Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Spy Shots: Possible production version of Lexus LF-Ch

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-10, 10:59 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I hope they keep the price point reasonable. It may fall on its face like the A3 if its not priced with its competitors. Not many people want to pay luxury prices for a hatch back. I think its awesome that they are producing so many attractive options in hybrid drivetrain
Old 01-19-10, 11:05 AM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I hope they keep the price point reasonable. It may fall on its face like the A3 if its not priced with its competitors. Not many people want to pay luxury prices for a hatch back. I think its awesome that they are producing so many attractive options in hybrid drivetrain
Honestly, purely in terms of features and performance, I think (maybe even hope?) that it will be most similar to the Mazda3. As long as it's nicely equipped for $30K, it should be fine. Should start at about $28K and top out around $33K fully loaded.

I hope they offer it with a manual!
Old 01-19-10, 11:08 AM
OutCaster
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
Concepts are called LF because it stands for Lexus Future.

The LFA got away with keeping the name. The LFA used to be called Lexus Future Apex. Now, it stands for Lexus Fuji Apex.
ohh i see. yea i was hoping they'd at least keep the "LF" exclusive to the LFA cause when you start associating other cars that aren't as super as the LFA it kind of ruins the name in my opinion.
Old 01-19-10, 11:08 AM
(Cj)
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AdrianXT
Honestly, purely in terms of features and performance, I think (maybe even hope?) that it will be most similar to the Mazda3. As long as it's nicely equipped for $30K, it should be fine. Should start at about $28K and top out around $33K fully loaded.

I hope they offer it with a manual!
That price would make the most sense. I wonder if a full hybrid manual is even possible? But we may get paddle shifters or something with the CVT on this car since it's supposed to be "sporty".

We're still not sure if this car will be sold in America because of that very fact (Not many people want to pay luxury prices for a hatch back).
Old 01-19-10, 11:18 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by knihc2008
Again, wondering why it's so difficult to not stray from the concept version. The rear has been certifiably bored up.
I'm not sure what you're wondering, but it's clear Lexus has maintained a lot of the concept LF-Ch. A concept car is supposed to be wild and flashy.

As for the spy shot, I'm digging it. Look at the stance and wheel fitment. They look pretty good, especially for a Lexus in stock form.

Last edited by flipside909; 01-19-10 at 11:33 AM.
Old 01-19-10, 11:24 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

As long as it's nicely equipped for $30K, it should be fine. Should start at about $28K and top out around $33K fully loaded.
Lol, you guys are dreaming, those are Toyota RAV4 prices.
Old 01-19-10, 11:25 AM
LexFather

Well Audi has trouble selling most anything for one. Two I think Lexus realizes the hybrid powertrain is a selling point as you are right that luxury hatchbacks here are a very tough sell.

From what I'm seeing, it looks better. The first Mazda3 set the standard for how ~$25K (equipped) cars in this segment should look, and this looks like an evolution of that approach. It's looking relatively clean and classy, but sufficiently chiseled, substantial, and sporty.

I did not like the concept's looks at all, but love the "concept" (idea) itself. I had doubt as to whether or not Toyota could execute because they have violated my trust and expectations in a major way in recent years, but this looks promising...
The original Mazda 3 was fantastic!

Originally Posted by flipside909
I'm not sure what you're wondering, but it's clear Lexus has maintained a lot of the concept LF-Ch. A concept car is supposed to be wild and flashy.

As for the spy shot, I'm digging it. Look at the stance and wheel fitment. They look pretty good, especially for a Lexus in stock form.
It does look pretty true to concept....I wonder will it get Altezzas?

Old 01-19-10, 11:28 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

The A3 is Audi's best selling vehicle in 2009 globally.
Old 01-19-10, 11:30 AM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by The G Man
Lol, you guys are dreaming, those are Toyota RAV4 prices.

They're also BMW 1-Series prices, which is what this thing is competing with.

Why did you even bring up the RAV4? You might as well have compared the pricing to a platinum Rolex or something else completely unrelated.

Old 01-19-10, 11:36 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Looking at the comparison photos...the only noticable difference from the concept to the spy shot is the addition of a license plate pocket in the gate as well as the addition of gate mounted taillamp assemblies. The overall shape of the quarter mounted taillamps are still triangular. The obvious differences are the flashy wheels and paint scheme. The spy shot certainly retains much of the LF-Ch's conceptual lines. We'll have to wait and see what the remainder rear and of course the rest of the C Premium will look like.
Old 01-19-10, 11:42 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Old 01-19-10, 11:46 AM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

The most recent spy shot looks so artfully posed with that tarp to just give us a little tease, it makes me chuckle...

I suspect reveal in Geneva of production-spec, on sale in Japan and Europe in late 2010, on sale in the US spring 2011 as 2012 model?
Old 01-19-10, 12:45 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Am I blind? Everything we can see is different besides the wrap around glass. The taillamps are now one amorphous blob from the RX, not sharp and angular and interesting like the LF-Ch. The license plate pocket has moved up making the rear trunk look bland and normal and not sleek and bare like the concept. These two things have changed the entire graphic of the rear, if not the proportions. The concept LF-Ch rear looked interesting, new and fresh. The production looks like an RX, or a HS rear... bland and nothing new.
Old 01-19-10, 12:45 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

interesting, it's coming soon huh
Old 01-19-10, 12:52 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by The G Man
The A3 is Audi's best selling vehicle in 2009 globally.
really because I have only seen one on the road since released. There is a huge difference between the markets in the US and global markets. Hatch backs sell well outside the US

Quick Reply: Spy Shots: Possible production version of Lexus LF-Ch