Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Why Are (Many) Nissan Drivers So Bad?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-02, 04:24 PM
Iceman
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why Are (Many) Nissan Drivers So Bad?

Since I revealed myself to be a bigoted, generalizing schmuck in the Audi thread , I figured I would start this one up. It's sure to generate some controversy, since I know we have many current and former Nissan owners on this board. Anyway...

I have noticed that at least 50% of the time when someone on the road pisses me off (driving under the speed limit in the left lane, going really slowly to an intersection then running a yellow light so I get stuck, leaving their blinker on for miles, cutting me off without warning, choosing to wash their windshield right in front of me right after I've waxed my baby, almost hitting me without looking where they're going, basically anything that makes me think "What a jerk!") it turns out to be a Nissan. I have shared this theory with family members and friends, and invariably they laugh at first then come back a week or a month later with awe in their voices and say that I'm right.

I don't know what it is about Nissan vehicles (and Infiniti counts, too)--something about their design or marketing or whatever, but it attracts BAD DRIVERS. Now I'm not saying that all Nissan drivers are bad; of course not. But given the percentage of vehicles on the road that are Nissans, they account for a disproportionately high number of "driving jerks".

So I challenge you first to take note from now on when you're driving. Whenever you see behavior that makes you wonder how someone got a license, notice if they're driving a Nissan. Let's revisit this in a week or a month once you've had a chance to pay attention for a bit and we'll see if anyone agrees with me. Then I'd love to discuss any theories as to why Nissan just seems to attract bad drivers! :eek:
Old 05-15-02, 04:35 PM
MrIan
Lexus Test Driver

lol.....my family owns two infinitis, a Q45t and an I30t
Yea, my mom(q45t driver) drives wayyy too slow.
AND, my sis(i30t) drives recklessly.

So yea, maybe u are right....lol
I'll be watching those other nissan/infiniti drivers too
Old 05-15-02, 08:59 PM
futuregs
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

maxima drivers think their 220HP owns the road.
Old 05-16-02, 03:20 AM
splitfire
Lexus Test Driver

I don't know what it is about Nissan vehicles (and Infiniti counts, too)--something about their design or marketing or whatever, but it attracts BAD DRIVERS. Now I'm not saying that all Nissan drivers are bad; of course not. But given the percentage of vehicles on the road that are Nissans, they account for a disproportionately high number of "driving jerks".
i drive a NISSAN myself i think i'm alright, i hardly give anyone problems but other drivers do give me problems and most of the time they turn out to be ACURA owners.. it happen to me times that acura drivers slow down their car for no reason just to check out my NISSAN..and they will drive next to me ask dumb questions and say how awsome my nissan look.. some would drive like crazy just to look at my nissan..i hope they pay attention to the road so they don't crash their acura...well it happen to me almost everytime i drove my nissan.. can those acura drivers just leave me alone..i know they are jelous cause they drive a acura and i drive a NISSAN..what do you guys think?
Old 05-16-02, 03:27 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by splitfire

i drive a NISSAN myself i think i'm alright, i hardly give anyone problems but other drivers do give me problems and most of the time they turn out to be ACURA owners.. it happen to me times that acura drivers slow down their car for no reason just to check out my NISSAN..and they will drive next to me ask dumb questions and say how awsome my nissan look.. some would drive like crazy just to look at my nissan..i hope they pay attention to the road so they don't crash their acura...well it happen to me almost everytime i drove my nissan.. can those acura drivers just leave me alone..i know they are jelous cause they drive a acura and i drive a NISSAN..what do you guys think?
that's because you drive a weird Nissan

I'm sure I'll find everyone weird if I drive a weird Suzuki (Escudo Pikes Peak )

I find Acura drivers more annoying than Nissan drivers (Teg, TL, CL, heck even MDX!)
Old 05-16-02, 03:35 AM
splitfire
Lexus Test Driver

that's because you drive a weird Nissan
ya it look weird even it is stock couple Boxster owners offer me if i want to trade my NISSAN for PORSCHES + $$$ but i said nah.. its cool..wait till my other NISSAN coming out of the shop I should be able to keep up or smoke the 911TT in my modded NISSAN..

Last edited by splitfire; 05-16-02 at 03:36 AM.
Old 05-16-02, 03:49 AM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Hello! BMW drivers are the WORST! They are wreckless, rude, and think they own the road! Everyday, I see some BMW crackhead weaving through heavy traffic doing +90mph. And they'll cut you off just to get in a faster moving lane thinking they have the right to! And forget about getting pissed at a bimmer driver and letting them know about it. Even if they caused a ten car pile up, they'll be damn insulted if you give them a disapproving look. Even when you try to be nice and let one in ahead of you, they don't care. They'll toss you aside and cut off the next guy. Guy and girl bimmer drivers alike. This 740iL pissed me off so bad today and when I finally caught up to it, it was some dumb broad. And when I pulled beside her, she was all calm and unaware of her surroundings. She wasn't in a huge emergency rush somewhere, nor did she realize she almost caused an accident. This looked to be her NORMAL everyday driving style. Argh!!! Had to vent....
Old 05-16-02, 06:02 AM
LexFather

Back in the day, my mom reversed her Nissan Sentra into our Ford Taurus IN OUR DRIVEWAY!?!??:eek:

My friend in his 98 Altima just wrecked it.
On the other hand, my 2 Maxima buds (98 and 01) are pretty good drivers too me.
Don't have any Infiniti friends (weird) considering you can get a used one for the same amount as filling my tank up.

I dunno, but I'll look into this.

Old 05-16-02, 06:03 AM
Lexusfanatic
Rookie

I think BMW comment deserves a whole new thread... Just a thought.
Old 05-16-02, 06:04 AM
awj
Bluegr*** Performance

I live in a more underpriveleged part of our wonderful nation so I can not relate here. When I was growing up in Chicago land, there were plenty of upscale cars, I noticed the most problems were caused by the elderly or the inattentive - like those on cell phones.

Out here in KY - it is usually a big beat up old pick up sending a screen of black or white smoke to the sky and blinding traffic behind. Then there are the drivers taking a southernly pace - eerrghh. It is not specific to brands - around here. You can usually get a good estimate of a persons ability to reason and react - basically pay attention by the way they drive. It is not the ultimate gauge of intelligence but it can be handy.

I will never let my girl drive the lexus.
Old 05-16-02, 12:44 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

come to think of it......

ALL my nissan/infiniti driving friends/relatives have been involved in some sort of major or minor crash/accident! EVERY ONE OF THEM!
Old 05-16-02, 01:10 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by GlobeCLK

I'm sure I'll find everyone weird if I drive a weird Suzuki (Escudo Pikes Peak )

:eek: That thing is in Rallisport Challenge. I thought they made that thing just for the game. It reminds me of a bat. I haven't unlocked it yet, but I can't wait to drive it. The "wing" is straight from a Boeing 777.

BTW, I love your new sig. Gorgeous. Bad-*** ****.

Last edited by SecPole14; 05-16-02 at 01:11 PM.
Old 05-16-02, 01:37 PM
Toog4me
Lexus Champion

I think everyone w/ their high HP thinks they own the road ... whether they choose to do so safely or like a dumbass...

I hate 300zx owners who think they own the road though!!!! And esspecialy those 240sx people!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Toog4me; 05-16-02 at 01:38 PM.
Old 05-16-02, 05:34 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by splitfire

ya it look weird even it is stock couple Boxster owners offer me if i want to trade my NISSAN for PORSCHES + $$$ but i said nah.. its cool..wait till my other NISSAN coming out of the shop I should be able to keep up or smoke the 911TT in my modded NISSAN..
Yeah I'm sure some Boxter owners offered a trade on your Nissna

what do you got a 300zxTT? you won't be smoking any 911TTs in any Nissan except the 240sx with a really big turbo or SR20 swap and a big turbo on that... 300zxs will sit and spin... or break down before they get 60' out

there are lots of 300zx owners that think they are hot **** Toog4me... i used to be one; but then i road in an actual fast car; and my Z broke down all the time; burnt the transmission, etc

the only older nissans i would own would be a Z31 300zxT, and a 240sx with a SR20 swap... but i have noticed a lot of their owners think they are the fastest thing on the road... until they race a real car

truth be told; i've never had problems with nissan drivers... its been Acura and BMW drivers (especially OLD BMW drivers); confused thinking their 20year old bimmer is gonna turn heads or something lol
Old 05-16-02, 09:53 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

speaking of old Nissans......

The only old Nissan I would like to get is an old, OLD S30 Z, bored to 3.1 liter, tri-turbo, 620bhp :eek: top speed over 190mph.

Wangan Midnight is great Not as good as Initial D but certainly worth reading.

Quick Reply: Why Are (Many) Nissan Drivers So Bad?