Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Last Jaguar XJ rolls off the line, Jaguar releases new teaser for XJ flagship

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-09, 05:51 PM
LexFather

Default Last Jaguar XJ rolls off the line, Jaguar releases new teaser for XJ flagship

Introduced back in 2002 and facelifted in 2007, the production of the current Jaguar XJ has come to an end. Although the manufacturer did not announce a new version we are sure that the new XJ will make its debut in July, as our sources reported few weeks ago.

Dubbed as Project X351, it started out as a simple reskin of the present XJ model, but as the project progressed its engineering became more expanded making the K351 the first Jaguar flagship to be introduced with a re-engineered body and new powerplants. More details regarding the upcoming Jaguar XJ here.

http://www.4wheelsnews.com/jag...n-end/

Old 04-16-09, 05:52 PM
LexFather

Next?

Old 04-16-09, 08:27 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

God I hope not. The current one is hot as hell, that is FUGLY.
Old 04-16-09, 08:30 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

The XJ is a sexy car. It caries the original shape that made the Jaguar so distictive. Kind of like a 911, you cant mistake it for anything else. The new Jag looks great, but its more of a me to car. It looks like a sexy Lexus with *****, but its no classic Jag.
Old 04-16-09, 09:11 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

That is GORGEOUS...
Old 04-17-09, 02:35 AM
DustinV
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The XJ was always the diva in this class. The design was pure classiness and elegance to me with a hue, just a hue of sport in the design. What I always liked about this XJ generation was that Jaguar finally addressed the lack of comfortable space in the rear. If you sit in the previous models, you will notice how tight and short they were on leg space.
Old 04-17-09, 03:02 AM
Parker Gen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That XJ would look hot on the road!
Old 04-17-09, 03:33 AM
BMwhat?
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i thought the x351 was cancelled when ford sold jag to tata?

off topic but how is the reliability on the 07+ XJ?
Old 04-17-09, 10:49 AM
19psi
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

welli'm looking forward to the new Xj when it comes out. hopefully something will trigger some sales at our lot, because the XF hasn't done much and i'm going broke wiating for cars to come in to work on!
Old 04-17-09, 12:57 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It will be missed, certainly a unique car.
Old 04-17-09, 04:06 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

The xj is a legend, so many people will be pissed if the next one isn't like this. The xj is just the car people think of when you think jag, this or the coupe.
Old 04-18-09, 09:10 PM
LexFather

I love the current one, I think its incredible. Sadly it does look nearly like the last one.

I hope the new one does look like those pics.

Old 04-20-09, 08:16 AM
19psi
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CHI2BFLO
The xj is a legend, so many people will be pissed if the next one isn't like this. The xj is just the car people think of when you think jag, this or the coupe.
yes it's a legend, but a terrible selling legend. far too outdated and behind the times in terms of performance and styling. they need to make it completely unlike any XJ ever in order to keep up. just my opinion from working on them everyday at the dealer...
Old 04-20-09, 10:37 AM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 19psi
yes it's a legend, but a terrible selling legend. far too outdated and behind the times in terms of performance and styling. they need to make it completely unlike any XJ ever in order to keep up. just my opinion from working on them everyday at the dealer...
I agree. The XJ was at its best in the 1980's and early 1990's...I remember when it had a V12.

Sad to say it but the XJ is just not competitive compared to the other flagship cars. Its kind of like comparing the old outdated Ford Ranger to the Toyota Tacoma.

The future of flagship luxury cars is up in the air IMO. There will always be a market for them but nowhere as near as big as it once was so it might be a good thing Jaguar is abandoning the flagship market right now.
Old 04-20-09, 04:11 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts
Default Jaguar releases new teaser for XJ flagship

The new XJ will be revealed for the first time at a special presentation in London on July 9th

Jaguar releases new teaser for XJ flagship

Jaguar is only months away from revealing next-generation XJ saloon, which is scheduled for a debut on July 9th at a special presentation in London before going on sale by the end of the year. Speaking at the Shanghai Motor Show today, Jaguar Mike O'Driscoll released some new details about the upcoming flagship along with a teaser image and new video.

The new XJ will be the first model feature the next-generation of Jaguar's aerospace-inspired aluminum body architecture, and it will be available with the carmaker’s latest 3.0L V6 turbodiesel and 510hp 5.0L supercharged petrol V8. A plug-in hybrid variant is also rumored to be launched one year after the regular model, though no confirmation has been made on this yet.

As indicated by this new teaser, Jaguar designers have focused on alleviating many of the current XJ’s criticisms – namely the outdated styling and lack of engine options. One insider who had seen concept sketches for the car described it as looking like the C-XF’s features had been draped over an Aston Martin Rapide.

Previous spy shots revealed that the headlights will likely share some XF traits, though the rear could get fully-modern LED units of a unique design, possibly sharing hints of the Bentley Continental GT Flying Spur – one of the cars Jaguar would eventually like to rival with its new XJ.

High-tech features inside are said to include pressure sensing buttons, combined with backlit glass panels and the retracting transmission selector **** used in the XF.
Source

Quick Reply: Last Jaguar XJ rolls off the line, Jaguar releases new teaser for XJ flagship