Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

G55 AMG A.R.T. AS55K YAAS EDITION for Royal Family of Abu Dhabi - 1 of 1

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-09, 07:46 PM
LexFather

Post G55 AMG A.R.T. AS55K YAAS EDITION for Royal Family of Abu Dhabi - 1 of 1

AS55K YAAS EDITION

* Special vehicle for the Royal Family of Abu Dhabi
* Limited edition of one

This thoroughbred luxury four-by-four in Obsidian black with engine version AS55K was developed specially at the request of the Royal Family of Abu Dhabi. It is based on the G55 AMG. His performance was optimized up to 620 hp with 880 rpm. It will be difficult to find the equal anywhere in the world of this AS55K YAAS EDITION with its unusual exterior fittings and luxurious interior design.

Aerodynamic components for the front, side, rear, and roof, including the Aero hood lend the AS55K YAAS EDITION new striking contours. The comprehensive package of high-quality carbonized surfaces makes for individual highlights on the outer skin. The hood, aerodynamics components, the door handles, the spare wheel cover, the exterior mirror shells and the engine block have been generously coated in this luxurious material by hand to sparkle with that typical magical three-dimensional effect. This exterior variant with carbon parts was developed and manufactured on the wishes and in accordance with the decided suggestions of the Royal Family of Abu Dhabi.

Numerous highly-polished stainless steel decorative elements draw attention to the air vents and other predestined points on the car body. The dual polished stainless steel bumper with its profiled appearance provides the finishing touches to the smart solid appearance of the vehicle rear below the rear skirt.

Light, enough to illuminate the skies, is provided by the xenon lighting system with bi-xenon dual headlamps as the basis, four xenon upper-beam headlamps and four fog lamps as add-ons. The six chrome-plated tailpipes of the exhaust system, each sporting an A.R.T. logo, dissipate what remains of the vast power from the engine block laterally under the running boards: its grandiose sound cannot be ignored.

The high-performance brake system operates at the front with perforated 380 size brake disks and 8-piston brake calipers. At the rear, perforated 345 size brake disks and 4-piston brake calipers provide deceleration to match the power. The entire window surface of the AS55K YAAS EDITION is treated with chrome color window tinting, protecting the interior world of the vehicle from the stares of the outside world.

As soon as you open the doors of the AS55K YAAS EDITION, you cannot fail to notice the graceful interior surrounds to entice all the senses. The seats, instrument board, door cladding and center console have been intricately covered in aromatic materials by hand. A.R.T. upholsterers use the finest velour leather, perforated smooth nappa leather, and alcantara in cinnamon and anthracite hues. High-quality carpets with leather edging and A.R.T. embroidered logo round off the overall warm and luxurious ambience for that very special driving experience.

Carbon features also lend magical highlights to the interior of the AS55K YAAS EDITION. All the covers on the instrument panel and doors have been given a high-quality carbon veneer. These features are crowned by the gold-color carbonized multi-function steering wheel.

A journey into the magical world of fairytales with this expertly equipped luxury-class vehicle AS55K YAAS EDITION by A.R.T.

Old 08-03-09, 07:55 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

where is the gold?
Old 08-03-09, 07:57 PM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Great googly-moogly.
Old 08-03-09, 08:08 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
His performance was optimized up to 620 hp with 880 rpm.
Holy cow!
Old 08-03-09, 08:10 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GSteg
Holy cow!
lol must be a typo missing a digit

if it really does 620hp at just 880rpm, the earth would spin backwards
Old 08-03-09, 08:26 PM
videcormeum
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by montgb
Great googly-moogly.
Good Googly-moogly, that pink interior is juicy. I wonder if, for a happy meal, I could squeeze it.
Old 08-03-09, 08:30 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those look like QX45 wheels.
Old 08-03-09, 08:49 PM
Lil4X
Out of Warranty

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Ah, I love to watch a copywriter squirm to make a pig like this sound like an automotive dream.
  • The word "aerodynamic" however it is applied to this barn just makes me giggle.

• The "graceful interior" with basketball orange leather and matching CF trim would make even an NBA star cringe.

• "A journey into the magical world of fairytales with this expertly equipped luxury-class vehicle AS55K YAAS EDITION by A.R.T." I'm going to overlook the sentence fragment, assuming that the copywriter was so busy gagging at this point that the sentence, like the vehicle itself, has no object.

• I expect there to be running boards for the Sheik's headsmen to ride, ready to lop off the heads of all of the rabble who might have the temerity to laugh.

• "Hey, Ali Baba, JC Whitney called, they want their catalog back - you're embarrassing them!"
Old 08-03-09, 08:54 PM
werewolf
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow, what a waste
Old 08-03-09, 09:02 PM
muhbuhtuh
Lexus Champion

lmao are those wheels GTR wheels?
Old 08-03-09, 09:12 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

it's missing 4 lights in the front

it's also short 4 more exhaust tips.

fixed:

Old 08-03-09, 11:53 PM
superchan7
Lead Lap

Come on, these huge wagon wheels make the SUVs look like horse-drawn wagons. Style fail.
Old 08-04-09, 12:03 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

this car is a joke.
Old 08-04-09, 01:44 AM
sleeper408

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

I've hated this SUV when it came out years ago and this "fine" example doesn't do much to change my mind now either. Nice comments there Lil4X. What's the drag coefficient of a cube shape again? Over 1.0? LOL....
Old 08-04-09, 05:52 AM
huddleston
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 13 Posts

throw up.....

Quick Reply: G55 AMG A.R.T. AS55K YAAS EDITION for Royal Family of Abu Dhabi - 1 of 1