Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Honda Announces Pricing for All-new 2010 Accord Crosstour

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-09, 07:26 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Default Honda Announces Pricing for All-new 2010 Accord Crosstour

Honda has released two highly brushed up photos of the Accord Crosstour, and we can finally see its snout in full view. As the test car spy shots have migrated from altered Accord wagon to final Crosstour, the car has gotten ever funkier. This picture, though, is the funkiest of all.

We have a feeling it is down to the excess effects, but the Crosstour looks a tad bit ungainly. It's almost as if the front and rear of the car are in a different scale – the grille and front wheel look exceedingly large compared to the tail. Since we've already seen the car in the flesh, except for its nose, we're pretty sure it'll be another mellow piece of Honda kit when it's revealed in 35 days. Until then, feel free to check out the official shots we have in the high-res gallery below.
Source
Old 09-01-09, 07:31 AM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yuck. Then again I really don't like any wagon so I may be a bad judge.

If you took off the Honda logos and the Honda style headlights, I'd believe that was a Chrysler product.
Old 09-01-09, 07:37 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

Lmfao!!!!!
Old 09-01-09, 07:38 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Default Press Release

2010 Accord Crosstour Styling Conceals Surprising Versatility

Next evolution of the crossover offers CUV attributes while maintaining a premium sedan feel and a sporty, bold appearance

TORRANCE, Calif., Sept. 1 /PRNewswire/ -- The all-new 2010 Honda Accord Crosstour evolves the Crossover Utility Vehicle (CUV) concept by integrating a sleek and aerodynamic shape that blends sporty, low-profile contours with versatile CUV functionality, American Honda Motor Co., Inc., announced today.

"Our concept is to broaden the appeal of the Accord line-up by leveraging traditional Accord strengths of fun-to-drive performance and handling while also adapting to dramatic shifts in the light truck marketplace," said Erik Berkman, vice president of American Honda Motor Co., Inc. "The Accord Crosstour accomplishes that by offering a modern interpretation of a CUV while integrating the refinement and efficiency of a premium sedan."

Derived from the Accord Sedan, the Accord Crosstour maximizes car-like ride and refinement, yet maintains capabilities consistent with a CUV's increased ride height and all-weather potential. The Accord Crosstour's styling builds on the Accord's familiar character lines and adds a bolder front grille complemented by a durable lower-body appearance, wedge-shaped C-pillars and an aggressive rear stance. The flowing roofline narrows smoothly into the rear of the vehicle to create an aggressive-looking design, which conceals a unique cargo area that can adapt to large objects that exceed the capacity of a sedan.

"We know SUV buyers like the commanding view of the road that comes with a high eye-point and like the comforts of living with an SUV," said Berkman. "This vehicle meets the needs of buyers looking for those attributes yet at the same time want an image that is different from a conventional SUV."

The Accord Crosstour will be positioned at the top of the Accord family when it goes on sale in fall 2009. Additional details will be announced later in the year.

SOURCE American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
Old 09-01-09, 07:40 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 580 Likes on 399 Posts

Honda ZDX got it.
Old 09-01-09, 08:24 AM
LexFather

Seriously how can they make UGLIER vehicles at this point. That is so ugly its not even funny. THe SUV front end and the curved rear are at total odds.
This also has AWD right? Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Old 09-01-09, 08:29 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Any interior pics?

I think Honda should have named it an independent car.

I mean, I know the Venza is a Camry wagon, but having its own name makes it unique and separate. The interior also is vastly superior to the Camry.

The general public will see Accord wagon, not a "crosstour". They will be underwhelmed if there is no significant distinction from the sedan.
Old 09-01-09, 08:36 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pwned. End of story.

Last edited by MPLexus301; 09-01-09 at 08:41 AM.
Old 09-01-09, 08:39 AM
silversprucesc3
Lexus Champion

Is this model a JOKE????
Old 09-01-09, 08:43 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Honda even copied the Venza wheels.
Old 09-01-09, 09:12 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

I'm in a mixed bag with regards to whether I like it or not.

On one hand, I can say that the wheel design as well as the rear-end is to my liking and yet the front-end ruins it (like the Toyota Venza with its horrifying rear end).

Still undecided on this one.

However
This also has AWD right? Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
For me, this is actually a strong point. Heck, I guess I'm only one of the few people here who believe that Honda/Acura should continue pursuing SH-AWD as their primary drivetrain hehe
Old 09-01-09, 09:20 AM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the second time this morning...

Old 09-01-09, 09:23 AM
leedogg
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think this will be a pretty good seller actually. Combining all the advantages of an SUV with a sedan. Will satisfy those that want the extra room but dont want a minivan or SUV. I'm a little iffy on the looks, but I have a feeling this might look better in person, especially in a different color with different wheels. Honda's usually have a pretty refined look in real life.
Old 09-01-09, 09:55 AM
bruce van
Lexus Champion

What? Honda basically succeeded in making a cheaper, uglier version of the ZDX.

They just copied & pasted the press release from the ZDX. It's sad the Civic Coupe is the best looking car in Honda's current lineup.
Old 09-01-09, 10:17 AM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
Honda even copied the Venza wheels.
shuddering in disgust

yep, pretty lame of them to borrow those wheels

for me, even the odyssey is more desirable than this

Quick Reply: Honda Announces Pricing for All-new 2010 Accord Crosstour