-10, 06:30 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

german rice... yuck
Old 05-12-10, 07:10 PM
LexFather

If I had a ton of money and absolutely no taste, I'd rock this!

Old 05-12-10, 07:11 PM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
If I had a ton of money and absolutely no taste, I'd rock this!
I lol'd....

Mike, you're a phony I mean funny dude.

I keeeeeeeeeeeed!
Old 05-12-10, 07:14 PM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

This car is for the "Elite Upper Echelon" folks who can appreciate it's "over the topness".

TXSTYLE - Is trying to get there.
Old 05-12-10, 07:20 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Great Work on Brabus's part.. I like all there black series cars.. Looking good..
Old 05-12-10, 07:20 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by TXSTYLE
I lol'd....

Mike, you're a phony I mean funny dude.

I keeeeeeeeeeeed!
Don't worry it's not better than the GTR. Its utterly amazing to see large font, big red letters and excitement over this and then bashing the LFA on a Lexus forum without even beginning to understanding the complexities of why it is the greatest car ever from Japan.

Instead we call it overpriced but fap over a E class coupe that is based on the last gen C class with a price tag TWICE THE PRICE of the LFA.

To be honest I can appreciate it, I just think its overdone.

Please commence.

Old 05-12-10, 07:37 PM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Don't worry it's not better than the GTR. Its utterly amazing to see large font, big red letters and excitement over this and then bashing the LFA on a Lexus forum without even beginning to understanding the complexities of why it is the greatest car ever from Japan.

Instead we call it overpriced but fap over a E class coupe that is based on the last gen C class with a price tag TWICE THE PRICE of the LFA.

To be honest I can appreciate it, I just think its overdone.

Please commence.
Mike... Are you sure you're not writing comedy for Hollywood bruh?

Now we ALL know I have not bashed the LF-A (funny how you mentioned it here) I believe just today....

The GT-R set the precedence for Japan performance and now the LF-A has taken it to another level.
Now then... Just because I'm not a HUGE fan of the LF-A doesn't mean I hate on it. But see now you're baiting me into a subject that's Off Topic of this thread. Which is frowned upon around here.

We are ALL seperate and unique individuals with our own unique likes and dislikes.
I like the "over the top" statement cars that are super raw and gaudy like this Ubber Benz.
But hey... That's just ya Big Hommie's preference. But yet I still "appreciate" all cars and will give props when due. Count on that.
Old 05-12-10, 07:47 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

amazing piece of machinery. I would swap my car all day long to rock this
Old 05-12-10, 07:53 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Got to say I'm not a big fan of this... I usually like Brabus stuff but this one doesn't come together IMO.

That interior makes me feel like I've been scanned by the MCP and am about to be put out on the game grid.

Master Control Program: I've got a little challenge for you, Brabus - a new recruit. He's a tough case, but I want him treated in the usual manner. Train him for the games... let him hope for a while... and blow him away.
Brabus: You've got it. I've been hopin' you'd send me somebody with a little more guts... what kind of car is he?
Master Control Program: He's not any kind of program, Brabus. He's a Mercedes driver.
Brabus: A Mercedes driver?
Master Control Program: That's right. He pushed me... in the other world. Somebody pushes me, I push back. So I brought him down here... What's the matter, Brabus? You look nervous.
Brabus: Well, I - it's just - I don't know, a Mercedes driver, I mean... MB owners bought us. A MB owner even bought you...
Master Control Program: No one owner bought me. I'm worth a couple million of their dollars!
Brabus: But-what if I can't...?
Master Control Program: You rather take your chances with me? Want me to slow down your supercharged power cycles for you?
Brabus: Wait... I need that...
Master Control Program: Then pull yourself together. Get this clown trained. I want him in the Games until he dies playing. Acknowledge.
Brabus: Acknowledged, Master Control...
Master Control Program: End of line.
Old 05-12-10, 07:59 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

We are ALL seperate and unique individuals with our own unique likes and dislikes.
I like the "over the top" statement cars that are super raw and gaudy like this Ubber Benz.
But hey... That's just ya Big Hommie's preference. But yet I still "appreciate" all cars and will give props when due. Count on that.
But dude, it doesn't really make that "over the top" statement. It looks like a fixed up E coupe, and someone can replicate the look with just a kit and rims.

On the other hand:

Just sayin...
Old 05-12-10, 08:56 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

the styling looks good, but overall it's not my cup of tea. that slr, however....OMG!

Quick Reply: Super Coupe: Brabus E V12 Now In Two-Door Form!!!