Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Review: 2009 Nissan 370Z

Old 02-11-09, 03:52 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Review: 2009 Nissan 370Z

By CL member request, a Review of the 2009 Nissan 370Z

http://www.nissanusa.com/zcoupe/

In a Nutshell: Still with some quirks and cheap touches, but a marked quality improvement over the poorly-built 350Z.

I have some CL requests for a Nissan 370Z review, and while I'm still waiting for unsold samples to review of the new Audi Q5 and 2010 Lexus RX350 that several of you have requested, I thought I'd go ahead and do the 370Z review today. In my area, (Washington, D.C. metro area) 370Z models are now coming into dealerships, but are not lasting long, even with the nationwide auto buying recession that this area seems to have avoided somewhat (as it usually does). There were few samples of new unsold 370Z models at this Nissan shop (and most of the other local ones), so I decided to go ahead and review this one while I had the chance.

The 370Z is the latest version of a long line of Z-model Nissan/Datsun sports cars that trace their way back to the Datsun 240Z of 1970. Most, since then, have been classic 2-seaters, but some 2+2 models were built in the late 1970's. Turbo versions were built in the late 1980's and into the early-mid 90's, when most Japanese manufacturers pulled their high-powered sports cars from the American market due to increasing costs, lowering demand, and high insurance premiums. Those high premiums for young people were probably justified.....a close friend of mine (Rick) and I were walking down the street one day, near his house, when a young kid in a 300ZX came roaring down a ramp, bottomed out, careened into the street, and spun it out right into the curb, just a couple of feet from us.....fortunately, it just missed us, and neither one of us, or him, were hurt, but it tore up the wheels and lower-body good. The funny thing....and ironic.....was that Rick and I just happened to be talking about the 300ZX at the time.

Those upmarket Japanese sports cars began reappearing again in America after 2000, though, in slightly milder form...including the 370Z's predecessor, the 350Z. The 350Z, introduced with the well-respected Nissan 3.5L V6 in non-turbo form, brought back some of the 70's Z-vintage retro themes like the drop-down rear roof and the center-dash triplet gauge set that angled towards the driver, but quickly established itself as somewhat of a lemon in the reliability department. Early-model 350Zs suffered from defective suspenson parts, bad factory alignment settings, and uneven wear on tires that produced a copious amount of tire noise and poor traction. Nissan did a lot of re-alignments, suspension repairs/adjustments, and tire replacements under warranty....later 350Zs were better, but still not entirely free from those problems. In addition, the 350Z debuted during the height of Nissan/Renault chief Carlos Ghosn's famous cost-cutting moves, and suffered from dull-looking, flimsy interior parts/trim pieces that not looked and felt insultingly cheap, but also had a tendency to work loose or break, even without heavy use.

Fortunately, most of the quality, interior, and trim deficiencies of the 350Z seem to be gone in the 370Z, although, of course, only time will tell if the suspension and tires will hold up correctly. Not that the 370Z is perfect by any means (it gets a list of MINUSES, in my review, just like any other car does), but the overall quality difference between the 350Z and 370Z is noticeable, particularly inside. Those of you who bought or leased a 350Z and got burned need not necessarily turn your backs on the new 370Z...it offers some good features as well, particularly in its chassis and handling.

For 2009, two regular versions of the 370Z; a Base Coupe and a Touring, are available. The Nissan people say a 370Z convertible might be in the works in a year or two, but there is no firm schedule for it (end-of-year 350Z convertibles are still available now, if you want a open-air car). A special, limited-edition NISMO (Nissan Motorsports) model, which is a factory package with a full warranty, is available at select Nissan dealerships. Base and Touring models use a 3.7L VTEC V6 with 332 HP and 270 ft-lbs.of torque and have a choice of a 6-speed manual transmission, with optional, Sport-Package, Synchro-Rev that matches engine RPM for shifting, or a 7-speed automatic with manual Sport-Shift. The Nissan people say that the NISMO version has the same engine and manual transmission, but a different chassis/suspension package. I did not, in general, find the new engine and manual transmission one of the car's better features.....but more on that below.

The Nissan shop this morning (like most of the other local Nissan shops) didn't have much of a choice, so I reviewed one of the few available 370Zs on the lot (they had just sold a black NISMO last night). It was a silver, 6-speed manual, Touring model with the Sport Package and a stunning two-tone black/copper-orange leather interior that reminded me of the same two-tone combo in the Audi S5 I reviewed last December. That two-tone interior (Nissan calls it Parsimmon) is one of the standard choices in the Touring model, depending on exterior color.

Now let's see what the new 370Z is like.

Model Reviewed: 2009 Nissan 370Z Touring

Base Price: $34,460

Major Options:

Sport Package: $3000

NAV Package: $1850

Carpeted Floor Mats: $115

Destination/Freight: $695

List Price as Reviewed: $40,120

Drivetrain: RWD, Longitudional-mounted 3.7L CVTCS V6, 332 HP @ 7000 RPM, Torque, 270 Ft-lbs. @ 5200 RPM,
6-speed manual transmission, Limited-slip differential (included with Sport package).

EPA Mileage Rating: 18 City, 26 Highway

Exterior Color: Brilliant Silver

Interior: Persimmon Leather (two-tone)

PLUSSES:

Relatively quiet, refined engine.

Synchro-Rev system matches RPMs for manual shifting.

Dash-gear indicator helps prevent missed shifts and possible engine damage.

Quick, right-now steering response.

Good steering feel.

Flat cornering with little body roll.

Firm but not harsh rise, not bad for a sports car.

Good wind noise dampening.

Well-done brakes.

Good exterior and interior hardware.

Nice paint colors.

Overall interior quality much better than 350Z predecessor

Clear, easy-to-read tach/speedometer.

Comfortable, well-designed, fat-grip, leather-wrapped steering wheel.

Comfortable, form-fitting seats.

Nice, classy (IMO) two-tone black/copper interior.

Excellent artificial suede door trim inserts.

Excellent stereo sound quality.

Cargo space shallow but roomier than before.

Front and rear cross-body braces for chassis rigidity.

Solid-feeling hatch lid.

MINUSES:

Rather unimpressive low-RPM torque, even from the big, non-turbo V6.

Marked road noise with Sport-Package tires.

Somewhat stiff, quirky clutch action and manual-shift linkage.

Cheap prop-rod underhood.

No underhood insulation pad.

Tight, crowded underhood layout.

Battery and master cylinder covered up.

OK but rather unimpressive paint job (in silver).

Marginal headroom for tall people even without sunroof.

Odd, somewhat repetitive dual engine-temperature gauges.

Quirky, digital-dot fuel gauge.

Midget-sized, too-small glove box.

Center-dash clock takes up space better used for other functions.

Very poor, Peep-Hole rear vision.

Low, shallow cargo area.

Rather complex NAV/stereo controls from Infiniti-type dash controller.

Temporary spare tire.

Low ground clearance means difficult hose-washings underneath.

EXTERIOR:

Walking up to the 370Z on your first view, the exterior profile is not a great deal different from that of the predecessor 350Z, although the headlights are somewhat different with a rear notch in them, the tiny (and useless) rear-quarter windows are shaped more like the original Datsun Z of the 70s, and the rear roofline and trunk lid also approxamates the original cars a little more. The radio antenna has been taken off the rear fender, where, on the 350Z, it stuck out like a sore thumb and was suseptible to damage, and is now more hidden. The ground clearance is very low, which makes for difficult hose-rinsings underneath, but that is pretty much the case with all sports cars....and cars like this, because of poor winter traction, are not usually driven in high road-salt conditions anyway. The sheet metal is generally solid and good quality, as is the exterior hardware. The dual outside mirrors have high-quality housings and swivel/snap easily and solidly.

A couple of things, however, on the outside, I was less than thrilled with. I personally don't care for the design of the Sport Package alloy wheel spokes, which are essentially "Y" shaped, as opposed to the much more attractive (IMO) 5-spoke mag-type design of the standard wheels. I didn't care for the metallic side-flip door handles, which are more or less carryovers from the 350Z. And I wasn't particularly impressed with the overall paint job in silver (and there weren't any other 370Z colors in stock to compare the paint jobs on them). The paint job, in general, was OK (I've seen lots worse, partucularly on Chrysler products), but, with some orange peel, and not a whole lot of gloss/luster, it was not, IMO, quite up the $40,000 class that this car listed at. However, Nissan had a bright yellow (a factory color) 370Z at the D.C Auto Show last week (I looked it over well) that seemed to have somewhat better paint on it than my silver test car. The paint color choices themselves, however, even though there are only 7 of them, are much better than the usual Murphy's-Funeral-Home shades that many new cars have today.......bright yellow, bright blue, and bright red are offered, in addition to the usual white, silver, graphite gray, and black. If it were my car, I'd get either the Chicane Yellow or the Monterey Blue.....both, IMO, are great-looking.

UNDERHOOD:

Pop the reasonably solid hood, and you are greeted with a cheap rod to manually prop the hood up with yourself. And an underhood insulation pad is also missing....two items that are standard on some vehicles much cheaper than this. Apparantly, Mr. Ghosn and his cost-cutting are not completely out of the picture yet. The general underhood layout is not good, though it is not the tightest I've seen. The longitudional, fore/aft mounted 3.7L V6 fits in quite tightly, with only a small amount of room to reach components up front, and virtually no room at all on the sides of the block. A plastic engine cover, on top, covers most of the upper-engine hardware, though a few things can be reached around it. The dipsticks and radiator cap, up front, are easy to reach, but the battery, in back on the left, and the brake master cylinder, in back on the right, are both covered up by large plastic panels. At least the two covers are marked "Battery" and "Brake System" for clarity. One large cross-brace, atop the engine over the two suspension towers, and two smaller "V" braces give the front chassis added rigidity for better handling....and it works (more on that below).

INTERIOR:

You plop way down, of course, to get into this low-slung sports car, but it is not as bad as on some other sports cars I've seen, particularly the Miata and the Lotus Elise (the Elise is almost a joke for anyone over 5 feet tall). The interior, as a whole, is a huge improvement, quality-wise, over that of the 350Z, although there are several quirks and annoyances. My test car had the stunning, two-tone Black/Persimmon (a burnt-orange/cinnamon) leather that comes on the Touring model. It reminded me very much of the similiar interior color scheme on the Audi S5 I reviewed in December. The Audi, however, had leather door inserts, where the 370Z has matching cinnamon-colored synthetic suede inserts on the doors that look and feel just like the real thing.....I never would have known the difference between real suede and the synthetic suede used in the 350Z if the literature had not mentioned it. The leather look and quality on the seats is not quite as nice as that on the S5 or upmarket Mercedes, Jaguar, or Lexus models, but is noticibly better than on some other vehicles I've seen lately. Touring models also come with all-Black or Gray leather interiors; base coupe models get black cloth. The seats themselves are comfortable and properly form-fitting for a sports car, yet don't have overly-sharp, narrow side blosters that make it tough for wide torsos and derrieres. The power rake and fore/aft controls are inboard, next to the center console....the manual seat cushion tilt/height wheels are outboard, next to the doors. And tall people will need those controls, because you have to get the cushions way down, all the way, and maybe dial in some seat-back rake like I did, to clear the low ceiling overhead. Even without a sunroof (which is not available in the 370Z series...one hint that a full convertible may be coming), this is not a car for NBA guys. Michael Jordan or Shaq O'Neill would have to cut a hole in the roof and drive with their head sticking out. One good thing, though, is that the design of the seats and interior allow more seatback-rake, with the bottom cushion back, than in some other 2-seaters, which does help tall people some....or at least those my size (6' 2").

The two primary gauges, which are clear and easy-to-read, are set in a plastic bin much like that of the 350Z's....but with better-quality plastic. The tachometer, like on Porsches and some other sports cars, is in the middle, right behind the steering wheel; the smaller speedometer is to the right. To the left is an odd, metallic-plastic-coated dual set of lighted-diode/bar gauges, one for fuel level and the other for coolant temperature. In the middle of the dash, above the NAV screen and stereo/climate controls, is the traditional Z-car set of three small, round gauges angled left, towards the driver. The left one, again oddly, is another coolant temperature gauge, only this one is in 140-300 degree markings, with a needle, instead of the light-dot C.......H one behind the steering wheel (Go figure). The center one is the battery voltage/ammeter, and the right one, IMO, is a waste.....they put a digital clock in there, where an oil-pressure gauge would have probably been more useful (A digital clock could easily go elsewhere on the dash). I suspect that Nissan probably uses different instruments in those little housings for different markets, as Lexus and Toyota formerly did with the IS200/300 and Toyota Altezza.

The general interior materials and hardware, though, are pretty good....far better than its predecessor. The stereo and climate-***** are well-done and work smoothly and slickly, though their function, in combination with the NAV screen and Infiniti-style dash-controller above, is somewhat complex. The steering wheel is good-looking, has a proper sports-car-fat rim, nice, and well-stitched leather that is comfortable to hold. The wheel buttons/controls, a weak and flimsy point on many cars, seem well-attached and work nicely. The upper-dash is a nice, semi soft material, and the stereo sound is superb, especially in bass. Just what you want for Judas Priest, Quiet Riot, and Motley Crue.....the best stereos deserve the best music. The glove box, IMO, is way undersized....the flip-down door itself is normal-sized, but inside is a much smaller molded-plastic box that will probably hold the Owners' Manual and little else.

A big problem inside, though, is limited rear-vision out the back. This is one of the worst cars I've seen from that regard. The 2 tiny rear-quarter windows (they're about the size of my hand) behind the seats are just about useless. The rear roofline drops, and the car's beltline rises, to form a big swath of solid sheet metal in both rear corners that block any view at a back-angle. And, even though the rear window is large, the extremely flat rake, when it is closed, narrows the field of vision out the back down to something akin to what a old pervert would use to peep into the girls' locker room. This is a classic example of a car (and body styling) that is done for sleek looks, rather then outward visibility, particularly when backing up without an on-board camera or when changing lanes.

CARGO AREA/TRUNK:

The hatch lid itself, though, feels very hefty and solid....more so than the doors or hood, and is held up by two strong, hefty gas struts. Open it up, though, and the cargo area itself, as in many sports cars, is not one of the car's better features. Like the Corvette coupe, it features a long, low space....even lower than the Corvette's, which can generally carry upright grocery bags. The 370Z is definitely not a car to go Christmas-shopping in for a lot of gifts, or to the supermarket for a lot of groceries. Only low packages and bags will fit in under the low hatch-lid. Two large plastic housings, one on each side, over the rear suspension, extend out into the cargo area about 2 feet or so back from the rear edge. The trunk floor is generally well-finished with nice black carpet; the sides are plain black plastic. Under the floor is (you guessed it) a temporary spare tire, instead of a real spare that is more proper for this price class. Mr. Ghosn......are you listening?

However, the cargo area has one major improvement over that of the 350Z. In the 350, a large, bulky, covered cross-brace, for chassis rigidity, bridged across the whole middle of the cargo area, severely limiting what could be carried in front of and behind it. In the 370Z, that cross-brace is smaller and is located much farther forward, just behind the two seats, so that it doesn't affect the cargo load anywhere near as much. A large pull-cover pulls back out of the cross-brace cover and hooks into the bottom of the hatchback lid (not into the sides, as with many other vehicles), so that, when the hatch lid is shut, cargo is covered and away from prying eyes.

ON THE ROAD:

With feet on the brake and clutch, start up the 3.7L V6 with a proximity-key-fob in the vicinity and a nice, solid, smooth-operating push-button. The engine fires up and settles into a smooth, relatively quiet, refined idle.......exhaust, while audible, is not as loud as on some other sports cars. On the road, however, the high maximum HP and torque peaks on this engine, and the apparantly peaky torque curve, translate into somewhat less torque at low RPMs than I expected, especially with a manual transmission that normally gives better response than an automatic. The engine was not sluggish by any means, would easily get out of its own way, and gave a noticeable shove in the back, but was just not quite what I had expected at low RPMs. I think there are several reasons for this. First, with their massive low-RPM torque, I may have just gotten spoiled by the Corvettes and Mercedes-AMG vehicles I've reviewed, and expect too much from lesser sport-oriented cars (though I'm not a speed freak by any means). Second, because this car was brand-new, like most of the cars I review, I didn't red-line it or take it well into the upper-RPM range, so I didn't get to experience its maximum power. Third, it is a VTEC, OHC six....and that design, in general, tends to concentrate much of its power near redline, though, of course, there are some exceptions. Fourth, like some other Honda/Acura and Nissan/Infiniti V6s, the HP peak usually exeeds the torque peak by a substantial amount (in this case, 332 to 270), and torque affects acceleration more, where HP affects the potential top speed.....a non-factor on most American roads. Fifth, new cars sometimes have tight engines that need wear, break-in, and loosening up to get their best acceleration....that could have been a factor on my test car. So, in general, a nice, smooth, relatively quiet engine (in spite of the lack of the underhood insulation pad), but not necessarily a Friday night drag racer unless, maybe, at high revs.

Nor, IMO, is the 6-speed manual transmission particularly impressive. The clutch-engagement point was not bad...about halfway up on my car, about where you want it for most driving, but it was not easy to get a smooth letout. First gear would often start up from rest with a small buck and lurch. Though the shift throws were properly sports-car short, the shift linkage, in several gears, felt quite stiff, with a firm gate-spring (this, again, may have just been new-car linkage stiffness) making your hand and finger muscles do their work. Two electronic transmission devices, however, helped out a lot. First, there is a lighted, dash-mounted number indicator, in the tach, that shows you clearly what gear you're in...so there's no excuse for skipping a gear or a mis-shift. I've argued for this in manual-transmission cars for years, and I'm glad some automakers are finally listening, as automatic cars have had them for decades. Second, the Synchro-Rev system (a Sport-Package option feature) automatically works electronically, in conjunction with the traditional manual-transmission synchronizers, to match engine RPM in upshifts and downshifts. This not only eliminates the need for heel-and-toe brake/shifting, but also saves a lot of wear on the synchros themselves. The system, if desired, can be turned off. So those two devices do help a lot, but, still, the Hulk-Hogan linkage, distinct notchiness, and the tendency of the strong linkage-springs to force the lever sideways into the wrong gate doesn't add up to one of the better sports-car transmissions I've seen.

However, though it is not quite as tossable as a Honda S2000 or Mazda Miata, the superb sports-car chassis and suspension on this car make up for some of the downsides of the powertrain. Part of this, I think, is the effectiveness of the big, dual cross-braces that add both front and rear chassis rigidity. Steering response is right-now quick and almost instantaneous, with smooth and generally good, but not-quite-BMW road feel. There is virtually no body roll, at least under the handling conditions I was able to give it, The front end, for the most part, goes right where you point it, with very little understeer, despite the relatively big heavy V6. Wind noise was well-suppressed, as was engine noise......even under hard acceleration, the engine/exhaust was audible, but not loud as in some sports cars. Road/tire noise, though, was a weak point, even on relatively smooth surfaces. The Bridgestone Potenza high performance 245/40-19 front and 275/35-19 rear tires, even brand-new, made their share of racket, which drummed in through the cabin and rear end almost like a telephone line. Ride comfort, though definitely firm, was not harsh, and, IMO, not bad at all by sports-car standards. In fact, it was surprisingly smooth for the ultra-low-profile tires. The ride/handling combination felt almost like that of a typical BMW sport package, which shows you how well the Nissan enginers did their homework with this car's chassis.

Brakes were very well-done; again, one of the car's best features. Pedal placement was fine for my big, size-15 feet, and I had no problems with shoe hang-ups with either the brake or gas pedals (the Synchro-Rev transmission feature, of course, eliminates the need for heel-and-toe brake/shifting). 4-piston front brakes and 2-piston rear brakes, both with aluminum calipers and vented rotors, come as part of the Sport Package, though they are in-house Nissan brakes and not Brembos. Front rotors are 14" and rears are 13.8"....a pretty hefty size. Pedal response was quick, smooth, and virtually instaneous, with no sponginess at all that I could detect, and response was linear with pedal pressure.

THE VERDICT:

By now you probably get the idea (correctly) that I have mixed feelings about this car. Nissan has, indeed, corrected a number of the 350Z's definciencies in interior quality/materials, given the 370Z what I consider a superb sports-car chassis, filtered out a lot of wind and engine noise by sports-car standards, vastly improved the overall fit/finish, and given it class-A brakes.

But, IMO, a number of quirks and shortcomings remain. The engine torque curve should be tweaked to give it a little more spunk at low RPM's, as that is the way that many Americans prefer it. The shift linkage could use less-firm springs and a bit less notchiness. The clutch take-up could use better linkage as well. Take the plastic covers off the engine, battery, and reservoirs, and toss them in the trash where they belong. Toss the cheap prop-rod holding up the hood and the temporary spare time into the trash with them. And, is it asking too much to actually SEE out the rear window and rear quarters?

But, there is some good news in the pricing. Though this is obviously not a cheap car, discounts CAN be had on it, which is almost unheard of for an all-new sports car just entering the market place. New sports cars almost always carry a sharp mark-up (as its own predecessor 350Z did when it first entered the markey several years ago). but the dealership I was at today, not only discounted all their other new Nissans but even the new 370Z's as well....I was offered a deal on the car I drove today at several thousand $$$$$ off of list. That shows you how the recession, even in this ultra-rich, D.C.-area new car market (the second-strongest new car market in the country, next to the Los Angeles region) is affecting prices. So, if this is the kind of car you want, now may be a good time to look at one....it's a Buyers' market right now, though supplies of the new 370Z are still rather tight.

Last, for those who live in areas where dense stop-and-go traffic is legion (like around here), consider the 7-speed automatic with the Sport-Shift feature. I know that sounds like anathema to true sports-car enthusiasts (and I agree to some extent), but with this car, I think that the automatic may be better, under those conditions, than the rather stiff and chunky 6-speed manual. The problem is, not many 370Zs are built with the automatic. You probably have to wait for one or order it special. But, as the car in general becomes more commonplace, so will automatics.

Last edited by mmarshall; 02-11-09 at 06:26 PM.
Old 02-11-09, 04:12 PM
sphy1005
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great review mmarshall. Although I would not purchase one because of the look.
Old 02-11-09, 04:25 PM
EUBT
Driver

Cool

Spend the exttra cash and get a G37! Looks hella better too.
Old 02-11-09, 04:31 PM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

Good review Mike (and greatly appreciated as always), but convinced me the Audi A5 6-sp S-line is the way to go for me....
Old 02-11-09, 05:16 PM
LexFather

Mike awesome review, didn't expect you to test this car out. 40k sounds high but compared to the Cayman, it sounds better.

Old 02-11-09, 05:22 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by sphy1005
Great review mmarshall.
Thanks.

I would not purchase one because of the look.
What do you dislike abut the look....the exterior or interior? The interior, especially in the two-tone Touring version, is head and shoulders above the 350Z. Trying to see out the back, though, is like looking through a tunnel.
Old 02-11-09, 05:26 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by EUBT
Spend the exttra cash and get a G37! Looks hella better too.
Maybe. The main thing that the G37 coupe has that this car doesn't is an AWD option for winter traction.....which is something that is important to me.
But, RWD sports cars like the Z are not often driven in winter conditions to start with........nor should they be.
Old 02-11-09, 05:35 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by rdgdawg
Good review Mike (and greatly appreciated as always)
Thanks.

convinced me the Audi A5 6-sp S-line is the way to go for me....
The S5 costs more (over 50K), but has what is, IMO, a better drivetrain, an equally if not more impressive interior, better outward vision, equally good brakes, a roomier cargo area, and, of course, a small back seat for occasional use. Its 4 year/50,000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty, however doesn't cover its drivetrain as well as the Nissan's 5/60, and both cars have a superb chassis and steering.
Old 02-11-09, 05:39 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Mike awesome review
Thanks.

didn't expect you to test this car out.
I had a couple of requests from other CL members.

40k sounds high but compared to the Cayman, it sounds better.
And (some) dealers are willing to discount on the 370Z, though......almost unheard of on a just-introduced new sports car.
Old 02-11-09, 05:44 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

nice... ive been waiting to read this one
Old 02-11-09, 06:05 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting sports car and fun review. This car with early discounting upon introduction leading to rapid depreciation will make a great used car value in a year or two.
Old 02-11-09, 06:32 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by IS-SV
Interesting sports car and fun review. This car with early discounting upon introduction leading to rapid depreciation will make a great used car value in a year or two.
Better yet, comparatively speaking, may be those coming off of 2 and 3-year leases. Leased cars, because of the wear-and-tear clauses and strict mileage limits, are often in better shape than privately-owned cars. In addition, cars that are turned back in after a lease are detailed, inspected, and repaired as necessary at the dealership before being re-sold (or re-leased) as Certified Used Cars.
Old 02-11-09, 06:52 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
nice...
Thanks.

ive been waiting to read this one
Good. I hope it helps you in your car-shopping.
Old 02-11-09, 06:56 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Nice review mmarshall, I always liked the Z platform and this one is a great improvement. I want to see you test a Hyundai Genesis Coupe to do a comparison with the 370Z.
Old 02-11-09, 07:52 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by cherplex
Nice review mmarshall,
Thanks.

I always liked the Z platform and this one is a great improvement. I want to see you test a Hyundai Genesis Coupe to do a comparison with the 370Z.
I don't know when the Genesis coupe will be released here in the D.C. area. They had one at the D.C. Auto Show last week, but it was a heavily camoflauged, non-production model.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Review: 2009 Nissan 370Z