Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Tell Me About Lexus "Perks"?

Old 07-01-09, 10:11 AM
Sandi_k
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Tell Me About Lexus "Perks"?

OK, so it looks like I'll be getting a 2010 RX350, and I've been on this forum for a few months. In that time, I've heard some discussion of Lexus "perks" - like loaners during service, or car washes at the dealership.

Having never owned a Lexus before, I'm curious about what the typical ownership expectations actually are for this car. What does your dealer do for you as a Lexus owner that other dealers do not for their clientele?

Sandi
Old 07-01-09, 10:38 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Every luxury car makers now a day have free car wash and free loaners. What Lexus excels in is the warranty repair. They are almost willing to fix anything to make the customer happy. Actually, Lexus dealer service use to be better in my opinion, they are cutting back just like everyone else.
Old 07-01-09, 10:46 AM
lex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...xus-owner.html
Old 07-01-09, 11:19 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

to me lexus have better loaner car services. overall they have more loaners at each dealerships in general. for my bmw, some dealerships they don't have loaners at all, some they only give loaners if you buy your cars from them (screw them), and some you have to make appointments 2 weeks ahead of time.

a lot of times i also think lexus is more willing to go out of their way to help fix things, though imho in recent years that has gone down a little bit
Old 07-01-09, 11:32 AM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Sandi_k
OK, so it looks like I'll be getting a 2010 RX350, and I've been on this forum for a few months. In that time, I've heard some discussion of Lexus "perks" - like loaners during service, or car washes at the dealership.

Having never owned a Lexus before, I'm curious about what the typical ownership expectations actually are for this car. What does your dealer do for you as a Lexus owner that other dealers do not for their clientele?

Sandi
it will vary from dealer to dealer, but generally, Lexus has the best customer service that I've experienced right from the start when I pull the car in for service.

If you post up the dealer that you might be getting your RX from, some members can chime and give them their input (or will scare you away)
Old 07-01-09, 11:48 AM
PAULGS430
Lexus Test Driver

My local Lexus dealership also offers complimentary hair cuts at the nice local barbershop or men's or women's manicure & pedicure at nice local spa. They will drop you off & pick you up! They have a great waiting area with stock frig. w/soda & drinks. Coffee,donuts for morning drop off & Sony playstation for the kids. Expect a great service experience! I remember once I got to the dealership late for my service & they ran out of cars. They called the rental place & all they had left was a Cadillac Escalade. That's what they gave me to keep overnight.
Old 07-01-09, 11:52 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

some sporting events have lexus VIP parking only, lets you park much closer to the stadium
Old 07-01-09, 01:06 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

if lexus provided 4 year 50000mi free maintenance, they would be the bestest in the world.

but right now, i say meh to lexus 'perks'.
Old 07-01-09, 02:40 PM
SCRUFFDOGG
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bottom line is it will vary from dealer to dealer across any make of vehicle. Expect it to be different each time you go to the same dealer, unless it's in writing as part of your contract don't expect anything the salesman says above the contract. Now if you do get all the perks people claim it's a bonus right

Personally I didn't get anything above and beyond good service I would expect at any good car dealership.
Old 07-01-09, 02:47 PM
duboseq
Pole Position

Lexus of Tampa Has a lounge area complete with 50+ inch plasma contenintal breakfast and Soda/Coffe/Expresso bar!

When my ISF was in for scheduled service I got an ISF loaner.

Can you guess what I was doing with that car?
Old 07-01-09, 02:57 PM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The newer models have cooled seats; it helps keep your ***** cool in the summer months - that's a huge perk in my book.

Oh, and yeah as many mentioned, the other "perks" are hit-and-miss and totally dependent on the dealer IMO. Read a few threads back where someone got a Corolla loaner from their dealer quite a bit different than an IS-F loaner the poster right above me received...

This is an excellent 2000th post!
Old 07-01-09, 03:33 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 92 SC400
The newer models have cooled seats; it helps keep your ***** cool in the summer months - that's a huge perk in my book.

Oh, and yeah as many mentioned, the other "perks" are hit-and-miss and totally dependent on the dealer IMO. Read a few threads back where someone got a Corolla loaner from their dealer quite a bit different than an IS-F loaner the poster right above me received...

This is an excellent 2000th post!
Excellent, the perks I mean. But my car is so reliable it doesn't spend much time at the dealer.
Old 07-01-09, 09:09 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Heck, I have a perk for you. Few months back my 92 LS was in to have power steering rack and pump changed. Had my car for about 3 days while they completely looked over my car to identify anything else which may be needed. Put me in a BRAND NEW (400 miles on the clock) ES350, after looking around the lot for 20 minutes and not having an LS430 to loan out. Far more than what I was expecting. New car loan for one that is 17 years old.
Old 07-01-09, 10:04 PM
bad co
Lexus Champion

I think all these perks are in every luxo dealership. I go to Loeber Mercedes with my Benz's. Free wifi, great bagels, starbucks coffee, juice bar. Big tv. C class loaners (new chassi w204) Free car wash's etc...
Old 07-01-09, 10:11 PM
bad co
Lexus Champion

I think all these perks are in every luxo dealership. I go to Loeber Mercedes with my Benz's. Free wifi, great bagels, starbucks coffee, juice bar. Big tv. C class loaners (new chassi w204) Free car wash's etc...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tell Me About Lexus "Perks"?