Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Hyundai's Veloster Coupe Concept headed for production... and America!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-11, 06:39 PM
ecr527
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not completely sold on the looks of the car, but it's not bad overall. It definitely seems to have a little more excitement baked into it than the new Civics do (SI's excluded of course )
Old 09-04-11, 08:33 PM
JessePS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only thing I dislike, is that BlueLink is not in Canada. It is interesting that you can use an app to unlock and start your car.
Old 09-05-11, 03:00 AM
Squirrelz
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JessePS
It is priced below $18,000.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN7fzifIIvY

Yes!

VW Jetta -- Start @ C$15,875 (combined. 677 km per tank)
Scion iQ -- Starting @ US$15,995 (combined. 506 km per tank)
Toyota Yaris -- Starting @ US$16,385 (combined. 581 km per tank)
Hyundai Veloster -- Starting @ C$18,999 (combined. 680 km per tank)
Ford Focus -- Starting @ C$19,170 (combined. 750 km per tank)
Mini Cooper -- Starting @ C$23,600 (combined. 697 km per tank)
VW Bettle -- Starting @ C$24,475 (combined. 580 km per tank)
Lexus CT200h -- Starting @ C$30,950 (combined. 660 km per tank)
Volvo C30 -- Starting @ C$30,995 (combined. 531 km per tank)
Audi A3 TDI -- Starting @ C$37,100 (combined. 965 km per tank)

I am not sure how accurate my calculations are so don't crucify me.
Range is a useless metric when comparing cars for efficiency.
Old 09-05-11, 04:03 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 106 Likes on 77 Posts

The only thing I dislike, is that BlueLink is not in Canada. It is interesting that you can use an app to unlock and start your car.
would you pay $200/year for it though? I wouldnt.
Old 09-06-11, 09:57 PM
VIPG35
Lead Lap

Looks like they mashed up all the car manufactures to create this.
Old 09-07-11, 11:21 AM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

vw shouldve brought scirocco to US
Old 09-07-11, 01:30 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

scirocco would cost 25-30k though
Old 09-14-11, 04:00 PM
JessePS

I went to check it out today... It is a pretty interesting car. I am just not a fan of the plastic that they used inside the car, they could have made it look more luxurious a-la VW.

I was actually surprised it has 15.5 cu.ft of cargo space, which is similar to the new VW Jetta.
Old 09-14-11, 04:26 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

I went to check it out today... It is a pretty interesting car. I am just not a fan of the plastic that they used inside the car, they could have made it look more luxurious a-la VW.

I was actually surprised it has 15.5 cu.ft of cargo space, which is similar to the new VW Jetta.
you seem disappointed? as to the cargo space, surely thats because high rear end (it is counted up to the windows)... I am sure Jetta's is actually a lot more usable.
Old 09-15-11, 06:10 AM
JessePS

Originally Posted by spwolf
you seem disappointed? as to the cargo space, surely thats because high rear end (it is counted up to the windows)... I am sure Jetta's is actually a lot more usable.
Yah you can say that, but I should have suspected that the interior wouldn't be that amazing. As per the trunk, for sure the Jetta would be practical.

One thing I left out yesterday, the brakes on this car are so tiny. If I do get the Veloster, I wonder if I can change the brakes for larger ones too something like on a base Genesis coupe One thing I truly dislike about this car, the spare tire is one of those small *** ones Honestly in this day and age, you should get a full-size.
Old 09-15-11, 07:52 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

One thing I truly dislike about this car, the spare tire is one of those small *** ones Honestly in this day and age, you should get a full-size.
are you kidding? almost all cars come with the small donuts, and a growing number of cars are coming with no spare at all. i don't see the big deal. why carry around the weight of a full size spare and tire?
Old 09-19-11, 11:46 AM
JessePS

I took it for a test drive today. It has an interesting ride / feel to it. The seats are quite comfortable, just not a fan of the seat fabric though. It was fun playing with the DCT, it is quite smooth. I bet the Turbo version will be fun to drive.

One thing looking through the rear-view mirror to look out the back, the back window being split is a pain in the ***. I wonder if there is a way to bypass the back up camera and turn it on while driving.

Last edited by JessePS; 09-19-11 at 11:58 AM.
Old 05-12-14, 01:03 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default First Spy Shots of Hyundai's Facelifted 2015 Veloster

Hyundai is preparing to refresh the Veloster as it nears the mid-point of its life-cycle, and this is the first prototype we've seen of the car, spied at the Korean firm's R&D center in Germany.

The twin-exhaust pipes, rear diffuser, low profile wheels (with newly designed alloys) and side skirts, all point to this model being the Turbo, but other than that, there's not much else we can see under the extensive wrap that hides all the details of the facelift.

That said, and without having any information (yet), we can only speculate to as what changes it will bring to the 2015 Veloster and which could include the usual revisions on both ends of the car as well as the interior with styling and equipment updates, and perhaps tweaks to the chassis and engine range.

We'll keep you posted and let you know if we find out more.
http://www.carscoops.com/2014/05/fir...acelifted.html
Old 05-12-14, 01:41 PM
LexFather

I heard it doesn't drive to great but I honestly really like this quirky car. I love the sculpted tails in the rear.

Old 06-03-14, 05:19 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hyundai Prices the Veloster RE:FLEX Edition from $21,650*

Unveiled at this year’s Chicago Auto Show, the Hyundai Veloster RE:FLEX Edition is now available in dealerships across the United States. Hyundai will only build 3,000 units of the special edition model, with prices starting from $21,650 (€15,915) for the Veloster RE:FLEX DCT, excluding $810 freight (*).

Finished in an Ice Pearl color, the Hyundai Veloster RE:FLEX Edition brings equipment features such as black or red full leather seating, projector headlights with LED headlight accents, LED taillights, LED illuminated door sills, 18-inch alloy wheels with a PVD chrome finish, chrome hood accents, chrome door handles and RE:FLEX badging on the exterior and floor mats.

The Veloster RE:FLEX DCT includes all of the Veloster DCT Style Package equipment excluding the panoramic roof.

All Hyundai Veloster RE:FLEX models are powered by the standard 138hp Gamma 1.6-liter, four-cylinder engine mated to a six-speed EcoShift dual-clutch transmission.

“The new Veloster RE:FLEX not only delivers, but the highly prized limited editions are equipped with additional unique features and exclusive colors that will make proud owners boldly stand out in the crowd,” said Scott Margason, director, product planning, Hyundai Motor America.
http://www.carscoops.com/2014/06/hyu...x-edition.html

Quick Reply: Hyundai's Veloster Coupe Concept headed for production... and America!