Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

People that flick their cigerettes in traffic.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-09, 05:02 PM
LexFather

Question People that flick their cigerettes in traffic.....

Saw this on another forum and what are your thoughts? I've been "lucky" that no one has flicked a cigerette where it went into my intake or actually inside my car but I've seen it hit my windshield before. To me it was like a slap in the face.

Anyone have any stories of people flicking cigerette butts at them? This is not an anti-smoke thread, hey if you want to smoke, go right ahead.

Old 04-22-09, 05:05 PM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

I've found cigarettes in my radiator and grill. It is a bit insulting when people do this, but in CA, it's usually one of these careless jack@sses who flicks a cig out the window and burns half the state down every year. Not cool.
Old 04-22-09, 05:42 PM
SLegacy99
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate this. Because you smoke that gives you the right to litter/throw hot crap in front of my car?
Old 04-22-09, 06:28 PM
IS350jet
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh, the anger that builds when I see this. Why so much anger? Because there isn't a ************ thing you can do about it. (at least not within the law.) Oh... how sometimes I wish I were a Cop!!!!!!
Old 04-22-09, 06:47 PM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I hate it, I would throw out something at them but I am not going to pollute the environment more.
Old 04-22-09, 06:55 PM
LexFather

Wait you are right, I have cleaned out butts from my air filter...lol

Old 04-22-09, 07:09 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

I hate how smokers think that cigerette butts aren't litter. They just toss them on the ground without thinking twice (right in front of anyone too!).

They should pay the $2,000 littering fine for each butt.

Old 04-22-09, 07:14 PM
Sup2jzgte
Lexus Test Driver

OOOOHHHHH how this pisses me off so much, honestly smokers around here are the most disrespectful people around. Not only do they toss their butts out the window after I washed my car and the ashes stick my wax, but they stand 3 feet from the entrance of restaurants/stores and think its ok to light up. My all time favorite are the idiots that blow their smoke out while walking into a place..............grrrrrrrr.
Old 04-22-09, 07:17 PM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX

Saw this on another forum and what are your thoughts? I've been "lucky" that no one has flicked a cigerette where it went into my intake or actually inside my car but I've seen it hit my windshield before. To me it was like a slap in the face.

Anyone have any stories of people flicking cigerette butts at them? This is not an anti-smoke thread, hey if you want to smoke, go right ahead.
I don't take things personally. I used to. People are going flick their cigarettes out the window, nothing I can do. I just hope it doesn't get into my intake

Here in Toronto...we have anti cigarette litter ads on the radio. This is a good approach but most people likely don't care
Old 04-22-09, 07:42 PM
bad co
Lexus Champion

I was driving in my friends trans am he had his t tops off some jerk off through his out his sunroof went up the windshield and flew past our heads it landed in the back seat leaving a nice burn . Its a funny story to tell but not to be a part off
Old 04-22-09, 08:11 PM
BLK98GS3
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Sup2jzgte
OOOOHHHHH how this pisses me off so much, honestly smokers around here are the most disrespectful people around. Not only do they toss their butts out the window after I washed my car and the ashes stick my wax, but they stand 3 feet from the entrance of restaurants/stores and think its ok to light up. My all time favorite are the idiots that blow their smoke out while walking into a place..............grrrrrrrr.
I know exactly what you mean. Smokers know that what they are doing is effecting their health and they know that it effects the people around them, but they don't care enough to stop.

They should really crack down on the people who throw their butts out the window. I don't fines are enough. Maybe they should have the people that get caught go out and clean the highways that they litter on.
Old 04-22-09, 08:18 PM
crapoud
Driver

Take revenge into your own hands, pull in front and throw a bunch of pennies!!! Just kidding!!!!
Old 04-22-09, 08:45 PM
GS300Turbo
Driver

i hate cigerettes.
Old 04-23-09, 12:54 PM
nn432100
Lead Lap

A few months after I got back from overseas I was out driving my brand new car and some dbag decided to throw their cig butt out the window. But this butt had wings and smacked into my windshield and the embers seriously freakin EXPLODED all over my car. I pretty much lost it and blinded them with my hi beams and they proceeded to freak out and pull over. The look of fright on their faces was enough for me to just drive off and laugh. Since then Ive taken anger management classes.

In the military we always have designated smoking areas but you are guaranteed to find a cig butts all over the place. At the end of the day we have a police call(garbage pickup) and everyone has to do it. You can always tell who doesn't smoke cause we are the ones complaining about all the cig butts ALL OVER THE FREAKIN PLACE! Thanks smokers.
Old 04-23-09, 01:02 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by JLSC4
I hate how smokers think that cigerette butts aren't litter. They just toss them on the ground without thinking twice (right in front of anyone too!).

They should pay the $2,000 littering fine for each butt.

Yes, good revenue producer.

Quick Reply: People that flick their cigerettes in traffic.....