Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.
View Poll Results: The car based middle finger
I use the middle finger as my weapon of choice in the car
9.68%
I don't use the middle finger
25.81%
I use the middle finger sometimes, rarely
33.87%
In the past I was all about giving you the finger
9.68%
I would give 1sicklex the finger 24/7
20.97%
Goats don't have middle fingers
16.13%
Crap, I only have 4 fingers
3.23%
I give people "the shocker"
12.90%
The finger? I give them the arm!
9.68%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

1SICKBLOG: The true medal of honor, the middle finger from another vehicle...

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-10, 07:18 AM
LexFather

Talking 1SICKBLOG: The true medal of honor, the middle finger from another vehicle...

Honestly I stay out of the fast lane most times and cruise around instead of thinking I need to get from point A to point B in warp speed EVERY time Less stressful to say the least. We have a thread where GA is so bad, we have to have a LAW so people can move out of the fast lane as they are holding up traffic. I am very aware of these people and have a few choice words for them and they rhyme with j*******, mucking idiot and bucktard for example.

I also like being on time and having ample time to get to my destination. This also allows for less stress as I don't need to drive like Jeff Gordan to wherever I am going. This however wasn't the case this weekend. I was very busy this weekend and had a lot of running around to do and I was indeed using the fast lane most of the time.

It is utterly frustrating using it. I found myself in the slow lanes easily outpacing the people in the fast lane just clogging up traffic. In the fast lane the stereotypes are simply true.
-Hondas. 12% of the cars sold here are Hondas but 70% in the fast lane are Hondas according to my calculations. Accords, Oddeys, Insights, Pilots, Rimjobs, Civics, everything..In the fast lane, slow. Even when they think they are going fast, they are slow.

-SUVs/Truck/anything that is towing something-There should be a law that they cannot be in the fast lane. They are slow, they block visibility and they have the reflexes of the guy **** Cheney shot in the face with the pellet gun. To make matters worse people towing their RV, trailer, another car, a boat, etc seem to think the fast lane is wider or something as they clog it up with not just their vehicle, but what they are towing.

-Priuses and other slowass hybrids--I already mentioned the Insight but by far the biggest offender of being in the fast lane and being a hybrid is the Prius, usually the older ones. I've defended them in the past and tried to overlook their idiocy but this weekend opened my eyes to some of these SMUG "I know whats better for me, you, the environment and the galaxy" ********.

Why the hell are you in the fast lane? Didn't you buy the thing for efficiency and trying to go 75 MPH in it isn't exactly running it at optimal efficiency. Don't pick and chose when Efficient is right!!!

So I was on the way and I am exceeding the speed limit in the fast lane. For the most part I was lucky and there wasn't too much traffic in the fast lane. My lights are on and anyone can easily look in their rear view mirror and see me coming except of course the 3 groups mentioned above who have the driving skills and aptitude of my big toe.

A Prius for no reason just juts into the fast lane and is pacing. I begin flashing my lights to let this guy know I am coming and coming fast....he stays and stays and finally decides to move over. His move to the fast lane was useless as he literally moved right back over to the same spot he was in. He never passed anyone...

As I drive by...this SOB bravely GIVES ME THE FINGER!! My first reaction was to stop but I had to go....I was stunned that I got a finger for driving fast, warning the guy with my flashing lights. This smug SOB should get a medal of honor for that.

That same day on another highway there is a Prius running seemingly in electric mode in the fast lane and as I drive around her in the slow lane as she is oblivious to flashing lights this old lady, maybe 50s, 60s gives me the finger. I mean its like a gotdamn middle finger Prius fest going on!! I was so stunned it didn't hit me until like 10 seconds later that I got another finger from another Prius driver.

This last story had my cousin and I perplexed. We are on the way to a meet and a beautiful black Maserati Quattroporte is passing us as we turn right. I comment how beautiful the car is and he agrees saying he loves Masers. We drive behind them, not in a rush or anything just cruising. There are two kids in the back, maybe 4/5 years old tops and they start waving at us. My cousin and I are a little puzzled and wave back "awwww cute kids".

WRONG WRONG WRONG

They then proceed to drop their window, stick their heads out and wave some more. Now we both thought this was odd, they looked like 2 little doggies trying to get some wind. We wave back, grinning "awwww, those kids are so nice".....

Then they take turns sticking their hands out the window giving us the gotdamn finger. We both were like "oh hell naw, wtf".

Well after various fingers from various people today I had enough.....so I pull up next to the Maser and the kids look scared crapless as it was a one lane road. They pull off to the next road and my cousin and I have a conversation about spoiled *** bad *** kids.

Eventful day!

Do you have a middle finger story?

Old 04-19-10, 07:54 AM
whoster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've used the middle finger once in my whole life while in the car.

And I wasn't even driving then.
Old 04-19-10, 08:02 AM
Corey140
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I normally don't pay or look into the next vehicle so I'm not sure if I have ever gotten the finger...

I do know, I gave the lady the finger a couple weeks ago because she had me so pissed. She was paying attention to her GPS and I assume it said go straight so she decided to get just get out of her lane even after me honking the horn on 20. She still came over into my lane until I had to slam on the brake and almost get rear ended @ 70mph because I was stuck...
Old 04-19-10, 08:17 AM
TEXASMAJOR
Lead Lap

i ROFL'd a lot reading your post
Old 04-19-10, 08:32 AM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Received 160 Likes on 112 Posts

Why you gots ta hate on honda's Mikey?

Not fair Seriously bro, I think I am one of the few Honda owners who DOESN'T drive like a MorHan. Probably because I cant. I have 110hp @ the wheels IF I am lucky.

But I do get 40mpg@ 75mph consistenly

But see, this is why I like my tint. Even in the blinding sunny days in texas, I could flip somone off, and they would never know. 5% tint FTW!
Old 04-19-10, 08:58 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
This also allows for less stress as I don't need to drive like Jeff Gordan to wherever I am going.
Driving like Jeff Gordon, who is generally a decent and clean driver, is one thing. Driving like Tony Stewart is quite another.

-SUVs/Truck/anything that is towing something-There should be a law that they cannot be in the fast lane.
In many places, there IS. You often see highway signs saying: "Truckers and slower vehicles keep to the right)

Well after various fingers from various people today I had enough
Unfortunately, Mike, the whole world doesn't operate according to the high standards we set here (and enforce) in CL posting rules.....nor that of the average church service. Unkindness and arrogance, from some people, is simply a fact of life.

Last edited by mmarshall; 04-19-10 at 09:07 AM.
Old 04-19-10, 09:03 AM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

Given the middle finger once and it was in a driving situation. the guy actually came out of his car to confront me and punched my window twice. Of course I did not exit the vehicle. I had reached the end of my teather that day but I regret it now.
Old 04-19-10, 09:51 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

if you're getting the one-finger salute from drivers of hybrid vehicles, doesn't that technically mean you're getting only half of a one-finger salute?

after all, those hybrid vehicles are only half of a real car...

Old 04-19-10, 10:05 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by RXSF
Given the middle finger once and it was in a driving situation. the guy actually came out of his car to confront me and punched my window twice.
That guy certainly had guts. How did he know that you didn't have something in your car that would take his head right off? You don't know what some people can have in their glove box or under the seats.

Police know that, too, when they stop people....that's why they sometimes call for back-ups.
Old 04-19-10, 10:40 AM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Mike you would hate me then LOL. I consider myself a more 'relaxed' driver and tend to put cruise on the speed limit. I always see folks flying by at 75mph and think to myself, why in such a damn hurry. So just to spite people, I'll hog the left lane at times and folks will sit on my ***. In this case, I do 1 of 2 things. I'll either remain at my speed drawing it out. Or brake check them . I've had quite a few angry faces and middle fingers thrown at me. One fellah even waited till he got off at his exit to throw the middle finger at me, guess he didn't want me following him.

At the end of the day, after all these altercations, I just smile and wave back at those individuals. Call it ignorant bliss .
Old 04-19-10, 10:44 AM
Infra
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Jewcano
Mike you would hate me then LOL. I consider myself a more 'relaxed' driver and tend to put cruise on the speed limit. I always see folks flying by at 75mph and think to myself, why in such a damn hurry. So just to spite people, I'll hog the left lane at times and folks will sit on my ***. In this case, I do 1 of 2 things. I'll either remain at my speed drawing it out. Or brake check them . I've had quite a few angry faces and middle fingers thrown at me. One fellah even waited till he got off at his exit to throw the middle finger at me, guess he didn't want me following him.

At the end of the day, after all these altercations, I just smile and wave back at those individuals. Call it ignorant bliss .
This type of behavior really bothers me. It's not up to you to decide for someone else how fast they should be travelling. It's just inconsideration and spite in it's purest form. You're obviously in no hurry, so just move over and let them pass.
Old 04-19-10, 10:47 AM
PhantomZX
Lead Lap

Not only that, it is illegal in many states (just very rarely enforced unfortunately).
Old 04-19-10, 10:52 AM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Infra
This type of behavior really bothers me. It's not up to you to decide for someone else how fast they should be travelling. It's just inconsideration and spite in it's purest form. You're obviously in no hurry, so just move over and let them pass.
Originally Posted by PhantomZX
Not only that, it is illegal in many states (just very rarely enforced unfortunately).
Both very true points. Again I don't do this everytime, most of the time I cruise in the right or middle lane. It just makes me wonder why everyones in such a damn rush. Heck even my dad drives faster than me, and when I ask, why is he in such a hurry, he says he's just following traffic.
Old 04-19-10, 11:01 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Flipping someone off is stupid and dangerous. You never know whom you are going to offend, and what they are capable off. It could be one of these guys

Old 04-19-10, 11:25 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

^^ looks like some 'roid rage up there, not so good physical specimens.

Quick Reply: 1SICKBLOG: The true medal of honor, the middle finger from another vehicle...