Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Acura... 5 years ago

Old 12-18-08, 02:03 PM
bboarder71
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And now all the money they put towards the 2010 NSX is well worthless as that got the axe just recently for economic reasons. Lets just let Nissan reap the benefits of having control of the imported sports cars.
Old 12-18-08, 04:18 PM
2002GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

I think Acura's best year was seven year ago, 2001. having the last year of of the pop up headlight NSX, the re-release of the Integra type R, the integra gs-r in coupe and sedan, the cl coupe, the tl sedan, with both the cl and tl avaliable in type s models, the big sedan RL, and only one SUV, the MDX. I have a mini poster of this lineup, all of them together looks like a family, appealing to all types of drivers. I think acura would be fine today, if they just imporved on this lineup, instead of the mess they are in today.
Old 12-20-08, 02:26 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Their new Power Plenum front grille is indeed a turn-off IMHO.

Hopefully they scrap that in their future models.

Other than that, I guess that's pretty much what they need to improve on.

P.S.
Oh and it would help if more of their models would only come in one drivetrain. IMHO, SH-AWD is the way forward for them (and it is the one feature that makes their RL unique in its segment).

So IMHO, this is what Acura should be focusing on (more SH-AWD ONLY vehicles for the brand).

Two cents
Old 12-21-08, 03:01 PM
1993ES300x
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pvmike1
I drive LA and OC all the time, and I first saw one on the road the other day.

Bootay.
i bet it's the same asian dude driving it.. hahaha
Old 12-21-08, 03:27 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Blackraven
P.S.
Oh and it would help if more of their models would only come in one drivetrain. IMHO, SH-AWD is the way forward for them (and it is the one feature that makes their RL unique in its segment).

So IMHO, this is what Acura should be focusing on (more SH-AWD ONLY vehicles for the brand).

Two cents
I disagree. Best case scenario would be to have 3 drivetrain choices depending on the car it is going into. There is nothing wrong with FWD as it has many advantages for most cars. However, RWD is a needed option on certain cars, and an SH-AWD should also be another option on certain cars. Why would you want only SH-AWD? Not everyone needs AWD cars.
Old 12-21-08, 09:27 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I like acura . I dont love acura. They build nice cars, but they are all so average at everything. They are/were predominantly fwd. It doesnt lend to the best handling. They are also always at the bottom of the segment for hp, or barely catching up. They are finally equal to the G35 , IS, and BMW 335, but now the G's are at 328hp. Infiniti is the japanese BMW. Very sporty. Lexus is the mercedes . Tends to lean toward the luxury end of things. The Acura is the Audi. Prett damn good, but definetely the odd man out. The name is known by the masses, but they know that the other two are " nicer cars". I remeber telling people I had an infiniti and then two dats later they would say " you drive a lexus dont you?". On halloween when I was outside with my wife giving out candy a guy pulled up in front of my house to park with his infiniti G35. As he exited his car his friends approached and the female said " Oh my god did you buy a lexus?" It was hilarious. Brand recognition is very strong
Old 12-21-08, 11:28 PM
bad co
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I like acura . I dont love acura. They build nice cars, but they are all so average at everything. They are/were predominantly fwd. It doesnt lend to the best handling. They are also always at the bottom of the segment for hp, or barely catching up. They are finally equal to the G35 , IS, and BMW 335, but now the G's are at 328hp. Infiniti is the japanese BMW. Very sporty. Lexus is the mercedes . Tends to lean toward the luxury end of things. The Acura is the Audi. Prett damn good, but definetely the odd man out. The name is known by the masses, but they know that the other two are " nicer cars". I remeber telling people I had an infiniti and then two dats later they would say " you drive a lexus dont you?". On halloween when I was outside with my wife giving out candy a guy pulled up in front of my house to park with his infiniti G35. As he exited his car his friends approached and the female said " Oh my god did you buy a lexus?" It was hilarious. Brand recognition is very strong
wouldent say that acura is like audi because well umm, the new a4 2.0t 0-60 5.7 by motor trend, where is acura's s or rs line. the tl type s? thats just a pathetic attempt.

remeber opinions of people like you are like *** holes every one has one