Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Acura debuts 2010 ZDX (First drives in, now updated)

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-09, 08:22 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by GFerg
IMO I dont think the BMW X6 rear visibility is any better. It has a higher rear end, no small rear window like the ZDX does, and no rear quarter windows either. Many reviews have already complained about poor rear visibility in the X6.

All for the sake of style (or lack there of).
Its funny to see people make fun of the Prius but it looks way better. At worst the X6 and ZDX is nothing more than a raised Prius.

Old 08-18-09, 08:33 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Its funny to see people make fun of the Prius but it looks way better. At worst the X6 and ZDX is nothing more than a raised Prius.

QFMFT!! Nothing more than a Prius with a lift kit.
Old 08-18-09, 09:23 PM
leedogg
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You clearly missed the sticky on the top of the forum explaining the sense of community here. Continue and you will see some time off.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...-car-chat.html

No one attacked anyone or broke any rules and here you come attacking the entire forum.

Let me share what other forums are saying, its the same thing.

Whats uglier Acura or Infiniti (Acura landslide win)

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4526906

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4524637

Your own ACURA FORUM HATES IT, 23 pages worth, not 1 page as you requested
http://acurazine.com/forums/showthre...693036&page=22

Comments at Autoblog
http://www.autoblog.com/2009/08/17/a...-zdx/#comments

Temple of Vtech hates it
http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=847600

Autospies hates it

http://www.autospies.com/news/Acura-...010-ZDX-47036/

I looked around other forums and its the same. So before you come here accusing Clublexus of bashing a car, you might want to see what others are saying.
I'm not sure you comprehend my post. I'm asking why do people get so worked up about acura? Hell, even you have said they arent worth arguing about before. Its like a Ferrari forum getting worked up over ugly Kia designs.
Old 08-18-09, 09:40 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by leedogg
I'm not sure you comprehend my post. I'm asking why do people get so worked up about acura? Hell, even you have said they arent worth arguing about before. Its like a Ferrari forum getting worked up over ugly Kia designs.
Again read this. Its funny that you are saying people are worked up and it seems YOU are the one worked up if you are commenting on it.

Your post history is almost exclusive in Honda/Acura posts and to come in here and say people are acting like kids when the entire universe is laughing at this thingie does not help your position. It is understandable you might be slightly butthurt your favorite brand is quite frankly a laughing stock at this point but I suggest you write Acura/Honda a letter with your same comments b/c CLEARLY they are "the kids frothing at the mouth" b/c they are all high on cocaine and PCP designing these things. Its very obvious new Acura designs simply create a lot of laughter, jokes and comments wherever they are shown. I hope you do not commit suicide if you hear comments in person. Its usually worse, nothing like hearing someone say "that is one ugly POS" in person.

No one has high expectations for Acura. They can't even meet very low expectations.

I strongly suggest make your point about the vehicle(s) in question and not how people are acting TO YOU or this forum.

If its that bad, you can post elsewhere. Again your own Acura forum has 23 pages if the same if not WORSE comments. Are you over there chiding them???? So spare us your lecture.

Old 08-18-09, 10:08 PM
LexFather

Ladies and gents this is not a game. We are cleaning up Car Chat. If you are that upset about the comments/forum PM a moderator/an Admin or alert a post so we can investigate.

Posts in this thread is about the ZDX, not each other, not the forum. Feel free to debate posts but DO NOT publically chide the forum and its members.

Old 08-18-09, 10:25 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One thing I can say about the X6 is reviews and people state it drives AMAZING for a dishwasher abortion. No matter what you think of its looks, the vehicle delivers in performance, pushing SUV boundaries on sport. I can totally respect that. It clearly has more cargo room than the ZDX as well.
[B]
After being late to the party and having to read 10 pages about this POS....all I can say is that I'm very happy that it has led many of you to a greater appreciation of the X6.
Old 08-18-09, 10:43 PM
xcntuatd77
Lead Lap

First the Acura Grill that they are so proud about, and then this absolute atrocity.

This makes me go into an Acura dealer and tell their GM about how proud they must feel to work for a supposedly upmarket brand and sell a car that looks as bad as a Pontiac Aztek

I cant understand how this brand is going to set sales. What sort of people are they hiring as designers and then the people at corporate that actually look at the designs and say "Yes this is what we need that the market will buy"

p.s. some of the comments you guys left here truly made me LMAO twice. hahaha

Last edited by xcntuatd77; 08-18-09 at 10:47 PM.
Old 08-18-09, 10:47 PM
CLNSC3
Lexus Test Driver

That thing is down right ugly, I will keep my RDX
Old 08-18-09, 11:29 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

A quote from an Acura press release:

http://www.hondanews.com/categories/1322/releases/5128

Originally Posted by Acura
From the beginning of the ZDX concept, Acura designers committed to meeting and surpassing the vehicle dynamics and driving feel of its primary competitors- the BMW X6 and Infiniti FX35
So there you have it. Acura *officially* states the X6 and FX35 as competition, yet the FX35 and X6 will smoke the ZDX performance-wise.

Here is a comment from an Acura forum that pretty much sums up the ZDX and Acura in general:
Underpowered, poor handling, and abortion looks.
Looks like Acura trifecta of FAIL.
Also I noticed that only about half of the rear glass actually goes down. The rear glass itself is already small, and practicality is further reduced if such a small part of the glass actually goes down.
Old 08-19-09, 04:58 AM
wmb0000
Pole Position

As a huge Acura fan, I am majorly disappointted that they roll out the ZDX. They should have use that resource and develop a coupe and/or convertiable. Definitely need that more than an X6 competitor.
Old 08-19-09, 06:29 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by leedogg
what is it about acura that turns this place into pack of kids frothing at the mouth? I swear to god, some of you simply need to set your expectations of acura lower. This awkward useless vehicle deserved maybe a page of critical comments and thats it.
Well, for me personally, its almost like saying good bye to an old friend. I drove nothing but Hondas and Acuras from high school to my early 30s. They made some greats car back then, the Honda Prelude, Acura Legend, Acura Integra and the 1st gen. Acura MDX. It is just sad to see an engineering power house such as Honda produce cars like the ZDX. It really make one think back to the glory days of Honda engineering and to feel sad that we will prabably never see the Honda of 20 years ago again.
Old 08-19-09, 07:29 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't owned a Honda/Acura product for over 10 years, prior to that I owned 7.

This trend is not that uncommon, some is due to buyers moving up into premium vehicles that Acura doesn't produce.
Old 08-19-09, 02:28 PM
LexFather

Rear Legroom is lacking too.

ZDX Rear seats have 31.1 inches of legroom vs 33.1 for the Accord coupe.
X6 offers 5 inches more rear leg room, FX 3.5 more inches..

WTF? This thing is not a small vehicle!

Old 08-19-09, 04:13 PM
GS3Tek

Received 163 Likes on 124 Posts

I love the comments and the GIFs

Rear Legroom is lacking too.

ZDX Rear seats have 31.1 inches of legroom vs 33.1 for the Accord coupe.
X6 offers 5 inches more rear leg room, FX 3.5 more inches..

WTF? This thing is not a small vehicle!
Too lazy to look for that description to quote, but this is a "niche" vehicle for the empty nesters with a dog . A dog doesn't care about leg rooms
Old 08-19-09, 05:54 PM
Iceman
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
...the FX35 and X6 will smoke the ZDX performance-wise.
How do we know this?

Quick Reply: Acura debuts 2010 ZDX (First drives in, now updated)