Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2010 LS 460 "Sport"

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-09, 11:01 AM
GS3Tek

Received 163 Likes on 124 Posts

I'm tingling a little. Glad that lexus is finally listening
Old 06-24-09, 11:07 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 185 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
I recall hearing that because of the rear suspension setup on the Touring, they cannot add the executive package. I think it had something to do with the rear stabilizer bars interfering, but I am not sure.
in japan you can get touring with rear seat upgrade, so i don't see why it can't be done on LHD cars though
Old 06-24-09, 11:37 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,151 Likes on 1,392 Posts

you drive an LS and you think "wonderfully smooth and refined and quiet".
you drive an S-Class and you think "holy crap".

lexus needs more passion!
Old 06-24-09, 11:39 AM
RX469
Pole Position

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by The G Man
I totally agree with that statement, the LS have such a nice power train, it can be so much more of a car. Sounds like this sport version will be another half ares attempt to make a full size sport saden. Lexus need to either get serious about getting into the mid size and full size sport sedan market or just stick to their luxury ride theme.
Thanks G Man, I see allot of people expressing their fustrations with the blurring design lines of the Lexus-Toyota lineup. A quick glance in the direction of a LS could look like a ES or Camry. Really.
As well as not having a real sports oriented lineup to choose from, hence the germans have open doors to steal market share even if the buyers keep their cars only for the duration of the manufacturers warranty, then it's still another sale lost to Lexus.

The new IS is nice but it does not excite like the 3 Series <which is it's target> There's also no coupe

The IS-F is nice also, but definately does not excite like the M3

The GS is nice but there's no answer for the M5

The SC has reached the end of the road

The germans do make cars drivers want to drive. The japanese makes cars people need to drive.
Old 06-24-09, 11:58 AM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
you drive an LS and you think "wonderfully smooth and refined and quiet".
you drive an S-Class and you think "holy crap".

lexus needs more passion!
That's a pretty good assessment of it; I think a lot of people have the same emotions too when they just see the two cars. I can think of numerous times walking through a parking lot, seeing a S550/63 parked, and actually seeing people slow down to have a look whereas with the LS people don't even seem to have a second glance.

To those who have mentioned the LS looking like a Camry, while I disagree for the most part, my co-worker who has an LS460 confused their car with a newer generation Camry of the same color. Coming back from lunch they walked up to this Camry grabbed the handle and said "wth my key isn't working!" Needless to say we all had a good laugh at their expense... haha

I hope this doesn't open a new can of worms but it's funny how Lexus is not the Japanese MB, but I found it interesting that the only car anyone has drawn comparison to in this thread is what, the S class?
Old 06-24-09, 12:05 PM
I6turbo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

The S-550 with SPORT Package feels very nice on the road -- significantly more sporting and overall more engaging drive than a stock suspension LS430 or 460.

HOWEVER, to me, the S-550 WITHOUT Sport Package feels wallowy and uninspiring, and IMO is a less desirable vehicle than the LS. Those two S-class cars (Sport and non-Sport) are worlds apart in my on-the-road assessment (based upon my multiple test drives of ~6 or 7 different '07 models when I was contemplating getting one a few months ago).

I would like to have an S 550 Sport. I would have little interest in a non-sport -- I think I'd rather have and LS even at the same money. There's that much difference in them IMO.
Old 06-24-09, 12:27 PM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by RX469
Thanks G Man, I see allot of people expressing their fustrations with the blurring design lines of the Lexus-Toyota lineup. A quick glance in the direction of a LS could look like a ES or Camry. Really.
As well as not having a real sports oriented lineup to choose from, hence the germans have open doors to steal market share even if the buyers keep their cars only for the duration of the manufacturers warranty, then it's still another sale lost to Lexus.

The new IS is nice but it does not excite like the 3 Series <which is it's target> There's also no coupe

The IS-F is nice also, but definately does not excite like the M3

The GS is nice but there's no answer for the M5

The SC has reached the end of the road

The germans do make cars drivers want to drive. The japanese makes cars people need to drive.
Thats ashame, Lexus have some pretty good power trains. Why not invest some R&D money into the suspension. A high performance sport sedan that is also reliable, now thats a car I wouldnt mind paying a litttle more for.
Old 06-24-09, 05:26 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 200 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by 92 SC400
That's a pretty good assessment of it; I think a lot of people have the same emotions too when they just see the two cars. I can think of numerous times walking through a parking lot, seeing a S550/63 parked, and actually seeing people slow down to have a look whereas with the LS people don't even seem to have a second glance.
I have people told me the S-class always catch their attention because of how horribly ugly it's rear end looks . It's actually one of the main reasons I didn't get one(I spent 6 months deciding between the 2, and 4 more months to change my mind after factory ordering the LS, so I came pretty close to getting a S550). The front end looks good but that's about it.
Old 06-24-09, 05:42 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 92 SC400
To those who have mentioned the LS looking like a Camry, while I disagree for the most part, my co-worker who has an LS460 confused their car with a newer generation Camry of the same color. Coming back from lunch they walked up to this Camry grabbed the handle and said "wth my key isn't working!" Needless to say we all had a good laugh at their expense... haha
They must all have failing eyesights, seriously I have real problem believing your story, when he is as close to the car where he can grab the handle, he can definitely see the inside, & no one can claim the inside would look remotely the same as the Camry, I will never believe it unless I see it with my own eyes, & even then, I would fault their eyesight, not the looks of the car.
Old 06-24-09, 05:52 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
They must all have failing eyesights, seriously I have real problem believing your story, when he is as close to the car where he can grab the handle, he can definitely see the inside, & no one can claim the inside would look remotely the same as the Camry, I will never believe it unless I see it with my own eyes, & even then, I would fault their eyesight, not the looks of the car.
if anything at all, es350 would be a closer "mix up"
Old 06-24-09, 05:57 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by rominl
if anything at all, es350 would be a closer "mix up"
still not when you're standing right next to it, the interior is much different between the ES and the LS, & come-on, you own a LS460, & you can't even recognize the different looking rims a feet away from it ???
Old 06-24-09, 06:17 PM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SZ? SZR Supra? Coincidence?
Old 06-24-09, 06:19 PM
felixsc300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like this Lexus LS460 SZ.
Old 06-24-09, 06:28 PM
ffpowerLN
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DNA?

The LS DNA is to be quiet, luxurious and provide the most comfortable and cushy ride with above average (read: not sports car like) yet confident handling.

No, the LS is not going to out run the 7-series in the slalom or skipad and no, it is probably not going to out-prestige the S-class with its presence but it does best for what it is: The Lexus flagship.

I've said this and I'll say it again...

I DON'T want a Lexus 3/5/7-series nor a Lexus C/ES-class, if I do then I'll head to my local BMW or MB dealership.
Old 06-24-09, 08:22 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
still not when you're standing right next to it, the interior is much different between the ES and the LS, & come-on, you own a LS460, & you can't even recognize the different looking rims a feet away from it ???
hehhee, i can only guess so much you know i can never understand how people mix up their cars to begin with

Quick Reply: 2010 LS 460 "Sport"