Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Infiniti Prices on All-New 2011 M

Old 02-03-10, 05:22 AM
(Cj)
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Infiniti Prices on All-New 2011 M

Infiniti Releases U.S. Pricing on All-New 2011 M Sedan Six Weeks Ahead of Launch

Greatly Enhanced Content, Special Introductory Lease Programs and Early Order Availability Expected to Build Momentum Toward March On-Sale

FRANKLIN, Tenn. (Feb. 3, 2010) – In response to strong consumer interest, Infiniti released pricing for the all-new 2011 Infiniti M performance luxury sedan more than a month ahead of its scheduled March 18th launch. Along with the next-generation M's greatly enhanced style, performance, luxury, craftsmanship and technology, the newly designated M37 and M56 models will debut with special lease offers designed to reward early buyers of popularly equipped Infiniti M models.

"We want to take advantage of the high levels of customer interest in this completely redesigned Infiniti M, kick-starting the launch with select lease offers and high-value content-to-price MSRPs," said Ben Poore, vice president, Infiniti Business Unit. "In addition, we'll bring attention to the story behind the new M's inspired design and performance with a new, comprehensive marketing campaign that begins during the NCAA (National Collegiate Athletic Association) Basketball Championship."

Prices for the 2011 Infiniti M37 start at a Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP)* of $46,250 USD for the M37 rear-wheel drive and $48,400 USD for the M37x all-wheel drive. These prices are just $450 more the 2010 M35 and M35x, despite added content and features including:
All new exterior design providing sportier, more aggressive overall proportions
330-horsepower 3.7L V6 with VVEL technology which generates more power with better fuel economy than the 3.5L V6 it replaces
Infiniti Drive Mode Selector
Power-folding side view mirrors
Front door handle courtesy lights
Active Noise Control
RearView Monitor
Enhanced Intelligent Key memory (now includes audio, navigation and climate control settings)

The MSRPs for the 2011 Infiniti M56 start at $57,550 USD for the M56 rear-wheel drive and $60,050 USD for the M56x with Infiniti Intelligent All-Wheel Drive. Like the M37, the new M56 includes extensive additional content, starting with the $3,350 MSRP Premium Package's advanced technology features as standard equipment:
Infiniti Hard Drive Navigation with 8-inch VGA color touch screen,
Bose® 2-channel 10-speaker premium audio system
9.3GB Music Box® hard drive
Streaming Audio via Bluetooth®
Climate controlled front seats
Heated steering wheel

Other added content for the 2011 Infiniti M56 and M56x includes:
All new exterior design providing sportier, more aggressive overall proportions
All-new 420-horsepower 5.6L V8 with VVEL and DIG (Direct Injection Gasoline™) technology – generating 95 more HP than previous model as well as better fuel economy
Infiniti Drive Mode Selector
Power-folding side view mirrors
Front door handle courtesy lights
Active Noise Control
Rearview monitor now standard
Enhanced Intelligent Key memory (now includes audio, navigation and climate control settings)

New Technologies

The 2011 M also offers a wide array of impressive new available features and technology. These include:
Blind Spot Warning (BSW) and the industry's first Blind Spot Intervention™ (BSI) System (available as part of the Technology package)
Forest Air™ system - the most advanced climate control system ever developed by Infiniti (available as part of the Deluxe Touring and Sport Touring packages)
Active Noise Control (standard) generates sound waves which help to reduce undesirable low-frequency engine sounds in the cabin
Infiniti Drive Mode Selector (standard) – four selectable modes (Eco, Standard, Sport Snow) adjust throttle sensitivity and transmission shift points to optimize performance
Enhanced Intelligent Key Memory (standard) – now includes memory function for audio, navigation and climate control settings, in addition to seat, steering wheel and side view mirror
Enhanced Navigation System – now includes XM NavWeather™ with Real-Time weather and 3-day forecast and Zagat® Restaurant Guide (available as part of the Premium package)

"The all-new M represents the kind of inspired design, performance, technology and craftsmanship that luxury buyers are asking for," said Poore. "Along with our other great vehicles, the 2011 M puts Infiniti right in the sweet spot of today's performance luxury market."

HTML Code:
M37	M37x	M56	M56x
$45,800	$47,950	$52,150	$54,650
$46,250	$48,400	$57,550	$60,050
+$450	+$450	+$5,400	+$5,400
330 hp (+27)
270 lb-ft (+8)

420 hp (+95)
417 lb-ft (+81)

New Features	
7AT w/Infiniti Drive Mode Selector
Courtesy lamps in front door handles
Power folding outside mirrors
Enhanced Intelligent Key memory
Bi-Xenon Headlights (vs. Xenon)
RearView Monitor
Active Noise Control
USB port for iPod®
RearView Monitor
Active Noise Control
USB port for iPod®
Premium Pkg. content standard ($3,350 MSRP)
RearView Monitor
Active Noise Control
USB port for iPod®
Premium Pkg. content standard ($3,350 MSRP)
RearView Monitor
Active Noise Control
USB port for iPod®

Last edited by (Cj); 02-03-10 at 05:25 AM.
Old 02-03-10, 06:20 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Wow, Infiniti is starting to get a bit pricey. M37 base price is higher than a base GS, and M56 MSRP is 3.5K higher than GS460! M37 MSRP also higher than 528i MSRP. Only E350 has a higher base MSRP.

M56 base price is higher than even E550, but lower than 550i.

Combined with the lackluster styling, I think Infiniti will have trouble selling this new M model.

Benz reduced prices by a lot on their new E Class, while Infiniti increased their prices by quite a bit!

This segment is only getting more competitive, and a brand with Infiniti's reputation I don't think has the luxury to increase prices that much (M56 increase) and stay competitive.
Old 02-03-10, 06:41 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

The prices seem on target for the M37 model but the M56 is alittle pricey like TRD mentioned.. I don't recall what the previous years of the M45 cost but 60k seems a little high IMO.. I guess i can expect this from a MB or Lexus LS but not infiniti.. This puts infiniti in the higher class bracket to compete with the two cars i just mentioned.. Way to go infiniti
Old 02-03-10, 06:45 AM
LexFather

They have lost their rabbit *** minds with pricing, though they will offer lease deals not even BMW can match.

Is it the yen? They simply cannot command those prices.

I was shocked to see the FX50 start around the same price and it is not selling.

in talks with a local dealer to have some local people an myself check it out for a future review

Last edited by LexFather; 02-03-10 at 09:37 AM.

Old 02-03-10, 06:48 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by tmf2004
The prices seem on target for the M37 model but the M56 is alittle pricey like TRD mentioned.. I don't recall what the previous years of the M45 cost but 60k seems a little high IMO.. I guess i can expect this from a MB or Lexus LS but not infiniti.. This puts infiniti in the higher class bracket to compete with the two cars i just mentioned.. Way to go infiniti
From the chart above, the price from the M45 to the M56 has increased $5400 USD! A really big price increase if you ask me. At least they managed to have a small increase for the M37, but it's still rather pricey for the M37.

I really think they may have priced themselves out of the market, specifically the M56. Lease deals are the only thing that could help, or big discounts off MSRP.
Old 02-03-10, 07:43 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Cars are getting generally more expensive nowadays. Not a shock really.
Old 02-03-10, 07:46 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If the M costs this much, I wonder how much the new 4GS will cost when it debuts later this year...
Old 02-03-10, 08:03 AM
(Cj)
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
From the chart above, the price from the M45 to the M56 has increased $5400 USD! A really big price increase if you ask me. At least they managed to have a small increase for the M37, but it's still rather pricey for the M37.

I really think they may have priced themselves out of the market, specifically the M56. Lease deals are the only thing that could help, or big discounts off MSRP.
That's what I'm thinking. Like Acura, I think Infiniti will have a hard time selling anything over $50K and now they have just priced the M at $60K. I honestly don't know who would buy this over a 400hp 5 series, or even a base SWB LS.
Old 02-03-10, 08:05 AM
(Cj)
Lexus Test Driver

And a Side note: Once the FWD ES/TL competitor comes out, I don't see much of a future for the new more expensive M. It's sales will probably be extremely poor like the Acura RL.
Old 02-03-10, 08:33 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure how this will affect the car. Every Infiniti's success has largely been hinged on value, and they just threw that part of the equation out the door.
Old 02-03-10, 08:39 AM
LexFather

I agree, Acura and Infiniti have simply not positioned themselves as a BRAND to command the prices they are asking in the ZDX, RL, FX50 and now this M. I was hoping Infiniti would somehow continue with a very aggressive MSRP to penetrate the market (any sales goal announcements?).

Looking at the Jag XF All models are V-8s
XF with base V-8-52k
XF premium with higher level V-8-57k (portfolio 61k)
XF supercharged 68k for reference.

Also I don't think BMW has priced the 5 series yet.

E-350-$48,600
E-550-$56,300 (true it will offer much less standard features)

Very anxious to see what Lexus offers with the next GS....

With this car though it is VERY possible Infiniti passes Acura in sales in 2010. Acura's only release is the ZDX.

Old 02-03-10, 08:44 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
If the M costs this much, I wonder how much the new 4GS will cost when it debuts later this year...
I would expect the 4GS to remain roughly the same, or maybe have a base price increase of 1-2K max.

Originally Posted by (Cj)
That's what I'm thinking. Like Acura, I think Infiniti will have a hard time selling anything over $50K and now they have just priced the M at $60K. I honestly don't know who would buy this over a 400hp 5 series, or even a base SWB LS.
Not only that; for 60K a lot of people will choose a nicely loaded E550. The fact that a new 5 Series is right around the corner does not help Infiniti either. Plus a new GS should be here next year or 2012.

Originally Posted by (Cj)
And a Side note: Once the FWD ES/TL competitor comes out, I don't see much of a future for the new more expensive M. It's sales will probably be extremely poor like the Acura RL.
The fact that it looks a lot like a Nissan and an Infiniti G does not help the M either.

I think sales might initially be decent, but will drop off and stay around the 1K/month mark roughly, or maybe even drop below that.

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I agree, Acura and Infiniti have simply not positioned themselves as a BRAND to command the prices they are asking in the ZDX, RL, FX50 and now this M. I was hoping Infiniti would somehow continue with a very aggressive MSRP to penetrate the market (any sales goal announcements?).

Looking at the Jag XF All models are V-8s
XF with base V-8-52k
XF premium with higher level V-8-57k (portfolio 61k)
XF supercharged 68k for reference.

Also I don't think BMW has priced the 5 series yet.

E-350-$48,600
E-550-$56,300 (true it will offer much less standard features)

Very anxious to see what Lexus offers with the next GS....

With this car though it is VERY possible Infiniti passes Acura in sales in 2010. Acura's only release is the ZDX.
I think there's a reason there are no sales goals mentioned yet; they might be too worried about the model to even give a sales goal .

This whole situation is full of fail for both Acura and Infiniti.

If Audi, Lincoln, and Infiniti pass Acura in sales this year, that will be an utter disgrace for Acura.
Old 02-03-10, 08:46 AM
memasterac
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the prices are about right, considering the M56 is Infiniti's flagship sedan. How people will buy the vehicle or not based on price, performance, looks is another story.
Old 02-03-10, 08:52 AM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Infiniti's pricing is out of hand. LOL @ Mike's comment about them being out of their rabbit *** minds.

The 2011 pricing on the G37 6-speed manual is excessive. Huge price increase there.

They really do need to bring the G25 ASAP and price it REALISTICALLY ($30,995) to balance out their lineup.

I'm not saying the M is not totally worth it, just pricey. It honestly does appeal to me more than anything else in its class, but man would I stay up at night thinking about spending that kind of money on what is essentially an engorged G37.
Old 02-03-10, 08:54 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Considering that they do not have a Q-series anymore I am assuming the M56 is temporarily taking that position thus the 60k starting price. Reading the info it seems like the 56 comes equipped with tons more standard features than the 37.

With that said, it still is a high starting price, but probably inline with other V8 competitors with options.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Infiniti Prices on All-New 2011 M