Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus Introduces 2010 IS 350C F-Sport Special Edition

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-10, 09:48 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts
Exclamation Lexus Introduces 2010 IS 350C F-Sport Special Edition

• Only 100 Units Will Be Produced
  • Features F-Sport Performance Accessories and Unique Grille
  • Interior with Numbered Badging and Blue Contrast Stitching

TORRANCE, Calif. (March. 8, 2010) – Lexus today announced the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $57,500 for the 2010 IS 350C F-Sport Special Edition which will arrive at dealerships later this month. The MSRP does not include a delivery, processing and handling fee of $875.

“The F-Sport Special Edition builds on the IS 350C and takes the fun of the convertible up another notch,” said Mark Templin, Lexus Division group vice president and general manager. “The F-Sport accessories on this car were precision engineered specifically for this vehicle, allowing us to provide sport-tuned performance without sacrificing ride quality.”

This 2010 IS 350C Special Edition was designed to engage driving enthusiasts with the performance and styling enhancements from the F-Sport accessories line. This IS 350C, only available in two colors, Tungsten Pearl or Obsidian, can be distinguished from other IS convertibles by the following F-Sport equipment:
  • Newly designed 19-inch forged alloy wheels with a wheel lock set and Michelin Pilot Sport 225/35ZR19 tires in the front and 255/35ZR19 tires in the rear;
  • Front and rear brake upgrade for a firmer pedal feel and enhanced fade resistance;
  • New and unique F-Sport grille not previously available;
  • Shock set developed in cooperation with Bilstein®;
  • Lowering springs that reduce the ride height approximately one-inch in the front and rear;
  • Sway bar set that helps reduce body roll and provide flatter cornering;
  • Embroidered floor mats with F-Sport logo;
  • Leather-wrapped shift **** with F-Sport logo;
  • And exterior badging and an individually numbered badge on the center console complete the uniqueness of this vehicle.

The IS 350C F-Sport Special Edition also comes with black leather-trimmed seats with sporty blue contrast stitching. Other Special Edition standard features include heated and ventilated front seats with wood trim; Bi-Xenon HID headlamps with Adaptive Front lighting System (AFS); headlamp washers; and Lexus Navigation. The hard disk drive (HDD) navigation system has a seven-inch VGA touch-screen, Bluetooth® phonebook download capabilities, a rear back-up camera, Voice Command casual-language voice recognition system, Lexus Enform, XM® NavTraffic, XM® NavWeather, and XM® Sports and Stocks. XM services include a complimentary 90-day trial subscription. It is also features the new telematics system Lexus Enform™ with Safety Connect™ (includes complimentary one-year trial subscription).

“The IS 350C F-Sport Special Edition is a unique package of style and excitement. With only 100 units available nationwide they’ll sell out fast to customers who want power, performance and a little more fun under the sun,” said Templin.

Credit: Lexus USA
Old 03-08-10, 09:55 AM
cino
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How many horsepower bump from the stock?
Old 03-08-10, 10:06 AM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

thats a lot of money....
Old 03-08-10, 10:10 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It's an enthusiasts' car. It'll sell to those who want the handling upgrades without the performance boost.

The car without the performance upgrades is about $50k (it has Nav and such included). For $7k more, the price is justifiable. Personally, I think most members here will love to do their own aftermarket upgrades for $7k.

However, the good thing about these upgrades is that all of it is covered under warranty, and tested and proven. Not a lot of aftermarket accessories can boast that advantage...
Old 03-08-10, 10:11 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

you can buy a regular IS350C and order F parts from Sewell and install them a lot cheaper.
Old 03-08-10, 10:15 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

I am just hoping they will have a better design for the next generation IS-C convertible, I am not even interested in looking at the current one regardless of what they do with it ...
Old 03-08-10, 10:39 AM
ST430
Pole Position

Received 120 Likes on 67 Posts

For this price, why not buy a real IS-F? /wtfbbq
Old 03-08-10, 10:39 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

My good friend Joaquin did a good write up on this. This is a bargain for what you get.

http://my.is/forums/f41/lexus-introd...dition-408346/

Originally Posted by jruhi4
A number of 2nd-generation Lexus IS fans in the U.S. may bemoan its lack of special editions such as the 2003 and 2004 IS 300 SportDesign and Japan's current IS 250 X-Edition, while others may complain that the F-Sport and Version F trim packages available in Europe, Japan and Canada haven't made their way to the States. Fortunately, Lexus has now addressed these complaints with the 2010 IS 350C F-Sport Special Edition of the carmaker's newest retractable-hardtop convertible. Inspired by the Obsidian (black) IS 350C pre-production prototype equipped with the full suite of F-Sport accessories that we sampled at the IS C Press Preview in Newport Beach, California, the IS 350C F-Sport Special Edition nevertheless features a couple of distinctive aesthetic touches of its own, namely a special F-Sport grille (presumably replacing the standard vertical upper grille bars with a zigzag mesh pattern reminiscent of the IS F and the F-Sport package IS sedans available in other markets, as shown at the bottom right of this article) and unique 19-inch forged alloy wheels with the 10-spoke snowflake pattern first seen at the 2009 SEMA Show on the Vibrance Orange Glow Kandy IS 350C F-Sport by TRD (shown at the top of this story). Unfortunately, that burnt orange color is not available on the IS 350C F-Sport Special Edition. In quasi-Henry Ford fashion, you can have any exterior color as long as it's Obsidian (black) or Tungsten Pearl (silver).

Step inside and you'll find black leather-trimmed seats with sporty blue contrast stitching, as well as floor mats and leather-wrapped shift **** adorned with the F-Sport logo. Other Special Edition standard features include heated and ventilated front seats with wood trim; Bi-Xenon HID headlamps with Adaptive Front lighting System; headlamp washers; and Lexus Navigation, which includes a hard disk drive (HDD), Bluetooth, a rear back-up camera, Voice Command casual-language voice recognition system, XM satellite radio services (including a complimentary 90-day trial subscription) and Lexus Enform with Safety Connect telematics system (including a complimentary one-year trial subscription).

Lest you think this is merely a trim-and-badge package, fear not, for the F-Sport name is justified by far more than floor mats and a shift ****. Also included are F-Sport upgraded front and rear brakes, Bilstein shock absorbers, lowering springs that reduce the ride height approximately 1" front and rear, and sway bar set right out of the F-Sport accessories catalog, but already pre-installed and included in the vehicle price. Said Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price, by the way, is $57,500, plus a delivery, processing and handling fee of $875. This is actually more of a bargain than it appears at first glance, since the sum of the IS 350C base MSRP of $44,890, plus the Navigation and Luxury Packages included in this Special Edition plus the F-Sport accessories listed above is $59,925, excluding the Michelin Pilot Sport 225/35ZR19 front tires and 255/35ZR19 rear tires you'd have to get on your own and the installation of said F-Sport accessories you'd have to otherwise deal with. We recommend you hurry if you're seriously interested, though, for Lexus is only making 100 of them for the United States (and, yes, the requisite exterior badging and individually numbered badge on the center console are included). As Mark Templin, Lexus Division group vice president and general manager reminds us in a Press Release in the Lexus USA Newsroom, “The IS 350C F-Sport Special Edition is a unique package of style and excitement. With only 100 units available nationwide they’ll sell out fast to customers who want power, performance and a little more fun under the sun.”

Our thanks to Allison Takahashi of Lexus Public Relations for bringing this story to our attention.
Old 03-08-10, 10:40 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

^some people want a 2 door vert
Old 03-08-10, 10:41 AM
LexFather

Considering C&D just did a comparo and a 210hp I-4 softop Audi A4/5 convertible was $62,000 this special edition looks like a BARGAIN.

Old 03-08-10, 10:42 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by flipside909
  • Only 100 Units Will Be Produced
  • Features F-Sport Performance Accessories and Unique Grille
  • Interior with Numbered Badging and Blue Contrast Stitching

TORRANCE, Calif. (March. 8, 2010) – Lexus today announced the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $57,500 for the 2010 IS 350C F-Sport Special Edition which will arrive at dealerships later this month. The MSRP does not include a delivery, processing and handling fee of $875.

“The F-Sport Special Edition builds on the IS 350C and takes the fun of the convertible up another notch,” said Mark Templin, Lexus Division group vice president and general manager. “The F-Sport accessories on this car were precision engineered specifically for this vehicle, allowing us to provide sport-tuned performance without sacrificing ride quality.”

This 2010 IS 350C Special Edition was designed to engage driving enthusiasts with the performance and styling enhancements from the F-Sport accessories line. This IS 350C, only available in two colors, Tungsten Pearl or Obsidian, can be distinguished from other IS convertibles by the following F-Sport equipment:
  • Newly designed 19-inch forged alloy wheels with a wheel lock set and Michelin Pilot Sport 225/35ZR19 tires in the front and 255/35ZR19 tires in the rear;
  • Front and rear brake upgrade for a firmer pedal feel and enhanced fade resistance;
  • New and unique F-Sport grille not previously available;
  • Shock set developed in cooperation with Bilstein®;
  • Lowering springs that reduce the ride height approximately one-inch in the front and rear;
  • Sway bar set that helps reduce body roll and provide flatter cornering;
  • Embroidered floor mats with F-Sport logo;
  • Leather-wrapped shift **** with F-Sport logo;
  • And exterior badging and an individually numbered badge on the center console complete the uniqueness of this vehicle.

The IS 350C F-Sport Special Edition also comes with black leather-trimmed seats with sporty blue contrast stitching. Other Special Edition standard features include heated and ventilated front seats with wood trim; Bi-Xenon HID headlamps with Adaptive Front lighting System (AFS); headlamp washers; and Lexus Navigation. The hard disk drive (HDD) navigation system has a seven-inch VGA touch-screen, Bluetooth® phonebook download capabilities, a rear back-up camera, Voice Command casual-language voice recognition system, Lexus Enform, XM® NavTraffic, XM® NavWeather, and XM® Sports and Stocks. XM services include a complimentary 90-day trial subscription. It is also features the new telematics system Lexus Enform™ with Safety Connect™ (includes complimentary one-year trial subscription).

“The IS 350C F-Sport Special Edition is a unique package of style and excitement. With only 100 units available nationwide they’ll sell out fast to customers who want power, performance and a little more fun under the sun,” said Templin.

Credit: Lexus USA
Very nice to see a special edition, I'm waiting for pics!

Old 03-08-10, 11:13 AM
TorontoIS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Photos would certainly be appreciated of both the interior and exterior.
Old 03-08-10, 04:55 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

57K??? Kind of steep. I like the limited edition aspect but I think I would just buy an ISF
Old 03-08-10, 06:03 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

i think this was basically the setup i drove at the lexus event in homestead FL, and it was more fun to drive than the IS-F! the IS-F is hot V8 fast, but the IS350C with f-sport goodies feels much more balanced (it is) and yes, fun to drive.

i will say i didn't care for the f-sport exhaust sound though. sounded more like a tricked out civic at WOT.
Old 03-08-10, 06:11 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
It's an enthusiasts' car. It'll sell to those who want the handling upgrades without the performance boost.

The car without the performance upgrades is about $50k (it has Nav and such included). For $7k more, the price is justifiable. Personally, I think most members here will love to do their own aftermarket upgrades for $7k.

However, the good thing about these upgrades is that all of it is covered under warranty, and tested and proven. Not a lot of aftermarket accessories can boast that advantage...
Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Considering C&D just did a comparo and a 210hp I-4 softop Audi A4/5 convertible was $62,000 this special edition looks like a BARGAIN.
Originally Posted by bitkahuna
i think this was basically the setup i drove at the lexus event in homestead FL, and it was more fun to drive than the IS-F! the IS-F is hot V8 fast, but the IS350C with f-sport goodies feels much more balanced (it is) and yes, fun to drive.

i will say i didn't care for the f-sport exhaust sound though. sounded more like a tricked out civic at WOT.
Granted, granted and granted. Maybe the issue is that this car costs over $50K in the first place? Not a knock at the IS at all, rather a knock that the whole God damned segment is overpriced.

Quick Reply: Lexus Introduces 2010 IS 350C F-Sport Special Edition