Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Hyundai Dealer Will Not Honor Auction Deal

Old 01-20-10, 09:11 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Kentucky Hyundai Dealership Threatens To Sue eBay Buyer If He Doesn't Shut Up

Daniel Sanchez, the buyer at the center of the Glenn Hyundai eBay debacle, told Jalopnik he's been contacted by Glenn Hyundai and told to remove all mention of his buying experience from "the internet" or face legal action.

A refresher on what's transpired so far right here. We just got off the phone with Sanchez, an engineer working in Austin, Texas, and he informed us a lawyer from the dealership where he thought he'd purchased a used Genesis coupe phoned him and asked him to remove all references to Glenn Hyundai from the GenCoupe forum and to stop calling the local news — something he says he hasn't done but another forum member may have. If not, Sanchez was told, there would be legal action.

Sanchez, for his part, isn't backing down because he claims he's put nothing false on the Internet about what happened, including the claim that the dealership offered him a Turkey if he dropped the matter.

Following up on our theory that there may have accidentally been a "Buy It Now" price, Sanchez is claiming when he saw it "There was no 'Buy It Now.'"

At the moment eBay is looking into the matter for us, but until then Sanchez is still hoping this can be amicably resolved, telling us:

"If they want to put things right and make a better view to the public, I don't want to go after them with lawsuits, it's hardly worth it. But it's the principle of the thing."
http://jalopnik.com/5453217/kentucky...doesnt-shut-up
Old 01-20-10, 10:19 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I cant believe how bad this makes this dealership look. In the end its a pathetic 5k loss on a car so they can stay away from negative press.
Old 01-21-10, 06:05 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,095 Likes on 1,358 Posts

sounds like he still doesn't have a deal as of this morning.

http://www.gencoupe.com/224400-post395.html
Old 01-21-10, 06:47 AM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hyundai's on the rise, doesn't need bad press... sad
Old 01-21-10, 06:52 AM
LexFather

I like the Gen coupe too, a lot. Looks great in person. However I was at Ruby Tuesday the other day and a red one was parked in front and took up two spots, half of it was the handicap spot...sigh....

Wanted to give the guy a reality check, it is NOT a Bentley buddy......but decided to just go to the all u can eat salad bar

New age douches......I tell u

Old 01-21-10, 06:54 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 564 Likes on 386 Posts

The powers of the internet
Old 01-21-10, 07:11 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

The seller was stupid, he should have put a reverse price on the car.
Old 01-21-10, 07:21 AM
oldcajun
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

I must have missed something in the story. Why all the comments about Hyundai? This is just a car dealer selling a used car on eBay. Hyundai Corporation is not involved.
Steve
Old 01-21-10, 07:23 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 564 Likes on 386 Posts

Bad publicity for the dealer will rub off on the manufacturer. It happens to all brands.
Old 01-21-10, 07:34 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by oldcajun
I must have missed something in the story. Why all the comments about Hyundai? This is just a car dealer selling a used car on eBay. Hyundai Corporation is not involved.
Steve
A dealership is part of the buying and servicing experience. If buying a Hyundai means that one have to deal with crappy dealers, then some buyers will move onto other brands with better dealerships. I must admit, all the Hyundai dealers in my area are as bad as the Mitsubishi dealers, they are among the worst.
Old 01-21-10, 07:39 AM
LexFather

I'm with oldcajun actually. The dealership employees are the problem, not Hyundai. Hyundai didn't make the deal, the dealership did. Of course Hyundai gets the bad press.

Thus Hyundai saying "they hope a resolution can be met".

Old 01-21-10, 08:34 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

This is why this country is in dire need of a law dictating that the loosing party is to pay legal fees of both parties in lawsuits.

This guy should just post this information in as many internet forums as possible, to drive potential customers away from that dealer, and not bother with them trying to make a deal.
Old 01-21-10, 08:40 AM
joe80
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

agreed.

I would not deal with shady dealers. I would rather see them suffer.
Old 01-21-10, 08:40 AM
SC_coupe
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 27 Posts

Wait, so now the dealer is threatening to sue the buyer? Wow, Only in the land of lawsuits.
Old 01-21-10, 01:05 PM
Infra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AdrianXT
We sure did. And if it goes anything like that I'm sure a lawyer will volunteer his time just to get the media exposure of taking on Hyundai, and Hyundai will eventually cave.

"This will not end well"...for Hyundai.

Hope this stupid, slimy dealer does what is right, whether he is forced to or whether he has a sudden attack of conscience.
Please don't confuse Hyundai with a Hyundai dealership... two separately owned companies that happen to do business together.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hyundai Dealer Will Not Honor Auction Deal