Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Special Review: 2010 Lexus RX350

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-09, 04:58 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Special Review: 2010 Lexus RX350

By multiple-CL member request, a Review of the 2010 Lexus RX350

http://www.lexus.com/models/RX/

In a Nutshell: A superb all-weather, multi-use, daily driver (one of the best), and a personal favorite of mine.

A number of you have requested, and have been waiting for, the new, redesigned, 2010 RX350 review (which is not surprising, on a primarily Lexus forum), so here you are. They are just starting to come into D.C. area dealerships right now (I got to drive and review one of the first ones today). The RX, for a number of reasons, has always been one of my favorite AWD, SUV-type vehicles....I've had a high opinion of them since they were first introduced. That generally high opinion continues into the newest 2010 version. For the money, I find Subarus, and their tried-and- true AWD systems, in general, hard to beat, but the RX350 is one of the few AWD vehicles that I think may be worth the extra money over the typical Subaru.....for those who have the money in today's economy, of course. The RX, of course, is not a sport-oriented vehicle, but that means little to me, as I tend to like comfort and refinement more than track-blistering performance. The sales figures over the last ten years shows that much of
the public agrees as well....the RX has consistantly been one of the best-selling Lexus products, especially in bad-weather and suburban areas.

Lexus introduced the first RX300 in the late 1990s, as one of the first upmarket, car-based AWD, crossover SUVs. It was actually a somewhat more refined version of the Camry-based Toyota Highlander, with better trim inside, more luxury features, different (and more raked) body styling, and, of course, more sound insulation. Major updates, since then, have been engine upgrades to 3.3 and 3.5 liters for the V6, a couple of restylings, more gears for the automatic transmissions, and the addititon of a very complex Hybrid model with one V6 gas engine and 3 electric motors.....one on each rear wheel.

The RX series, in general, has been virtually bulletproof through the years, though it has suffered from one or two reliability problems. Like other Toyota/Lexus veicles with the same powerplant, the 3.0L V6 engines were prone to oil gelling and sludging if the oil and filter was not changed at regular intervals. This, in general, was due to the design of the narrow oil passages which made the oil run hot. There were no problems if you kept the oil and filter changed at reasonable intervals, but many people didn't......and this engine just was not forgiving of neglect, as its sister in-line 3.0L six was. Eventually, Toyota/Lexus reached a factory agreement with affected owners....and a lot of engine repairs and replacements were done with extended warranties. There were also some minor issues with quirky automatic transmission-shifting characteristics and ECU computer updates, but, in general, the RX has had a stellar, consistantly above-average reliability rating from Consumer Reports.

For 2010, the new and redesigned RX350 comes in two versions.....an RX350 FWD and an RX350 AWD. Both use more or less the same 3.5L V6 engine as last year, with some minor tweaks, and a creamy-smooth 6-speed automatic transmission with manual Sport-shift. A new Hybrid version will debut in April. In this area (D.C. Metro), the AWD version far outsells the FWD.....most Lexus shops here don't even order FWDs, unless the customer requests it. RX Hybrids have also been fairly popular here, but are pricey, and even the non-Hybrid models are not cheap. FWD models, however, sell better further south and in the huge Southern California market, where winter driving is not a factor.

The Lexus shop I was at today had 3 new RX350s....the first ones off the truck here. One, a beautiful White Pearl one with Ivory Leather, after PDI, was rolled into the showroom as a display; one was being sold to a customer as I walked in, and the third (the one I reviewed) was a dark gray one, with black leather, intended as the Demo one.....and, as you can see from the list below, rather heavily loaded with options.

So, out came my notebook.......and on with the review:

Model Reviewed: 2010 Lexus RX350 AWD

Base Price: $38,200

Options:

Comfort package: $2000

NAV System: $2440

Premium Package: $2400

Power Rear Liftgate: $238

Wood/Leather Steering wheel/Shift ****: $330

Cargo Mat: $92

Glass Breakage Sensors: $205

Remote Start System: $375

Ball Tow Hitch: $650

Wheel Locks: $81

12-Speaker Premium Audio: $110

Destination/Freight: $825

List Price as Reviewed: $47,946

Drivetrain: AWD with center differential lock, Transverse-mounted, 3.5L V6, 275 HP @ 6200 RPM, Torque 257 Ft-lbs. @ 4700 RPM,
6-speed automatic transmission with manual Sport-Shift and Snow Mode.

EPA Mileage Rating: 18 City, 24 Highway

Exterior Color: Smoky Granite Mica (Dark Gray)

Interior: Black Perforated Leather with Walnut trim.

PLUSSES:

An excellent combination of versatility and refinement.

Quiet, butter-smooth V6.

Slick, butter-smooth 6-speed automatic transmission.

Slick-operating transmission shifter, despite the zig-zag shift pattern.

Reasonably smooth ride comfort (but with some porposing).

Relatively quiet ride, free of wind and road noise.

Good ground clearance for snow, mild off-roading, and cleaning underneath.

Lower-body cladding helps ward off road-debris damage.

Superlative paint job.

Classy paint colors.

Comfortable, reasonably well-bostered front seats.

Nice-quality seat leather.

Power tilt/telescope steering wheel.

Dazzing Steering-wheel and shifter Walnut wood trim.

First-Aid kit in the trunk.

Remote trunk-mounted release for rear seats.

Excellent headroom, front and rear.

Excellent legroom, front and rear.

Solid exterior sheet metal, trim, and hardware.

Clear, well-designed, easy-to-read gauges.

Solid, slick-operating climate *****/buttons.

Effective Heat/AC system.

Excellent stereo sound (not quite as good as on the Lexus LS460 Mark Levinson unit).

Classy chrome exterior trim.

Very well-finished trunk/cargo area.

Quality interior trim/panel materials.

DVD entertainment screens built into the rear of the front seats for back-seat passengers.

MINUSES:

Pricey with options.

Ho-Hum acceleration with the AWD model.

Relatively slow steering response.

Marked body roll in brisk cornering.

Slight porpoise-like ride motions.

Slightly spongy brakes.

Temporary spare tire new this year.

Very poor underhood layout.

Rather complex stereo controls.

Ball-Mouse-type NAV adjuster rather gimmicky (IMO).

Poor rear-quarter visibility.

Very dark-tinted rear side windows.

No third-row seating options available.

EXTERIOR:

For those of you who have gotten used to the look of former RX300/330/350's, you will probably feel pretty much at home with the new 2010 model. As you firstwalk up to it, there is not a huge amount of exterior styling change from the 2008/2009 model. The headlights are a little sleeker, the taillights are shaped differently, the D-Pillars in back are a little more raked, (which affects outward vision, as we will see below), and the grille points downwards in front a little more. But in general, 20/80-vision Granny could take off her glasses and pretty much make this out as a new RX. Lexus stylists, having had great success with the sales and general popularity of the former models, were, understandibly, hesitant to make any major changes to the latest one, at least on the outside (and, there aren't really that many changes inside, either, except for the center-dash/console controls and back-seat DVD screens).

Sheet-metal quality, as on the old RX, is excellent, and all four doors, hood, and hatch lid shut precisely and solidly...a power rear-decklid is part of the Premium Package. The paint job, as with virtually all Lexus products, pretty much sets the industry standard, although several other manufacturers, as I have noted in other reviews, are catching up. Paint colors, despite most of them being on the dull side, are classy, especially the beautiful White Pearl and Matador Red....I would choose either of those two colors in a heartbeat. Trim quality is excellent, well-finished, and well-attached. There is a black belt of lower-body cladding, 3 or 4 inches wide, that runs all the way around both sides and rear to prevent paint damage from road debris, and plenty of ground clearance for deep snow, mud, and just for getting the hose underneath to clean all that stuff off. Classy chrome strips adorn the lower part of the doors, and additional chrome strips are on the grille, window frames, and deck-lid. This is a true luxury vehicle outside. The new standard tires this year are tall 60-series for ride comfort, actually TALLER profile than last year's 55's (2010 Sport-package models get 55s), but the additional sidewall height doesn't necessarily give a smoother ride because of the change this year to a Honda-style wishbone suspension...more on that below. The tinted rear-side windows on my sample RX were quite dark....I had some trouble looking through them just to write down the sticker-price data and options that I always do with reviews, though sometimes I can get that on a computer printout. Let's hope that Lexus did not tint the windows to the point that it runs into legal problems in some states.....cops will sometimes stop people for that.

UNDERHOOD:

Open the reasonably solid hood, and two nice gas struts hold it up for you. A nice underhood insulation pad is attached underneath, and it definitely works...more on that below (it BETTER work.....Lexus products are supposed to run quietly). I took one look at the underhood layout, however, and wanted to just shut the hood again and walk away.....it was awful. The ubiquitous, transversely-mounted Lexus 3.5L V6 sits down in a hole on the left side of the compartment, surrounded by large plastic panels and covers. To add insult to injury, even the engine has a big plastic cover on it that blocks access to most of its upper components. I know there are some of you who feel that the battery is better off covered up (we have discussed that in previous reviews), but I'm not convinced. Nor do many of the fluid reservoirs appear to be easily accessable...they are all, except one, covered up as well. It's designs like this that probably explain why many service and repair shops charge up to $100 an hour for labor like they do.

INTERIOR:

With a couple of exceptions, former RX fans will pretty much feel at home inside as well as with the outside. The main exception will probably be the new NAV screen design and the wobble-****/mouse control on the console. Much has been written and hyped in the automotive press (and in 1SICKLEX's review of the new RX) about this new feature, but, in all honesty, I wasn't terribly impressed with it. Mike (1SICK)....nothing on you personally; I know you like the feature, and I respect your opinion. But I found that the mouse **** produces somewhat clumsy jerks of the cursor jumping around the NAV screen, somewhat like using the ball-adjusters on old PCs, and was hard to adjust smoothly, even when the car was sitting still. And, like most NAV-stereo control integrations, the combination of screen and ****/lever controls is rather complex, althouugh the screen itself is of huge quality resolution, and figures/icons read clearly. And the stereo/climate control buttons/***** themselves, like on most Lexus products, are well-done and slick-operating.

Outside of the NAV/mouse system, Hoewever, I could find virtually NOTHING else inside to complain about.....this is a superb interior, even though it doesn't have quite as much wood trim on the dash as I would like (a very minor point). All of the materials used.....trim, door panels, *****, buttons, stalks, dash liner, upholstery, headliner, sun visors, range in quality from better-than average to superb. The seat leather has a smooth, even look and feel, rather than the grainy, rough stuff you find in many competitiors. The seats are very comfortable, supportive, and fairly well-bolstered, though the somewhat floppy handling on this vehicle does not require sports-car seats.....more on that below. The dual climate control system (Lexus, Like GM, is known for effective heat/AC systems) doesn't fool around...it gets right to work. The steering wheel is handsome, well-shaped, has excellent leather and wood on both the upper and lower parts, and is a delight to hold. The gauges are clear, easily read, and have the usual Lexus white electroluminiscent back-lighting....one of my favorites. The center console is specially-designed to adapt to phones, Bluetooth, and I-Pod (I don't usually get into that in much detail, in reviews, because I don't use those things). The steering column has power-operation for both tilt and telescope features, and memory function........as do the memory full-power seats. There is loads of headroom up front, even for tall persons, especially with the power-seats adjusted down all the way (and even with the sunroof's housing).....legroom is also good. In back, headroom and legroom are also good. With the seat adjusted up front where I usually keep it, I was able to get in back and have plenty of room for my knees, and footroom getting in and out the door, which, in my experience, is unusual. Headroom, in back, was also good.....the roofline does not start its slant-down until the heads of tall people in back are cleared. Big, easy, convienient levers control the split-rear seat folding for cargo (it can also be done from the rear end....more on that below), and big DVD screens are built into the backs of the front seats for rear-seat passengers, right in front of them, to use. As in other Lexus products, smooth, silky pull-down compartments drop out of the lower part of the doors to carry things. All in all, a Class-A interior....and one of the car's
best points.

CARGO AREA/TRUNK:

Open the solid rear hatch (a power-closing mechanism, as I noted before, is a package-option), and you are treated to a very nice, impressively well-finished cargo area. Plush carpeting covers the floor and walls, color-matching the rest of the interior. The traditional Lexus First-Aid kit is mounted on the right-side wall. Both side walls have large, easy-to-pull, built-in levers that remotely drop the split-rear seats for you. A pull-shade cover rolls back and clips in to hide contents from prying eyes. But the pull-cover doesn't hide the whole gap....you have to clip on two additional smaller hang-covers in front of it to the back seats, when they are raised, to hide everything; a small bit of inconvienence (and, of course, unclip them when the seats are dropped). The cargo area itself is reasonably large, but you can't compare it with, say, the LX570's. It is, again, reasonably well-shaped for taller items, but the rear roof drop-down limits what can be carried in the extreme rear, next to the lid. The roofline is also probably the reason why Lexus chose not to put in a 3rd-row seat option for kids...the extra seat, in this size vehicle, would not give much room, even for kids or small adults. With only two seats, there is good legroom and headroom in back.....as I noted above. The Owners' Manual and other related booklets are kept, with a leather-wrapped binder, in a small compartment inder the trunk floor....and, under that compartment, is a significant step backwards from the 2008-2009 models, which (properly) had a real spare tire and wheel. Yep, the new 2010 now has a temporary spare. Even Lexus is not immune from automotive cost-cutting these days.

ON THE ROAD:

Start it up with the usual (for this vehicle class) proximity key and push-button. The ubiquitous 3.5L V6 responds from that hole down in the left side of the underhood compartment with a turbine-smooth and almost totally quiet idle. Yes.....this is a Lexus. You could probably set a glass of water on the hood and not tell if the engine was running or not. Bring back the sikly-smooth shift lever through the zig-zag pattern into D and take off (yes, the ziggy pattern is annoying, but this transmission is so nice that I didn't mind). The engine and exhaust are almost library-quiet at low speeds and RPMs, though there is some exhaust chuffle if you put your foot into it. But acceleration, while not necessarily sluggish, will not give you much of a shove in the back......the weight, AWD, and comfort-oriented transmission characteristics take a toll on available torque. Just sit back, enjoy the comfort and quietness of this vehicle, and don't go around trying to drag-race Camaros and Mustangs.....you'll lose.

The 6-speed automatic transmission, as I hinted at above, is silky-smooth, quiet, and seamless in its operation, whether in full-auto or manual Sport-Shift mode. I also didn't notice any transmission flares or any other odd starting/shifting quirks like there were in some previous RX, ES, and IS models. But, you can't always tell from a brand-new vehicle.....sometimes problems pop up later.

Ride comfort, despite the switch to taller 60-series tires from lower-profile 55's last year, though basically OK, wasn't quite what I had expected, based on some past RX models. This may (?) be because of the switch this year to a Honda-type wishbone suspension, together with new spring/shock rates. There was also a small amount of the fore/aft porposing motion that is typical with high-stance SUVs....but not enough to be uncomfortable. Bumps could be felt, but were not harsh or uncomfortable....certainly not as bumpy as in the IS250/350.

Steering response, as one would expect from an RX, was mediocre, with marked understeer, despite the AWD, and there was marked body roll in brisk cornering......but, again, this is a comfort-oriented SUV, not a vehicle designed to charge around corners with Mazda Miatas and Honda S2000s. The handling was on the sluggish side, but not unsafe....the front end went where you pointed it, but just took a little time doing it. Road noise, as befits a Lexus SUV, was extremely well-damped. Wind noise was generally well-damped, but a small amount could be heard, even with all of the windows and doors closed tightly, above about 50 MPH or so. The brakes had some initial sponginess, but not an excessive amount like on new Corollas and some full-size SUV's, and generally responded OK once the pedal was pushed down a few inches. There were no problems with pedal hang-ups with my big, size-15 clown-shoes.

There is a push-button differential lock on the console for going in tough, low-traction, on-pavement conditions, and for mild off-roading, but, unlike its sister Lexus GX470 and LX570, the RX is not designed for serious or tough off-road use. It is primarily an on-pavement, all-weather machine for multi-use, with good versatility. And DON'T use the differential lock on dry pavement.....it mimics the locked-drivetrain characteristics of part-time, truck-based 4X4 systems, and can lead to tire-scrubbing, windup, or other driveline damage while cornering on dry pavement.

THE VERDICT:

Yes, I like the new RX, despite the quirky Mouse-NAV/stereo system, distinctly un-sporting road manners, and disgusting underhood layout. It has few peers whan it comes to combining versatility, luxury, refinement, build quality, reliability, and ease of driving. It is not cheap....and the new Hybrid version coming in April is likely to cost even more, but is not unduly expensive considering what you get. And the bad economy, of course, and depressed auto sales (though not necessarily in the affluent D.C. area) means that many dealerships will probably discount. I like the vehicle enough, myself, that I would consider it as a possible replacement for my Outback, although the Outback, IMO, is another vehicle that is hard to beat for the money. And I would definitely choose an RX without the NAV system or some of the other high-tech options that I wouldn't use....for me, they would be just a waste of money.

The sales figures for the RX show that my opinion is not alone, either.....it has had great appeal nationwide, and has outsold most other luxury SUV's. The RX does not seem to be a so-called "Image" or "Stereotype" vehicle either, despite some of the incorrect (and inacurate) comments I've heard about it being a "Chick" or "Soccer-Mom" car. The RX seems to be for a wide range of people.....young and old, male and female alike.

Last edited by mmarshall; 02-13-09 at 05:39 PM.
Old 02-13-09, 05:23 PM
SC400Dude
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I totally agree with you
We just got a couple in a few days ago and what you're saying is pretty accurate with how I feel...Thanks for the thorough review dude!
Old 02-13-09, 05:34 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SC400Dude
I totally agree with you
We just got a couple in a few days ago and what you're saying is pretty accurate with how I feel...Thanks for the thorough review dude!
Sure. Anytime.

It was a pleasure reviewing this vehicle, despite its few down points.
Old 02-13-09, 05:36 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You've got another winning review, Mike!

I got to see and play with the RX350 and RX450h yesterday at the Lexus Inspired Event in Beverly Hills last night (but unfortunately, no test rides).

I must agree with you about the interior. It's very plush and elegant, without being too overdone. Some people complain that the door panels and seats are boring, but it was pleasing to the eye, and will stand the test of time, rather than becoming easily outdated. The "mouse" was very easy to use, especially if you are computer savvy. If it was too loose, I think there is a way to adjust the mouse's sensitivity. Otherwise, I find it very intuitive.

The exterior design in print does not do justice compared to seeing the car in person. There are small details to the RX's new design that is very pleasing: the wave of the front grill, the subtlety of the door handle's functions, the slimming black rocker body kit, the almond-shaped profile of the windows; I was surprised seeing it in person. The LED lights and grill of the Hybrid impressed me; check out the photos I took -- I love it! Overall, Lexus made significant changes without being too dramatic about it. Subtle changes = repeat customers.

Old 02-13-09, 05:47 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
You've got another winning review, Mike!
Thanks, Phil. Lexus, of course, is the one with the winner here.

I got to see and play with the RX350 and RX450h yesterday at the Lexus Inspired Event in Beverly Hills last night (but unfortunately, no test rides).
It's nice just to sit in them...driving or not.

I must agree with you about the interior. It's very plush and elegant, without being too overdone. Some people complain that the door panels and seats are boring, but it was pleasing to the eye, and will stand the test of time, rather than becoming easily outdated. The "mouse" was very easy to use, especially if you are computer savvy. If it was too loose, I think there is a way to adjust the mouse's sensitivity. Otherwise, I find it very intuitive.
Yes, I knew there would be those who disagree with me about the mouse....I expected it, and welcome other opinions. I just find devices like that difficult and awkward to use, especially while the car is moving and hitting bumps, jerking your hand and fingers around.

The exterior design in print does not do justice compared to seeing the car in person. There are small details to the RX's new design that is very pleasing: the wave of the front grill, the subtlety of the door handle's functions, the slimming black rocker body kit, the almond-shaped profile of the windows; I was surprised seeing it in person. The LED lights and grill of the Hybrid impressed me; check out the photos I took -- I love it! Overall, Lexus made significant changes without being too dramatic about it. Subtle changes = repeat customers.
Yes, for the most part here, lexus was smart. Don't fool around with success. That was probably one of the reasons why BMW didn't let Chris Bangle screw up the 3-series redesign as much as he did the 5 and 7.
Old 02-13-09, 05:52 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another typically good review mmarshall.

It's encouraging that you are so impressed with it. You make such a concerted effort to be impartial during your reviews, that it certainly means something that you could justify it, like the Subbies.

Excellent timing, for us as well, thank you. We are currently shopping and while the new RX is still probably the wife's favorite, I can't wait to see your review of the new Q5. I just received pricing today, and from timing, to packaging, to pricing it seems like a true competitor to the new RX.
Old 02-13-09, 05:55 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 582 Likes on 401 Posts

Great review! I can't wait to take one for a spin myself
Old 02-13-09, 05:56 PM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

How do you differentiate between "classy" color choice vs "boring", which I have seen as a frequent critque?
Old 02-13-09, 06:01 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
Another typically good review mmarshall.
Thanks.

It's encouraging that you are so impressed with it. You make such a concerted effort to be impartial during your reviews, that it certainly means something that you could justify it, like the Subbies.
Subies, however, generally don't cost this kind of money, though STIs can run 40K.

Excellent timing, for us as well, thank you. We are currently shopping and while the new RX is still probably the wife's favorite, I can't wait to see your review of the new Q5. I just received pricing today, and from timing, to packaging, to pricing it seems like a true competitor to the new RX.
From what I saw at the D.C. Auto Show, the Q5 is a little smaller than the RX....it seems to be done on the A3 platform.

I won't be able to write it up, though, until Audi starts delivering them here. They seem to be dragging their feet a little. I have a number of Q5 requests, just like I did for the new RX.
Old 02-13-09, 06:02 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 161 Likes on 137 Posts

Great review mmarshall, I plan to take one out myself for a test once they are at dealers and report my findings.
Old 02-13-09, 06:04 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Allen K
Great review!
Thanks.

I can't wait to take one for a spin myself
I see you are in CA. If you are in the SoCal, they should be coming in by now. The SoCal/L.A. region is often the first place in the country to get many new automotive products......I don't know about the rest of the state.
Old 02-13-09, 06:09 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
I see you are in CA. If you are in the SoCal, they should be coming in by now. The SoCal/L.A. region is often the first place in the country to get many new automotive products......I don't know about the rest of the state.
Three local SoCal dealerships have "Release Parties" tonight, with test drives of the RX350. I was at Lexus of Cerritos this afternoon for service, and they had two '10 RX350 cruising around.

Today is the "official" first day of sale for the new RX.
Old 02-13-09, 06:10 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mmarshall

They are in Silicon Valley this weekend for viewing and driving.
Old 02-13-09, 06:10 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by tex2670
How do you differentiate between "classy" color choice vs "boring", which I have seen as a frequent critque?
OK....the way I see it, a color can be plain and boring, especially if you see it on vehicle after vehicle after vehicle, especially silvers, grays, and blacks. Many, if not most, vehicles offer the same 7 or eight colors....you find them in many of their brochures. Dark blues, dark reds, and dark greens also got rather boring after awhile. This is what I mean by the "funeral-home" color reference I often quote.....something you would probably paint a coffin with.

But you can also have "classy" colors, IMO, even if they are not particularly bright, sports-car-colors like chrome yellow or fire-engine red. Some of the new ice-blue silvers, silver-greens, burnt orange/copper, earth-tone browns, white pearl/micas and, of course, the fabulous Lexus Matador Red and Chrysler Inferno Red are good examples.

Last edited by mmarshall; 02-13-09 at 06:14 PM.
Old 02-13-09, 06:39 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thx for the review! There are release parties this weekend here in SoCal, as PhilipMSPT says.

Quick Reply: Special Review: 2010 Lexus RX350