Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Buick Regal Official Thread (GS CONFIRMED) Pricing announced, 27k base

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-09, 03:54 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I somewhat look forward to this as one of my next rental cars.
Old 11-11-09, 04:22 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
This is exactly what I thought before I even opened the thread just from the title. I do disagree on the number suggestion, however.

If Buick is trying to change it's image and take the brand in a new direction, why would they continue to regurgitate old names? I would initially associate Regal and Century with the crap they built in the 80's and 90's. Is that really the first thought they want people to have?
I think it's easy to understand reviving the Regal name....it was a successful name. The various Regal generations all seemed to be well made, incomparison to other American cars....and they had nice interiors with nice exterior styling.
I also agree Buick should go in a different direction but looks like it's too late, the decision has been made. Now lets see how it goes.
Yhe car looks nice and I'm sure there will be a version with a killer interior.
Old 11-11-09, 04:28 PM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It looks exactly like a LaCrosse...
Old 11-11-09, 05:44 PM
(Cj)
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RXSF
interior is way too cheap looking, but the exterior is nice in the front and side profile
looks about as good as an Acura interior, so not TOO bad for the class.

Old 11-11-09, 07:44 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

I like it a lot. I've been saying that Buick's 3 model lineup was lacking and this model rounds it out (for now) as the new base model.

I can't wait to see what they have in store for the next Lucerne as the current one just plain stinks.
Old 11-11-09, 08:29 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

I see some TL all over that Buick; that's not a good thing ... there's even an a$$ simle.
Old 11-11-09, 08:46 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

That Acura has a cheap interior too.

Also the buick looks like it has a really small nav screen. interior doors on it are nice though
Old 11-11-09, 08:51 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

GM is doing a great job of getting Buick to put out some nice looking sedans over the last year
Old 11-11-09, 10:34 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The exterior is familiar new-age Buick and the interior looks pretty good. Let's hope the plastics feel just as good as they look.
Old 11-12-09, 12:16 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

Naming it a Regal is a huge mistake. The most recent Regals were failures and put to pasture for a reason. There is no positive correlation with the word "Regal" for anyone who has a recent memory. The first thing that came to mind when I read this headline was GM is still not getting over the past like they claim they are.
Name aside, the exterior is decent, if very Saturn and Volvoesque. The rear end could also pass as a new TL, but with the chrome strip higher up. The dash looks like it's melting upon itself. Not terrible, but not going to lead the class either.
Grade: "C"
Old 11-12-09, 12:14 PM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
Naming it a Regal is a huge mistake. The most recent Regals were failures and put to pasture for a reason. There is no positive correlation with the word "Regal" for anyone who has a recent memory. The first thing that came to mind when I read this headline was GM is still not getting over the past like they claim they are.
Name aside, the exterior is decent, if very Saturn and Volvoesque. The rear end could also pass as a new TL, but with the chrome strip higher up. The dash looks like it's melting upon itself. Not terrible, but not going to lead the class either.
Imho the same can be said about the new Taurus. It's a nice car and all, but for some odd reason the name 'Taurus' invokes memories of Uncle Herman's station wagon, and that's not a good thing. That's basically what's keeping me from going out and buying a SHO as a daily driver once I get the CCX.
Old 11-12-09, 12:31 PM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

All these new Buicks are starting to look the same
Old 11-12-09, 12:56 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by The G Man
All these new Buicks are starting to look the same
Look at the bright side, they look better and drive better than the crappy old ones.
Old 11-12-09, 01:03 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
Actually the last two Regals sold VERY well and it was puzzling to many when GM decided to can it.

Old 11-12-09, 01:12 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

Quick Reply: Buick Regal Official Thread (GS CONFIRMED) Pricing announced, 27k base