Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Ferrari VS Lamborghini..... who is more "exotic"

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-09, 01:48 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I followed an orange Gallardo with orange wheels. The car was so loud and so over the top . It makes a ferarri 430 look conservative. The car was so bad *** a cop pulled up next to the Lambo at a light and started asking the driver questions. Own a Lambo and you will be an instant celebrity. Every single person in both directions of traffic that I saw while waiting at that light was starring at the Lambo. Bella Bella...ciao
Old 12-18-09, 02:02 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by ExTrEmE99
+1, If i were to choose between the two i'd choose ferrari. They are more exotic in my area imo... I see lambos everywhere.
lol yeah, if being rare is a criteria for exotic then man, here in newport beach nothing is exotic j/k

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I followed an orange Gallardo with orange wheels. The car was so loud and so over the top . It makes a ferarri 430 look conservative. The car was so bad *** a cop pulled up next to the Lambo at a light and started asking the driver questions. Own a Lambo and you will be an instant celebrity. Every single person in both directions of traffic that I saw while waiting at that light was starring at the Lambo. Bella Bella...ciao
in that case even driving a ferrari would be the same result. i have heard gallardo in person, it isn't any louder than a 430, unless there is exhaust (assume driving the same and not reving high).

talk about being rare, at the car and coffee meet i went last time, i think it's safe to say there were about the same number of lambo vs ferrari. but for sure i saw a lot more gallardo than 360/430
Old 12-18-09, 02:15 PM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maranello versus Sant'Agata... a timeless battle, really.

Ferrari acoustics are hard to beat. I have been around big Ferrari V8s since my childhood - my dad bought his first new Ferrari in the summer of 1992, and I remember that it was a 1993 348TS, which turned out to be one of the crappiest Ferrari ever built - and I can vouch for them on pure performance. I'm not saying Lamborghini sound horrible, but to me a finely tuned Ferrari engine just takes the cake!

As far as reliability goes, it shouldn't even be considered a factor. Someone willing to put more than $200,000 on a car isn't worried about how reliable it is going to be. A $15,000 clutch job every 10,000 miles no matter how smoothly you drive, $4000 worth of brakes every 6-8,000 miles... $500 oil changes every 3 months, regardless of usage, are common too. And that's in either make. If reliability is a factor for you, you should be shopping for sport compacts, not dream cars.

Aesthetics? Both manufacturers now make their cars on an assembly line of sorts. I visited the Maranello factory last summer and the cars are carried from station to station in cradles, down what is essentially an assembly line. As far as I know, in either make, the only thing that is custom-tailored is the interior. However, only Ferrari has a company-certified bodyman that paints and polishes your car from start to finish. I'll ask my cousin at Ferrari of Toronto if he has a copy of the checklist for the employment criteria. I will have to admit, however, that I find the Lamborghini designs a bit more avant-garde!

Now which one is more exotic? I'd have to say Lamborghini. I don't see a whole lot of them downtown, especially the higher-end Murcielago, but I tend to see a lot of F430 and 612 Scaglietti. I'll have to concur with previous statements... Performance? Ferrari. Presence? Lamborghini.

However, in either marque, you really do feel like a rock star driving it down the road, getting all those looks and stares!

Last edited by FisforFast; 12-18-09 at 02:19 PM.
Old 12-18-09, 03:18 PM
Blackberry
Driver School Candidate

In my mind Lambo is more exotic when it comes to design and exclusivity. Saying that, I still prefer the look of most Ferraris, especially the 612 Scaglietti.
Old 12-19-09, 05:06 AM
joe80
Lexus Test Driver

i lived in london and ferraris were very common. lambo was more exclusive than ferrari. i kinda get why clarkson got tired of ferrari because every rich blokes would drive either aston or ferrari, but not lambo.