Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

18-wheeler Harley Davidson

Old 10-27-09, 09:37 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 18-wheeler Harley Davidson

Harley's motorcycle style goes from two wheels to eighteen
Rider takes first production International LoneStar Harley-Davidson Special Edition on the road for charity

Chris Hawker, a successful owner-operator truck driver and Harley-Davidson® motorcycle owner doesn’t just drive. He rides.

While his garage has plenty of room for his black and silver 2003 Harley-Davidson® 100th Anniversary Edition FXSTD Softail® Deuce™ motorcycle, he’ll undoubtedly have to build a bigger garage to store his latest Harley-Davidson related collectible — the first production unit of the International® LoneStar® Harley-Davidson™ Special Edition truck.

At an event last Friday at the Harley-Davidson Museum® in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Hawker was presented the keys to the vehicle in a ceremony recognizing him as a true ambassador of both the International truck and Harley-Davidson motorcycle brands.

“The International LoneStar Harley-Davidson Special Edition is one of the coolest-looking trucks I’ve ever seen,” said Chris. “When I first caught wind of this truck, I knew I had to have one.”

With deep black paint and contrasting silver and orange striping, the attention-grabbing, chrome-laden big rig truck is one-of-a-kind. Unveiled to the public for the first time at the Mid-America Trucking Show earlier in the year, the Harley-Davidson Special Edition takes the International LoneStar to the next level through a combination of LoneStar originality and Harley-Davidson authenticity.

"When the opportunity to work together first came about, we were intrigued about designing a long-haul truck that had the sleek forms and unique shapes that are unique to Harley-Davidson motorcycles," Ron Hutchinson, senior vice president of Product Development for Harley-Davidson Motor Company said at one of the model's first appearances back in March at the Mid-America Trucking Show. "The collaboration produced a truck that has the innovation of Navistar with the heart and soul of Harley-Davidson. This truck oozes the freedom and spirit of the open road."

Hawker has been a truck driver for more than 20 years and typically hauls food products from New York to Florida, having logged more than two million accident-free miles.

Earlier this year, Hawker entered his local International truck dealership in Erie, Pennsylvania, seeking information on a new International LoneStar. “Chris came in and expressed interest in a LoneStar before the Harley-Davidson Special Edition was even announced,” said Randy Leighton, sales manager, Five Star International. “As a fellow motorcycle guy and Harley owner myself, we got to talking about motorcycles. Once I heard about the Harley edition, I called him and told him we have a ‘dream truck’ coming out — he couldn’t get to the dealership fast enough!”

Design teams from International and Harley-Davidson collaborated to create a heavy-duty on-highway tractor with distinct design elements directly from Harley-Davidson motorcycles.

“Custom has always been an important word in Harley-Davidson’s brand language,” said Willie G. Davidson, senior vice president & chief styling officer, Harley-Davidson. “We wanted the design impact of this new LoneStar Harley-Davidson to have a ‘wow’ factor equal to our motorcycles.”

The International LoneStar Harley-Davidson Special Edition is authentic all the way down to its design elements. The headlights are actual authentic headlamps from Harley-Davidson motorcycles and the leather seats feature the same Harley-Davidson Bar and Shield that appear on Harley-Davidson motorcycles.

“Knowing the passion that customers have for both brands, we’re proud to get this vehicle out in the hands of enthusiastic customers like Chris,” said Jim Hebe, Navistar senior vice president, North American sales operations. “Combining the bold look of the International LoneStar with the attitude of Harley-Davidson delivers a winning product for our customers.”

The International LoneStar Harley-Davidson Special Edition embraces life on the open road with a unique combination of style, comfort and profitability.

Exterior features:

★Unique metallic black paint with contrasting silver/orange striping in classic Harley-Davidson style
★Distinctive grille, inspired from the 1939 International D-series with distinctive Harley-Davidson logo-type side graphics
★Deep, clean, and classically simple front bumper with integrated fog and marker/turn lamps and optional bumper light bar
★Authentic Harley-Davidson headlights, pulled directly from the famous Harley-Davidson Screamin' Eagle(R) Performance Division
★Massive 7-inch chrome stacks with aggressive bologna cut tips for a custom look
★Set-back fuel tanks for a sleeker, west coast appearance
★Custom-forged and -machined 24.5-inch aluminum wheels with unique lug nut covers and Harley-Davidson Bar and Shield center caps
★Unique formed super-deep custom sunshade and a distinctive aluminum battery box sporting Harley-Davidson Bar and Shield logos

And, like anything else that wears the International diamond, the LoneStar Harley-Davidson Special Edition can be customized to reflect the owner's personality. Owners can make their truck uniquely their own with more than 40 customization options available at launch.
Old 10-27-09, 09:46 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 563 Likes on 385 Posts

So how long before it starts leaking oil?
Old 10-27-09, 09:52 AM
metalgear
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would definitely drive one of those, i will own the road!
Old 10-27-09, 12:54 PM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

over done chrome....check
way too many running lights....check
tacky HD badges and name everywhere....check
Old 10-27-09, 01:43 PM
RX469
Pole Position

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Allen K
So how long before it starts leaking oil?
HAHAHA. That was right on!
Old 10-27-09, 02:05 PM
LexFather