Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

So it begins, again: Ford reveals DUB Edition 2011 Mustang V6

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-10, 12:04 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts
Default So it begins, again: Ford reveals DUB Edition 2011 Mustang V6

So it begins, again: Ford reveals DUB Edition 2011 Mustang V6

Limited edition Mustangs were all-too-common with the last generation pony car, and Ford has teamed up with DUB magazine and Roush Industries to get the party restarted with the 2011 model.

Based exclusively on the 305-hp V6 'Stang, the DUB Edition is available in coupe, convertible or glass-roof variants, and comes equipped with a Roush front fascia and splitter, quarter window covers, windshield banner, stripe package and a black interior with the DUB logo embroidered into the headrests.

Fittingly for a Mustang fettled by the lifestyle pub, the DUB edition rolls on 20-inch TIS wheels wrapped in Pirelli rubber, with Roush lowering springs dropping the Mustang for a more aggressive stance. Although the engine remains stock, a 3.31 rear axle is fitted out back to provide, in Ford's words, more "spirited acceleration."

Sales of the DUB Edition will begin this fall, with either an automatic or six-speed manual gearbox, and a choice of four exterior colors: Black, Grabber Blue, Ingot Silver or Race Red. Make the jump for all the details.

DUB EDITION 2011 FORD MUSTANG BRINGS UNIQUE STYLE TO NEW GENERATION OF BUYERS

DEARBORN, Mich., May 3, 2010 – Ford Motor Company is teaming up with automotive lifestyle magazine DUB to roll out a specially customized version of the new 2011 Mustang, introducing the iconic sports car to a new generation of enthusiasts.

The DUB Edition Mustang is based on Ford's outstanding new 3.7-liter V-6 Mustang and will be available this fall. A collaboration between Ford, DUB and Roush Industries, the DUB Edition Mustang will be offered as a coupe, convertible or with the best-of-both-worlds Glass Roof option. Both six-speed manual and automatic transmissions are available.

"The Ford Mustang is the most customized vehicle in the world, and this collaboration pushes the boundaries even further," said Fritz Wilke, Mustang brand manager. "We're proud of our relationship with DUB and Roush and how they worked together to bring a new look to Mustang, helping the 2011 DUB Edition Mustang V-6 appeal to a whole new audience."

• 2011 DUB Edition Mustang introduces Ford Mustang to a whole new generation of buyers
• Based on the new 305-hp Mustang V-6, the DUB Edition will sport 20-inch TIS wheels and Pirelli tires and be available in coupe, convertible and Glass Roof body styles
• The 2011 Mustang V-6 coupe uses advanced technologies and improved aerodynamics to become the first production vehicle to make 300-plus hp and return 30-plus mpg highway

Available only with Ford's new high-tech, 305-horsepower DOHC 3.7-liter V-6, the DUB Edition Mustang will offer:

• 20-inch TIS wheels with Pirelli performance tires
• Roush front fascia and splitter
• Roush quarter window louvers and windshield banner
• Roush lowering springs
• Coupe, convertible or Glass Roof body style
• Six-speed manual or automatic transmission
• 3.31 rear axle ratio for spirited acceleration
• DUB logo embroidered in front headrest and DUB stripe package
• Black interior
• Choice of four exterior colors: Black, Grabber Blue, Race Red or Ingot Silver

"Working with Ford and Roush is an honor and has been a dream come true for DUB," said Myles Kovacs, president and co-founder of DUB magazine. "The Mustang is such an iconic muscle car and has always been a customizer's favorite. The DUB Edition Mustang stays true to its roots, but I think we've successfully brought a ton of hustle to the muscle."

About the 2011 Mustang V-6
For 2011, Mustang is available with a lightweight, all-new high-performance powerplant. Displacing 3.7 liters, the double-overhead-cam (DOHC) 24-valve V-6 uses Ford's Twin Independent Variable Camshaft Timing (Ti-VCT) to produce remarkable power output – 305 horsepower and 280 ft.-lb. of torque – while still achieving up to 31 mpg highway.

Drivers can get the most out of the new V-6 engine using either an all-new six-speed manual or automatic transmission. With either choice comes the flexibility and fuel economy benefit of six forward ratios.

The 2011 Mustang has also received enhancements to its chassis to maintain the outstanding balance and driving behavior Mustang owners expect. Combined with state-of-the-art safety and technology features, the 2011 Mustang sets a new standard in the sports coupe class.
http://www.autoblog.com/2010/05/03/s...11-mustang-v6/
Old 05-03-10, 12:24 AM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

crap filler
Old 05-03-10, 01:43 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

just when you think ford is getting back on track with the stang, a 5.0 v8, the new shelby gt350 even the new v6 they go ahead and make something like this... ok so its aimed at specific demographic but let me tell you, its NOT the demographic im in~
Old 05-03-10, 02:22 AM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you know what....it actually doesn't look as bad as I thought it would.

[I am so going to get flamed...]
Old 05-03-10, 02:51 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

I wonder how the 3.31 rear axle compares to a stock one or maybe there wont be a difference at all with the big 20's?
Old 05-03-10, 06:21 AM
J.P.
Boardroom Thug

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great for the market their targeting.

This is a already hooked up car that can be financed, no cash out of pocket for mods so they may have a winner here, along with the budget minded V6
Old 05-03-10, 06:28 AM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

V6 w/ kits= pretender
Old 05-03-10, 06:46 AM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Me and a friend sat down one night after work and compiled a list of the different Mustangs between 2005 and 2007....

There were almost 50 different packages that were released and sold wether it be from the dealer or another source... That doesn't include the engine variation of those packages either. I just get tired of seeing so many different schemes of the same damn car.
Old 05-03-10, 08:05 AM
Danimal
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rdgdawg
V6 w/ kits= pretender
Am I alone in thinking that the V6 Mustang is no longer a joke? I know the V8 has a lot more power, but 305 hp is pretty damn good. That power is right on par with the IS350.
Old 05-03-10, 08:13 AM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

wow dub is still alive,,,didnt know that
Old 05-03-10, 08:15 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Originally Posted by rdgdawg
V6 w/ kits= pretender
You're flaming every 2IS owner on the forum.
Old 05-03-10, 08:16 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

The new V6 'Stand is pretty much as fast as an IS350, and is a lot A LOT more modifiable and less expensive.

I think Ford has done a good job not only providing street cred, but also creating an image that will appeal to more people than Lexus ever can...
Old 05-03-10, 08:17 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
You're flaming every 2IS owner on the forum.
Not IS-F owners
Old 05-03-10, 08:28 AM
LexFather

The funny thing is guys are throwing 22s on it. 22s are the new "Dub".

Old 05-03-10, 08:37 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 582 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by Danimal
Am I alone in thinking that the V6 Mustang is no longer a joke? I know the V8 has a lot more power, but 305 hp is pretty damn good. That power is right on par with the IS350.
Nope, I feel the same way. The new stang can stand up to the other potent V6s out there and some of the older V8s

Quick Reply: So it begins, again: Ford reveals DUB Edition 2011 Mustang V6