Old 01-19-10, 02:04 PM   #1
St00k
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)

Default MINI Countryman Crossover

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...-of-debut.html

Click the image to open in full size.

Quote:
Ahead of its expected debut at the Geneva Auto Show in March, these photos of MINIís first crossover have leaked onto the net. With an undeniable MINI look, the photos also show the ALL4 badge, indicating MINIís new AWD system Ė a first for the brand.

Show in concept form at the Paris Auto Show in 2008, MINI recently displayed the Beachcomber Concept at the Detroit Auto Show, which used the same platform as the Countryman and gave a real look at the production modelís size.

MINI has promised sporty driving dynamics as well as comfortable seating for four. As for the interior, the latest MINI model keeps true to the MINI roots with centrally-mounted speedometer and plenty of toggle switches. Along with the Countryman, MINI has announced that the Coupe and Convertible concepts will see production in the near future.

We expect MINI to announce official details in the coming weeks and weíll be sure to bring you full coverage from the Geneva Auto Show starting March 2nd.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
St00k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-10, 02:27 PM   #2
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

I think it's cool. Nice addition to the MINI brand.

I would be very interested if it comes to the US with a diesel. I love that MINI allows so much customization during the build/spec process.

It would be a great DD here in SC...
SecPole14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-10, 07:04 PM   #3
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Send a message via AIM to GFerg

I seriously love the awkwardness of this Mini. I think its pretty damn cool! To bad it will probably cost 35-40K.

VP of TLN (#23)
GFerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-10, 07:13 PM   #4
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

I don't get it? Seriously.

What's the point of a vehicle this size with no utility? This crossover thing is getting out of hand.

2011 750 Li Xdrive Alpine White
2010 X5 35d Space Grey

2008 ISF SGM (Gone but never forgotten!)
2005 RX330 Flint Mica (Gone but not forgotten!)
CDNROCKIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-10, 08:37 AM   #5
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

I'm a bit skeptical about this thing, I'm predicting so-so sales. I need to see it in the flesh.
Old 08-27-10, 08:59 AM   #6
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant
Trader Score: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES View Post
I don't get it? Seriously.

What's the point of a vehicle this size with no utility? This crossover thing is getting out of hand.
For most drivers, the crossover thing is more than enough for everyday functions. I doubt that people who need serious utility will even take a second glance at this.

The point: offer AWD (which Mini has never offered) for certain regions, give it more passenger and cargo room, give it two rear doors, and tap into a market that Mini has not tapped into.

Lexus (you know...), Ducati Multistrada 1200, Harley Davidson Muscle Rod
PhilipMSPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-10, 10:25 AM   #7
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

The most successful crossovers in the American market have a considerable amount of room and utility combined with optional AWD (examples of top sellers include CRV, Highlander, Edge, Forrester), more than this Mini-thing.

Sure it's an upgrade in usefulness in the Mini linup, but is it enough to sell in significant quantities at this price point, TBD.
Old 08-27-10, 10:26 AM   #8
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

btw, are we getting the X1 in US and Canada (I saw the X1 in pic above)?
Old 04-16-14, 06:18 AM   #9
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (1)

Default 2015 MINI Countryman Comes to New York with Barely Noticeable Updates

Click here to view more photos

Quote:
If you can tell what has just changed on the 2015 MINI Countryman just by looking at the press shots, then you must surely be an avid fan of the British brand. Some four years after MINI presented its first ever model with four doors (not counting the tailgate), optional four-wheel drive and a length in excess of four meters (we're surprised they didn't call it theÖFourMan), the Countryman has been oh, so mildly updated.

Exterior tweaks amount to a revised structure of the hexagonal radiator grille with each version of the Countryman featuring some slight differences such as a pair of matte silver ribs on the Cooper, LED fog, parking and driving lights that are standard on the Cooper S and JCW and optional on the Cooper, and new lighter 17-inch alloy wheels.

Mini also added new metallic shades including the pictured Jungle Green, plus Midnight Grey and Starlight Blue, while the previously optional accent trims on the bumpers and side sills is now standard on ALL4 all-wheel drive models sans the JCW.

A new optional feature for 2015 is the Piano Black Exterior package shown on the press car here and which adds a high-gloss black finish on certain surfaces like the light surrounds, mirrors and roof rails.

Inside, MINI says it added sound-deadening material to optimize "acoustic comfort", while all trims now come with the same anthracite-colored dials for the engine speed and road speed display as the JCW, with other changes including chrome applications for the ventilation controls.

MINI didnít mention any mechanical changes for the North America-specification Countryman, but the firm's European release said that all 4-cylinder petrol and 4-cylinder diesel engines now comply to the upcoming EU6 emission standard and have reduced fuel consumption figures, with the Cooper S also gaining 7hp for a total of 187hp (190PS).

Sales of the 2015 Countryman will begin in the U.S. this summer, following the car's world premiere at the 2014 New York Auto Show.
http://www.carscoops.com/2014/04/201...-new-york.html
Vh_Supra26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-14, 06:18 AM