Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Select 2010 MY Product Enhancement and Price Change Announcement

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-09, 04:28 PM
jjbodean
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Select 2010 MY Product Enhancement and Price Change Announcement

The Lexus Division announces the following product enhancements, base vehicle MSRP and Luxury Value Edition option pricing for the 2010 IS 250/350, IS F, LX 570, SC 430, RX 350, RX 450h, IS 250C and IS 350C. Pricing will be announced to the public on Friday, August 14, 2009.

IS Sedan
The IS, with its sleek styling, performance image and strong value position, has been successful in maintaining share in the challenging near luxury market (9% share in June 2008 vs. 8% share in June 2009). The new 2010 IS will help to maintain its value position with new product and pricing enhancements.
There are a few product updates for the new 2010 IS 250 / 350. IS Sedan receives standard XM Satellite Radio (with complimentary 90-day subscription), Bluetooth, USB/iPod connector and our all-new telematics
systems, Safety Connect and Lexus Enform (with optional navigation system -- see appendix for additional details). Safety Connect and Lexus Enform are available with a complimentary one-year trial subscription. For 2010 IS sedan, base MSRP increases only $540 across all models.

The Luxury Plus Package (LD) for IS 250 AWD now includes ventilated front seats, semi-aniline leather, and interior wood trim. New interior trim will be introduced for 2010 – Expresso Bird’s-eye Maple replaces Golden Brown Bird’s-eye Maple for Ecru when Premium or Luxury Plus Value Packages are selected.
Although semi-aniline leather is discontinued for the Premium Package (PT), the perforated leather remains.
Lexus is also pleased to announce the Luxury Value Edition packages will carryover to the 2010 IS Sedan starting with August 2009 production. In addition, some of the value packages offered are even further enhanced – up to 100% discount!

Although MSRP increased by $540, the typically equipped IS price changes between -0.4% and 0.6%, while adding the new advanced telematics systems. The newly enhanced ‘10MY value packages will provide
a great value story for both new and returning IS buyers.

IS F
2010 IS F receives a TORSEN limited-slip differential, new 19-inch wheel design and foldable rear headrests. Also new for 2010 is a Blue Leather-Trimmed insert added to the bottom portion of the steering wheel for
both Black and Two-Tone Alpine interiors. And, a Terra Cotta Leather-Trimmed shift **** will be included when Two-Tone Terra Cotta interior is selected. IS F also receives standard XM Satellite Radio, Bluetooth, USB/iPod connector, Safety Connect, and Lexus Enform (with optional navigation system -- see appendix for additional details). The product changes and
standard spec additions result in a $1,000 MSRP increase to $57,760.

LX 570
The 2010 LX 570 receives updates to the standard Lexus Premium audio system that includes Bluetooth streaming audio and a USB port. The LX standard-equipped navigation system will have a new screen
design, revised layout and font on the buttons, Voice Command casual language voice recognition, Bluetooth phonebook download and Lexus Enform (with complimentary one-year trial subscription). XM NavWeather, Sports and Stocks (with complimentary 90-day trial subscription) are also added to the 2010 model. Safety Connect, standard on all LX, includes automatic collision notification, stolen vehicle location, emergency assistance and enhanced roadside assistance (complimentary one-year trial subscription).
The LX optional rear seat entertainment system adds 3D icons and LED backlight to an enhanced display. The optional Wide-view front and side monitor also receives an updated screen. The optional Mark Levinson audio upgrade will carry a special “no charge” option price which provides a $2,850 MSRP value to your customers.
The 2010 LX 570 base MSRP is $76,405, an increase of $550 versus 09MY.

SC 430
For 2010, the SC 430 offers product enhancements and new advanced technologies that enhance the driving and ownership experience. Product enhancements include new 18-inch six-spoke wheels and side mirrors with puddle lamps. An updated standard navigation system offers a voice-command feature that allows hands-free use and provides easy-to-understand graphics and phone-number-based address recognition. Also new for 2010, XM services are now available including NavTraffic and NavWeather (with complimentary 90-day trial subscription).
The standard Mark Levinson audio system features iPod/USB connectivity, auxiliary audio input, Bluetooth hands free phone, music streaming capabilities and satellite radio. For 2010, the SC will adopt a new color, Costa Azul Mica, which replaces Tigereye Mica. MSRP for the 2010 SC 430 will be $67,505, an increase
of $700.

RX 350 / RX 450h / IS C
The 2010 RX 350, RX 450h, IS 250C and IS 350C add our all-new telematics system, Lexus Enform with Safety Connect from August production. Safety Connect is standard on non-navigation vehicles, and Lexus Enform with Safety Connect is standard on navigation equipped vehicles. Both services are available by subscription. One-year complimentary trial subscriptions are available with each purchase (see Appendix for additional details).
Beginning with August production, the RX 350 FWD model will have a base MSRP of $37,250 and the RX 350 AWD will carry a base MSRP of $38,650. In addition, RX 350 FWD model will offer towing package as an available option. The RX 450h FWD will carry a base MSRP of $42,110 while the RX 450h AWD
model will have a base MSRP of $43,700. Also, for both RX gas and hybrid models some optional equipment content and pricing is changed to help improve value and support your sales. Some of the changes are HL accessory eliminates Intelligent High Beams. The HL accessory new MSRP is $875 which includes HID and AFS. Comfort Package (CP) MSRP is reduced to $1,950 (-$50). New option prices are effective with August production.
Also starting with August production, the IS 250C with a manual transmission will be $38,940, while the IS 250C with an automatic transmission will be $40,110. The IS 350C will carry a base MSRP of $44,390.
MSRP changes for all of these 2010 Lexus models are detailed in the attached Vehicle Price Change Summary.

Effective Timing
Effective date corresponds to start of production for each series:
• July 1, 2009: LX 570
• August 1, 2009: RX 350, RX 450h, IS C 250/350
• August 3, 2009: SC 430
• August 5, 2009: IS 250/350, IS F

APPENDIX
Lexus Enform™ with Safety Connect™ Telematics Available on 2010 Lexus Models Lexus’ New On-Board Communication System – An Extensive Advanced Technology Offering Lexus will offer both Safety Connect, standard on non-NAV vehicles, and Lexus Enform with Safety Connect, standard on NAV vehicles. Both services will be available by subscription. One-year
complimentary trial subscriptions will be available with every new vehicle purchase. Safety Connect is our all-new on-board safety and security service. Embedded cellular technology and GPS help connect drivers to the 24/7 response center in case of a collision, breakdown, or other
emergency on the road. Safety Connect includes four key features:
• Automatic Collision Notification
• Stolen Vehicle Location
• Emergency Assistance Button (SOS)
• Enhanced Roadside Assistance (which adds GPS data to the already included warranty-based service)
Lexus Enform with Safety Connect offers drivers a suite of convenience and information features and can help lend security and expediency on the road. The system includes:
• All Safety Connect services (above).
• eDestination and Destination Assist, which provide en-route guidance through the vehicle’s navigation system, including a 24/7 response center and online route planning via LexusDrivers.com.
Expanded XM® services are also available on NAV-equipped HS vehicles. These include:
• XM NavTraffic® – via separate subscription, 90-day trial subscription included
• XM NavWeather™ – via separate subscription, 90-day trial subscription included
• XM® Sport & Stocks – included with an XM® Radio subscription, 90-day trial subscription included Lexus InsiderTM provides audio articles to enhance the Lexus experience with useful vehicle tips and event information, and insights into exclusive owners’ benefits. Drivers can easily choose to opt in or out of receiving these articles. This service is complimentary and available on all Lexus Enform-equipped vehicles.
Annual Renewal Subscription Pricing – 1-Year Included Trial Subscription
One-year trial subscriptions of Lexus Enform and Safety Connect are included with all new appropriately equipped Lexus vehicle purchases. One-year renewal subscriptions to Safety Connect alone will be available for $139.95 per year, and Lexus Enform with Safety Connect will be available for
$264.90 per year. Multiyear subscriptions and discounts will also be available and subscriptions can be customized to the purchase or lease terms.
Service Annual Renewal Price
Safety Connect $139.95
Lexus Enform with Safety Connect $264.90
Old 08-13-09, 05:16 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

interesting, no mention of the ES or LS which are supposed to get refreshes. But good changes all around.
Old 08-13-09, 06:06 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

very interesting info, thanks for the post!!!!

seems like prices aren't increased much in general, that's good

all cars are getting usb/ipod connection, that seems to be a big move. and i also read somewhere that it's all going to be gen6 nav. i would like to see how they look like and what other updates on that

and is-f getting lsd, that's another good move too
Old 08-13-09, 06:16 PM
D.Jobin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

standard bluetooth and XM...you've got to be kidding me
Old 08-13-09, 07:34 PM
LexFather

IS F
2010 IS F receives a TORSEN limited-slip differential

And this really gives me some faith in Lexus. As amazing as the IS-F is, they added a LSD!!! This is just sensational news!! I know lowbuxracr is trying to figure out a retrofit already.

Old 08-13-09, 08:07 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

at this rate, in 20 years, the base IS350 will cost $46750

yay

is inflation really going up by 1.5% every year?
Old 08-13-09, 08:42 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

the rise in cost is across the line because of the lexus enform and safety connect systems. Notice the RX (which is already a 2010 model) had an increase of $600
Old 08-13-09, 09:36 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

i wonder when lexus will have the remote engine kill like Onstar does..
Old 08-13-09, 10:14 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

Originally Posted by dunnojack
at this rate, in 20 years, the base IS350 will cost $46750

yay

is inflation really going up by 1.5% every year?
i wonder when lexus will have the remote engine kill like Onstar does..
do you have ANYTHING positive to say about Lexus?

this info isn't earth shattering but it's good incremental improvement, and the LSD on the IS-F is a BIG DEAL.
Old 08-13-09, 10:37 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
do you have ANYTHING positive to say about Lexus?
no.

i'm just a big hater.

the competition is making the lexus look less appealing.

and just because this is club lexus, it doesn't mean everything has to be painted rosy

just because i drive a lexus doesn't mean I have to like it a lot.
i just hated it less than the competitors when i bought it
Old 08-13-09, 11:00 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

it sees like they adding these things to the poorest sellers except for the RX. The IS and SC are no longer competitive . The LX is as economical as a Lamborghini. The ISF , lets face it .... its selling like ****. For that money most people will want the M3.
Old 08-13-09, 11:09 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

the competition is making the lexus look less appealing.
Have you seen Acura and BMW lately?!?
Old 08-14-09, 01:08 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks for the info! Interesting to see some changes for the LX interior, as well as the USB ports, Bluetooth, iPod connection across the range.

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
it sees like they adding these things to the poorest sellers except for the RX. The IS and SC are no longer competitive . The LX is as economical as a Lamborghini. The ISF [...]
The IS is selling quite well this year, minimal drop-off, as stated it is maintaining a healthy market share. It is quite competitive and has continued to be a top seller for Lexus behind the RX and ES. And the IS-F has sold on par with the M3 sedan. I agree the SC is in need of a new model, and the LX is quite expensive but it has its niche.
Old 08-14-09, 02:49 AM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

2010 LX570 is already on Lexus.com
Costa Azul Mica is also featured on it but not mentioned in press release. This color would look good on SC430 no doubt.

Looking forward for Expresso wood trim in IS, I wish they offered it in GS and LS too.
Old 08-14-09, 05:35 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
Have you seen Acura and BMW lately?!?
off topic but 1SICKLEX says Acura isn't a competitor and as for BMW, they have weak points but MANY strong points too.

lexus is all about smoooooooooooooooooooth and interior ergonomics and bmw is all about chassis/engine/drivetrain/suspension harmony. very different philosophies.

Quick Reply: Select 2010 MY Product Enhancement and Price Change Announcement