Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

(TSW) Lumarai Wheels for Lexus launched at SEMA

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-09, 02:17 PM
Debonair
iModerate

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts
Default (TSW) Lumarai Wheels for Lexus launched at SEMA

Email I received from TSW:

Lumarai Wheels for Lexus launched at SEMA

http://www.lumaraiwheels.com/

Lumarai Wheels for Lexus is launched at SEMA, the premier automotive specialty products trade event in the world. Lumarai wheels are custom aftermarket wheels designed exclusively for Lexus vehicle applications.

Huntington Beach, CA (Vocus/PRWEB ) November 24, 2009 -- Lumarai wheels, custom wheels designed exclusively for Lexus vehicles is launched at SEMA. Embodying more than 20 years of design experience, this exclusive wheel brand fills a void in the Lexus wheels aftermarket. "After market Lexus wheels that fit correctly on a Lexus is a rarity. Lumarai wheels were created to fill that void", says Terence Scheckter, President of Lumarai wheels, "Our focus is on designing wheels that fit Lexus vehicles perfectly".

"After market Lexus wheels that fit correctly on a Lexus is a rarity. Lumarai wheels were created to fill that void "

"Our focus is on designing wheels that fit Lexus vehicles perfectly "

"The wheel configurator is a great on-line tool to test fit Lumarai wheels onto Lexus vehicles. "

"We strive to offer the perfect fit for your Lexus vehcle "

There are several very good technical reasons why Lexus requires a wheel made to fit only Lexus vehicles:
- Lexus wheels use flat seat nuts. There are almost zero aftermarket wheel brands that work with flat seat wheel nuts. That is, nearly every aftermarket wheel in the world uses 60 degree taper nuts. Lumarai wheels use flat seat nuts.
- Lexus vehicles have a precise and sometimes sensitive suspension making it extremely important that any wheel you put on your Lexus is hub-centric. Lumarai wheels are engineered to be perfectly hub-centric on Lexus vehicles to ensure a smooth vibration free ride
- Lexus wheels use air sensors. The Lumarai wheels are designed around the Lexus air sensor to ensure that OE Lexus air sensors will work on Lumarai wheels.
- Many Lexus owners like to put the OE Lexus emblem on their wheels. Lumarai wheels accept the OE Lexus wheel emblem.

Lumarai custom wheels for Lexus has designed the Morro wheel, a smooth five spoke alloy wheel, with a minor style groove cut down the center of the spoke. This wheel is available in a variety of staggered applications. Sizes are available in 17 inch,18 inch,19 inch, and 20 inch. Wheels are available in silver with a mirror cut face and lip, gloss black with a mirror cut lip and a beautiful full chrome.

Lumarai wheels has also developed a wheel configurator to enable users to visualize what Lumarai wheels look like on their Lexus LS, GS and IS vehicles. "The wheel configurator is a great on-line tool to test fit Lumarai wheels onto Lexus vehicles." says Terence Scheckter, President of Lumarai Wheels.

All wheels are built to Lumarai's strict manufacturing standards while maintaining the lightest possible weight, creating high performance wheels that fit perfectly. "We strive to offer the perfect fit for your Lexus vehcle", says Scheckter.

About Lumarai Wheels for Lexus: Legend has it that when Toyota created the Lexus brand they sent a group of executives to live in Laguna Beach, CA to immerse themselves in the California lifestyle and get an understanding of what the potential Lexus buyer might desire. So Lumarai Wheels chose a designer who lived in Laguna Beach, CA to design the first Lumarai wheel. They called the wheel the Morro, named after El Morro Beach, the first beach you see when driving south on Pacific Coast Highway and entering the town of Laguna Beach.

Prices of Lumarai wheels vary from $220 - $570 and are available now. For a dealer near you, call
1866-432-3615 or visit Lumarai Wheels on the web at http://www.lumaraiwheels.com/. Lumarai dealers are located throughout North America and worldwide
Old 11-24-09, 05:45 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

This is great news. It will have 3 pc fitment and ride quality but at a cast wheel price. TSW ROCKS. They have a brand now for Porsche, Range Rover, BMW, Corvette, Jaguar, and now for Lexus. Thats great news because they have been around for longer than 95% of wheel companies and have a great rep for quality wheels. Perfect offsets, fit oem TPMS sensors, available in chrome, and from a great company. Good news for all of us
Old 11-24-09, 06:33 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This sucks. I've always wished TSW had a Lexus line of wheels like they do for those other cars. I would have bought them even over my new 3 piece MC3 wheels. Oh well, too late. There's always next year. Maybe get something to change up every so often?
Old 11-24-09, 06:38 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

TSW also has specific brands for Mercedes and even smart cart
Old 11-24-09, 06:42 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not a bad looking wheel...
Old 11-24-09, 10:59 PM
Debonair
iModerate

This is a pretty nice looking wheel to start off with. The quality of my current TSW wheels is great. I would not hesitate to trade them out for a set of Lexus specific ones that don't require the hub-centric rings. Once they make a mesh set that is.
Old 11-25-09, 07:42 AM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

TSW!?
Are you kidding me? Not Rays, Work, Advan, BBS, OZ, Speedline, but TSW!? I guess at least it's drilled for the correct hub bore and lug centric...

"After market Lexus wheels that fit correctly on a Lexus is a rarity. Lumarai wheels were created to fill that void "
Old 11-25-09, 07:56 AM
LexFather

Yeah not feeling it....I mean hub centric is not some rare quality for wheels or anything....

Funny the GS on the configurator has a the chrome grill blacked out..

Old 11-25-09, 08:51 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think they will make money on this line of Lexus wheels, once they expand the wheel selection and fitments. So a good business decision selling into a significant and lucrative market (Lexus).

The concept is like their Mandrus wheel line exclusively for Mercedes, which has a reasonable selection to choose from.
Old 11-25-09, 09:06 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

These wheels look really good! I love the classic 5 spoke design..
Old 11-25-09, 10:55 AM
Debonair
iModerate

How many aftermarket wheel are made that do NOT require a separate hub-centric ring when used on a Lexus? (This is a real question, not being sarcastic)

Somewhere between none and few is what I suspect. I think they are filling a void.
Old 11-25-09, 10:59 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Debonair
How many aftermarket wheel are made that do NOT require a separate hub-centric ring when used on a Lexus? (This is a real question, not being sarcastic)

Somewhere between none and few is what I suspect. I think they are filling a void.
True regarding hubcentric wheels being rare for Lexus. But is it really an issue? (this is a real question, not being sarcastic)

For example I run MRR GT1's on my IS350 without hub centering rings, and with correct lugs, zero vibration, as smooth running as OEM wheels.

Last edited by IS-SV; 11-25-09 at 11:05 AM.
Old 11-25-09, 11:34 AM
Debonair
iModerate

Running wheels without a hub-centric ring is a issue. Most cars will get serious vibration from this. You seem to be the lucky exception. The 2GS is prone to vibration even with factory setups so aftermarket without the rings just magnifies this issue.

The use of factory lugs is neat too since many people with aftermarket wheels forget to keep the proper tools for the aftermarket lugs in the car. When the time comes to change a flat they can't. Back in my Service Manager days we had more tow-ins for flats because of this then I could count.
Old 11-25-09, 11:40 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Debonair
Running wheels without a hub-centric ring is a issue. Most cars will get serious vibration from this. You seem to be the lucky exception. The 2GS is prone to vibration even with factory setups so aftermarket without the rings just magnifies this issue.
I see on 2GS. With the 2IS, it seems to be much less of an issue, many are running without hub centering rings, quite common. Factory setups on 2IS same.
Old 11-25-09, 12:28 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Coco-bun
TSW!?
Are you kidding me? Not Rays, Work, Advan, BBS, OZ, Speedline, but TSW!? I guess at least it's drilled for the correct hub bore and lug centric...

Just curious, are you questioning the quality of TSW?

Quick Reply: (TSW) Lumarai Wheels for Lexus launched at SEMA