Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Spy Shots: Possible production version of Lexus LF-Ch

Old 01-19-10, 07:03 PM
JessePS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by (Cj)
Very true, but according to my.IS Toyota has filed patents for a CT400h, not sure what that means, or if a V6 in this thing will be available at launch, or if it will be available at all. Honestly we're still not even sure if this hatch will make it to North America...
It better or they should just sell it in Canada and forget the US market for a while. Like what MB did with the Smart Fortwo, sell in Canada for a good 2-3 years before selling to the US.
Old 01-19-10, 07:51 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by (Cj)
Very true, but according to my.IS Toyota has filed patents for a CT400h, not sure what that means, or if a V6 in this thing will be available at launch, or if it will be available at all. Honestly we're still not even sure if this hatch will make it to North America...
They tend to do that to 1) cover their bases but mostly to 2) throw off people like us who snoop around for trademarks. They often trademark several options and then pick one that is somewhere in between. For example, for the 3LX they trademarked LX 500, LX 550, LX 570, and LX 600. Clearly, we got LX 570. I am betting we will see CT 200h and a CT 300h...though I really wish there was going to be a gas-only model. A small V6 (2.5L?) or larger 4cylinder (2.7L with DI and valvematic) would be awesome with the 6MT
Old 01-19-10, 08:15 PM
LexFather

CT400h would be ****.....don't get me excited.

Old 01-19-10, 08:15 PM
(Cj)
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
They tend to do that to 1) cover their bases but mostly to 2) throw off people like us who snoop around for trademarks. They often trademark several options and then pick one that is somewhere in between. For example, for the 3LX they trademarked LX 500, LX 550, LX 570, and LX 600. Clearly, we got LX 570. I am betting we will see CT 200h and a CT 300h...though I really wish there was going to be a gas-only model. A small V6 (2.5L?) or larger 4cylinder (2.7L with DI and valvematic) would be awesome with the 6MT
Thanks for that info, that's great to know. You're probably right that a CT200 and CT300 are the most likely 2 variants.

A non-hybrid version is possible considering that Lexus asked if people wanted a hybrid, in last years survey. If most people could care less a regular gas I4 might be available.

Also in that survey Lexus asked if people liked the hatch design, so Lexus may be considering different body styles for this model at least for the US market.
Old 01-19-10, 08:20 PM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 117 Likes on 44 Posts

I hope they make this into 3rd gen is. I dont think the LF - CH names gonna stay.
Old 01-20-10, 01:41 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 102 Likes on 73 Posts

looks wide and with long wheelbase, small overhangs... nice.
Old 01-20-10, 03:24 AM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

I will reserve final opinion until production pictures are out but if they drastically changed the tail light, head light designs I will be mighty dissapointed.
Old 01-20-10, 03:31 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by G Star
I will reserve final opinion until production pictures are out but if they drastically changed the tail light, head light designs I will be mighty dissapointed.
those were concept lights, rest assured they are changed....
Old 01-20-10, 03:34 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I hope they keep the price point reasonable. It may fall on its face like the A3 if its not priced with its competitors. Not many people want to pay luxury prices for a hatch back. I think its awesome that they are producing so many attractive options in hybrid drivetrain
this car's primary market is not USA... i dont expect Lexus hatch to be cheaper than 1 series, let alone A3. I certainly hope it will not be... i would like it to be luxurious and not cheap.
Old 01-20-10, 03:36 AM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
this car's primary market is not USA... i dont expect Lexus hatch to be cheaper than 1 series, let alone A3. I certainly hope it will not be... i would like it to be luxurious and not cheap.
Then I'll have to say that the survey was misleading because it asked us if we liked the tail lights or headlights. Even if the survey stood as a mark for a minority factor in decision making, changing the design would invalidate the survey.
Old 01-20-10, 04:22 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Then I'll have to say that the survey was misleading because it asked us if we liked the tail lights or headlights. Even if the survey stood as a mark for a minority factor in decision making, changing the design would invalidate the survey.
good that you did not put the deposit then :-).
Old 01-20-10, 05:36 AM
(Cj)
Lexus Test Driver

looks wide and with long wheelbase, small overhangs... nice.
I agree, it's got a great stance

The point of the survey was to see if Americans like the hatchback design, not so that we could determine what the styling would look like.

Most of the questions (like what angle do you like, how would you describe the exterior, and thoughts about the 5 door design) were testing the waters for the hatchback design, not testing the waters for the headlight/taillight designs.
Old 01-20-10, 06:29 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Disagree. There were some rather pointed questions in that survey about what your favorite styling elements were, and I remember voting for the tail lights.

Taken from the survey:

4. Which aspect of the exterior design do you like most?
Headlamps

Front grille

Taillamps

Wheel design

Aggressive stance
Misleading? Maybe. Get your hopes up? Yes. Realistic that the car would have made it to the dealership looking THAT good? No.
Old 01-20-10, 06:56 AM
TorontoIS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

The overall shape and stance look good. I preferred the tail light design of the concept over what we can see of the production car. I hope they do make the front end still fresh and interesting.
Old 01-20-10, 07:01 AM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

I fully expect it to go on sale in the US. There simply isn't enough Lexus volume in Europe to justify its existence based solely on that.

Since this will likely be the least-expensive car in the Lexus range, they need numbers behind it. I would expect they'd like to move about 50,000...in which case they would most definitely NEED North American sales to hit that figure.

If they're smart, they'll price it on par with the 1 Series (128i), at least here in the US.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Spy Shots: Possible production version of Lexus LF-Ch