Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

#1 G37S vs. #2 CC VR6 4Motion vs. #3 TL SH-AWD

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-08, 05:31 PM
Solo_D33A
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A few things that kept me away from thinking about the CC is...
no 7 speed DSG like in Euro models
no park assist like in Euro models
no lane assist like in Euro models
no adaptive chassis control like in Euro models
no automatic distance control like in Euro models

I feel like we got ripped off, at least give them in an option... (I know that even our 2GS have features like power fold mirror and 2jzgte that we didn't have here (though we have the 1UZ), I didn't see the point of getting the CC as all the best features got torn out)
Old 11-26-08, 05:39 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Solo_D33A

I feel like we got ripped off, at least give them in an option... (I know that even our 2GS have features like power fold mirror and 2jzgte that we didn't have here (though we have the 1UZ), I didn't see the point of getting the CC as all the best features got torn out)
Then the CC would be 45k. Its already stretching it at nearly 40k. While the Acura is disgusting, Honda faithful and other shoppers will not jump into a "VW" based on badge, even if its a comparable or better car.

That continues to be VWs problem here. Competitive cars in the entry level or luxury class no one wants after the first year of sales (Tourag, Passat V-6, Phaeton and probably the Tiguan).

Old 11-26-08, 06:51 PM
Vlad_Stein
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The best thing about this thread, by miles, is the "megatron turd" stylistic assessment of the new TL . Very appropriate. Acura should use this in their promotional literature.

I will have to checkout the interior of the CC - I drove a Passat (2006 model) in 2007 for about 1 month, while my car was in the shop. It drove very nicely for a FWD, but I was very disappointed with the interior - it looks kind of nice from far away, but the closer you move in, the cheaper it becomes. Also, I got a CEL during my time with the car. I know this is anecdotal, but that does not bolster my image of VW quality. The interior shots in the article look very nice, though. Time to get some tactile feedback.
Old 11-26-08, 06:56 PM
LexFather

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Vlad_Stein
The best thing about this thread, by miles, is the "megatron turd" stylistic assessment of the new TL . Very appropriate. Acura should use this in their promotional literature.
Signature worthy!!!

Old 11-26-08, 07:14 PM
leedogg
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Signature worthy!!!
For a 10 year old
Old 11-26-08, 07:26 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

I feel like we got ripped off, at least give them in an option...
Might want to find out what a 'Euro model' costs with all that lot.
Old 11-26-08, 07:30 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Might want to find out what a 'Euro model' costs with all that lot.
A lot. I am not sure of sales targets for the CC here.

Originally Posted by leedogg
a 10 year old designs Acuras and 10 year olds defend such ugly design
Fixed. Acura's design is horrid, maybe the worst we have seen. Deal with it. Its universal, the design is on par with the Hindenburg in execution.

Old 11-27-08, 06:45 AM
leedogg
Lead Lap

A lot. I am not sure of sales targets for the CC here.

Fixed. Acura's design is horrid, maybe the worst we have seen. Deal with it. Its universal, the design is on par with the Hindenburg in execution.

Who the hell is defending Acura's designs? I've voiced, many times, my own dissapointment in Acura's latest designs. I'm just pointing out that comments like 'Megatron Turd' and other such silly attacks are things I'd expect out of a 10 year old.

Last edited by leedogg; 11-27-08 at 06:48 AM.
Old 11-27-08, 06:54 AM
LexFather

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by leedogg
Who the hell is defending Acura's designs? I've voiced, many times, my own dissapointment in Acura's latest designs. I'm just pointing out that comments like 'Megatron Turd' and other silly attacks are things I'd expect out of a 10 year old.
You woke up Thanksgiving morning to post that. My humor can make Clarkson blush sometimes and its been that way since I've been on this forum. Deal with it. Why don't you start a petition b/c every publication has made a jab at the TL/Acura styling? Why don't you call them 10 year olds? If you read the article, Edmunds themselves made reference to a transformer. It is a jab at the styling, if you don't like it, stick your head in the sand, and cry. In reviewing your own Acura forums, they've said just as funny things about it.

If you want to come here to save Acura/Honda threads do everyone a favor and don't bother. Your post history clearly shows you mostly only post in Acura/Honda threads and you do a **** poor job posting.

Your continued captain save an acura/honda attitude resembles a 10 year old. Now I got to go check on my turkey, which looks better, than any Acura. When I say grace, I will pray for you and the Acura design team and any blind bat buying these vehicles. Save them please.

Old 11-27-08, 12:01 PM
FKL
Lexus Test Driver

Then the CC would be 45k. Its already stretching it at nearly 40k. While the Acura is disgusting, Honda faithful and other shoppers will not jump into a "VW" based on badge, even if its a comparable or better car.

That continues to be VWs problem here. Competitive cars in the entry level or luxury class no one wants after the first year of sales (Tourag, Passat V-6, Phaeton and probably the Tiguan).

Keep in mind most if not all Volkswagen products cost more than their competition. You can write that off to more standard features, a full compliment of safety systems standard, and general more solid construction. The Jetta still sells well enough, even though it costs more than the Japanese competition. Today, the pricing discrepancy has been further exasberated by the exchange rate of the Euro, which makes importing their German-built cars here costly. VW makes close to nothing on every Passat they sell in N. America, which is why they are building a new plant in Chattanooga.

But you do have a point that many of their top tier cars are pricy, but the lack of sales is no fault of the cars themselves, moreso just the nameplate. The Phaeton was a world-class state of the art luxury sedan that was in many ways built to superior levels than many "luxury" cars selling on the market today (it's based on the Bentley Continental platform). The Touareg is essential a Porsche Cayanne, outstanding offroad ability, exquisite interior, and general just designed and engineered to extremely high levels. The Tiguan is actually selling very well even in light of it's higher price tag. It's also on waiting lists in many EU countries, so it has been a success thus far. The Tiguan again is at the top of it's class for design/buildquality/driving dynamics, as most vws are. We'll see how the CC sells, but VW knows they will sell many in Asia.
Old 11-27-08, 12:04 PM
FKL
Lexus Test Driver

Yes I was dissapointed the parking feature was not included - it's infiltrating many low-end models in the European VW range...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16Izr52lpFw
Old 11-27-08, 02:30 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

lol...the Acura is the better product here! I would buy that over the other cars.

Funny this is also what everyone said with the body change that Bangle did on the BMW...that lasted really long didnt it? I agreed as being a BMW owner at the time. Now it has grown on me. The TL is all over the roads here so it must not be doing to bad.

I give Acura credit for being bold and different and not like every one else!
Old 11-27-08, 05:33 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

I went to vw.co.uk.

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/#/new/pa...figure/models/

No 7 speed DSG (only 6)
Added park assist
Didn't see lane assist
Didn't see adaptive chassis control
Added distance control

~36,700 pounds
Roughly 1.5 pounds to a dollar equates to:
~$55K

Still want all those features?
Old 11-27-08, 05:36 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by FKL
Yes I was dissapointed the parking feature was not included - it's infiltrating many low-end models in the European VW range...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16Izr52lpFw
99% of Americans never parallel park.
Old 11-27-08, 11:16 PM
bad co
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
I went to vw.co.uk.

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/#/new/pa...figure/models/

No 7 speed DSG (only 6)
Added park assist
Didn't see lane assist
Didn't see adaptive chassis control
Added distance control

~36,700 pounds
Roughly 1.5 pounds to a dollar equates to:
~$55K

Still want all those features?
dont forget the cars in the uk are much more expensive so maybe 42k us spec because at 55k thats getting dangerously close to nice shape cls

Quick Reply: #1 G37S vs. #2 CC VR6 4Motion vs. #3 TL SH-AWD