Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

The "Pursuit" meet in So Cal write up and pics....

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-09, 03:33 PM
LexFather

Exclamation The "Pursuit" meet in So Cal write up and pics....

I'm sure the guys that organized this are being humble so I wanted to share an event that happened in So. Cal a few weeks ago. One of the biggest and most successful Lexus meets in the world! Please see below for more!!

Originally Posted by javyLSU
It's been a long week and long 6 months preparing The Pursuit, but it was worth every single minute so I wanted to take my time and compose my thoughts (and physically recover LOL) before I posted in this thread.

It's 2009, and we're in the midst of the deepest recession since the Great Depression. And we're going to do WHAT??? You want to put together the largest Lexus owner's event ever? You want to have it at Toyota Speedway? You want to give out more than $10,000 in prizes? And you want to do all of this FREE to the members? Surely it can't be done.

I am proud to say it was done.

First and foremost I'd like to personally thank Chris McCarty at Longo Lexus for having faith in a vision James had many months ago. The support they have given us is incredible, and an event of this magnitude would simply be impossible without them. Thank you, Chris and everyone at Longo Lexus.

Thanks to more than 600 attendees who brought more than 400 cars, The Pursuit succeeded on every level imaginable - breaking all the known records for number of attendees, Lexus vehicles in attendance, and value of prizes awarded. SEMA should be jealous of the lineup of show cars we had on display! Several SEMA cars were shown - two Five Axis concept builds - the famous Project: IS-F and Project: GS, as well as the F-Sport GS and IS and IS-C, and even the Greddy/0-60 Magazine IS-F!

A huge thanks to all the sponsors that so graciously donated not only their product, but their time - coming out in the heat and providing a direct channel for enthusiasts to interact directly with the automotive aftermarket. The fact that we had the owner of Five Axis, the CEO of INGs USA, the owner of ViP AutoSalon, and dozens of reps from a veritable "who's who" of the automotive aftermarket was truly humbling. Thank you all for helping make Sunday's event a memorable one.

To my partners in crime - James and Ryan. You guys have shown a rare level of dedication that is nothing short of awesome. We endured countless late night meetings and endless phone calls planning out every little detail, putting up with naysayers and negativity all throughout. We kept our eyes on the prize, and guys it paid off Sunday - so my congratulations go out to both of you.

I likewise congratulate the rest of the event staff that worked so hard to make this event the success that it was. It was truly a pleasure to work with all of you.

To my NorCal family - you guys are incredible, and are one of the main reasons all the work is so rewarding. Hanging out with you at the BBQ Saturday night almost made my back pain go away. Almost. Glen, thanks for your steady leadership, support, and sage advice, and of course for leading the NorCal family safely on the trek down to SoCal and back. Solo - it's always a treat to hang out with you, I wish I would have had more time on Sunday. Great pics too, you did a fantastic job of telling the story on Sunday! Johnson, your car surpassed everyone's wildest expectations, and it's not even half way finished! Great job bro, keep up the good work.

To our lovely models - Nicolette, Alexia, Helen, Sahara, and Kamai - thanks for helping me with the raffles and looking beautiful for all those pictures! (Especially the one in front of my car... )

The feedback from this event has fantastic this week and all early indications are that we'll be back next year... Anyway, there's been enough talking in this thread - more pictures!

Javier
Originally Posted by flipside909
September 27, 2009 - Irwindale, CA - 2009 has been a very interesting year as it has been a remarkable and definitely an unforgettable one. This year, we made history for Club Lexus and the Lexus enthusiast community. I am proud to say we made it happen with "The Pursuit". This is the first ever Lexus enthusiast meet on record that reached 400 Lexus vehicles and 600+ guests in one given spot in the world.

Why “The Pursuit” you may ask? It is simple. Our pursuit was to gather all Lexus owners and enthusiasts to meet in one central location and free of charge. For several months, we researched locations to put this together, but ultimately we chose Toyota Speedway for many reasons. For starters, the venue name made sense. What would be better than to hold a Lexus meet at a “Toyota” facility? Sure it would be better if it was “Lexus Speedway” but it worked! It was easy to find, had plenty of parking, had a drag strip and is very close to Longo Lexus in El Monte, CA.

Because of Longo Lexus' generosity, they were committed to making the enthusiast experience, a great one. They treated all "The Pursuit" guests with made-to-order In-N-Out Hamburgers by employing the In-N-Out cookout trailer on the spot at Toyota Speedway. To help enhance the meet experience all owners had a choice of running their Lexus down the 1/8 mile dragstrip or park their Lexus alongside their respective model lines. Longo also allowed participation of well known Lexus community vendors and sponsors to display their goodies and project cars. Longo Lexus is the #1 Lexus dealer in the USA. Their slogan is “Why go anywhere else?” and for good reason. This event was FREE to all guests, vendors and sponsors alike.

First off I would like to thank all the members and participants that came out from all over to make this meet a success, especially those who had to drive from NorCal and other states. Without your commitment and passion for this community, “The Pursuit” would have never been what it is today. This is the kind of participation and camraderie that has kept my passion for the Lexus community alive throughout all these years. It's all about the experiences we share going to and from and during any gathering. We are all fortunate to share these same experiences with great group of people and the cars we love.

Many thanks “The Pursuit” core team which consists of JamesN, JavyLSU and myself. I’ve organized many meets over the years and I have to say, I had full confidence in all the actions we made. There was no second guessing. We had a goal in mind and we exceeded our own expectations with flying colors. There were a few hurdles we had to overcome at the beginning, but we were able to resolve them right away. Putting on any kind of organized gathering takes a lot of time, patience and energy. I am happy to say we did it!

Hats off to all “The Pursuit” volunteers. You are all an enthusiastic and passionate group. Every single person on our team donated time out of their busy lives to help make “The Pursuit” happen. You crossed the T’s and dotted the I’s for everyone and made the meet go effortlessly. I cannot thank you all enough.

On behalf of the Lexus enthusiast community, I would like to send my greatest appreciation to Longo Lexus and their full endorsement of “The Pursuit” meet. This event would have never been possible without their generosity and their enthusiasm for the Lexus community.

I would like to give special thanks to the VP and General Manager of Longo Lexus, Mr. Chris McCarty and the President of Longo Lexus, Mr. Tom Rudnai for their full endorsement of this meet and their confidence in JamesN creating the foundation for “The Pursuit” meet.

Thank you to Lexus USA for supporting the Lexus enthusiast community and our cause.

A big thank you goes out to all the sponsors for their raffle donations and participation in making our event a huge success. We hope to see you all next year!

The Pursuit. Mission Accomplished.

Originally Posted by javyLSU
It's been a long week and long 6 months preparing The Pursuit, but it was worth every single minute so I wanted to take my time and compose my thoughts (and physically recover LOL) before I posted in this thread.

It's 2009, and we're in the midst of the deepest recession since the Great Depression. And we're going to do WHAT??? You want to put together the largest Lexus owner's event ever? You want to have it at Toyota Speedway? You want to give out more than $10,000 in prizes? And you want to do all of this FREE to the members? Surely it can't be done.

I am proud to say it was done.

First and foremost I'd like to personally thank Chris McCarty at Longo Lexus for having faith in a vision James had many months ago. The support they have given us is incredible, and an event of this magnitude would simply be impossible without them. Thank you, Chris and everyone at Longo Lexus.

Thanks to more than 600 attendees who brought more than 400 cars, The Pursuit succeeded on every level imaginable - breaking all the known records for number of attendees, Lexus vehicles in attendance, and value of prizes awarded. SEMA should be jealous of the lineup of show cars we had on display! Several SEMA cars were shown - two Five Axis concept builds - the famous Project: IS-F and Project: GS, as well as the F-Sport GS and IS and IS-C, and even the Greddy/0-60 Magazine IS-F!

A huge thanks to all the sponsors that so graciously donated not only their product, but their time - coming out in the heat and providing a direct channel for enthusiasts to interact directly with the automotive aftermarket. The fact that we had the owner of Five Axis, the CEO of INGs USA, the owner of ViP AutoSalon, and dozens of reps from a veritable "who's who" of the automotive aftermarket was truly humbling. Thank you all for helping make Sunday's event a memorable one.

To my partners in crime - James and Ryan. You guys have shown a rare level of dedication that is nothing short of awesome. We endured countless late night meetings and endless phone calls planning out every little detail, putting up with naysayers and negativity all throughout. We kept our eyes on the prize, and guys it paid off Sunday - so my congratulations go out to both of you.

I likewise congratulate the rest of the event staff that worked so hard to make this event the success that it was. It was truly a pleasure to work with all of you.

To my NorCal family - you guys are incredible, and are one of the main reasons all the work is so rewarding. Hanging out with you at the BBQ Saturday night almost made my back pain go away. Almost. Glen, thanks for your steady leadership, support, and sage advice, and of course for leading the NorCal family safely on the trek down to SoCal and back. Solo - it's always a treat to hang out with you, I wish I would have had more time on Sunday. Great pics too, you did a fantastic job of telling the story on Sunday! Johnson, your car surpassed everyone's wildest expectations, and it's not even half way finished! Great job bro, keep up the good work.

To our lovely models - Nicolette, Alexia, Helen, Sahara, and Kamai - thanks for helping me with the raffles and looking beautiful for all those pictures! (Especially the one in front of my car... )

The feedback from this event has fantastic this week and all early indications are that we'll be back next year... Anyway, there's been enough talking in this thread - more pictures!

Javier
Thread here

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-...etrospect.html

Old 10-14-09, 03:34 PM
LexFather

IN N OUT!

Old 10-14-09, 03:35 PM
LexFather

Old 10-14-09, 03:35 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by solo
solo contribution:

Henry's 3GS with modified JOB Design, TEIN sus, and SSR wheels

Everybody scratching their heads while looking at Johnson's 1st sharpied Lexus IS350:

Dave & Skye all the way from Vegas in his Celsior with Fabulous rollers shot in jet black. I dig the pink accent:

Chrome just pops like a mf:

This 1gen IS was super cool with a white theme, clean kit, and decal front lip. Props for looking elsewhere for inspirations:

"Good Feeling"

Originally Posted by solo
Panda's unique gen2/gen3 conversion Aristo slammed inside the Vertex Booth and next to Anna's timeless gen1 Altezza:

PG Motoring and their SC430 now with their new line of BBK. Retail for front and back, right under $5k. Hit them up for a CL discount!

Troy and the FIVE AXIS crew were on hand displaying their latest wheels and projects. These guys dont mess around. Look out for a few new projects at SEMA in a month
:

Clark and his timeless 2007 LS460 SEMA project:

..and Mr. VIP Autosalon's personal ride, WALD/WORK IS-F. I dig the painted headlights:

Sprinkles had his "DUBB" inspired gen3 GS displayed at the WORK booth. Props for driving low without a care in the world:

Old 10-14-09, 03:36 PM
LexFather

Row of IS's

Row of GS's

IS's before check-in

More before check-in

Drag strip

In-N-Out truck!

Old 10-14-09, 05:02 PM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

props to all who organized and attended the Pursuit.

What a great collection of amazing cars. While in the SoCal section I've also seen a couple of sweet videos.

Again congrat's on a successful event.
Old 10-14-09, 05:41 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

here are links to video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnNkzAX7Ry8
video by PhuShizzle

http://vimeo.com/6903335
video by robert (ExileLakai)
Old 10-14-09, 08:11 PM
calichris
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

woww that chick in the turquoise, she put a smile on my face
Old 10-14-09, 08:18 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Hell yeah! That's what I'm talking about, to all of you that were out there, props to you!

Way to represent, fellaz
Old 10-14-09, 08:40 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Looks like it was an awesome event! Great to see such large Lexus enthusiast events taking place !
Old 10-14-09, 09:42 PM
metalgear
Lexus Champion

great pictures! wish i was there...
Old 10-14-09, 10:18 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

cool pics. I have already seen them on perfectexposure.com, but good to see them again.