Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Floyd Mayweather showing off (very obnoxiously) his rides

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-08, 11:34 PM
NINEZeRO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Floyd Mayweather showing off (very obnoxiously) his rides

He knows people hate him but can't understand why. No, they're not all jealous because of the money. There are many people with money but not all of them are hated like him. He's just too godamn obnoxious. Well, back to the topic, what a waste of engineering perfection.

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/video...dRtBKIv3L61NU0
Old 11-22-08, 12:05 AM
sirCharles
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Boxing and TV star...Floyd def drunk talking how he feel. Man making $$$!

Really did not know he was such a "show-off". It was entertaining to watch.
Old 11-22-08, 12:41 AM
Boosty.vip
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wish floyd didn't retire, i wanted to see him get knocked the **** out.

"It is a sad day in America when thug attitude is in style. Real men choose their words more wisely and prudently. Prove your bravado in the ring or on the field….words are cheap and in this case, sleazy, ignorant and a sign of a weak mind. Mayweather may be successful physically but mentally he is a failure."

So true...

Last edited by Boosty.vip; 11-22-08 at 12:50 AM.
Old 11-22-08, 03:10 AM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Boosty.vip

"It is a sad day in America when thug attitude is in style. Real men choose their words more wisely and prudently. Prove your bravado in the ring or on the field….words are cheap and in this case, sleazy, ignorant and a sign of a weak mind. Mayweather may be successful physically but mentally he is a failure."

So true...
I wouldn't say it's a "thug" attitude. It's more of a flashy and flamboyant style that he portrays. Typically you see that behavior in the weeks before a boxing fight to hype it up.

I don't care to have that amount of cars but that's Floyd's thing and any other actor or athlete. There is nothing wrong with that at all.
Old 11-22-08, 05:13 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Completely disgusting.
Old 11-22-08, 05:27 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

What an absolute waste. This guy is just useless. Yeah, the boy could fight and was good at it but for him to claim to be such a big car guy,,,fail!!! He claiming he got soo much money and he continuing to make al this money,, then why in the world does he have to "shoe horn" 5 cars in such a small garage. He can barely open the doors on the cars without hitting one of the other ones. While he has a "desired" selection, I didn't see anything in there which was groundbreaking. Just about anyone, with significant bankflow, has the same selection (with the exception of the Phantom Drophead). And his "cash money ""YEAH"" boys" will be the first ones to hit the road once his money goes out the window.
Old 11-22-08, 06:03 AM
garbage85
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MrG4Life
I wouldn't say it's a "thug" attitude. It's more of a flashy and flamboyant style that he portrays. Typically you see that behavior in the weeks before a boxing fight to hype it up.

I don't care to have that amount of cars but that's Floyd's thing and any other actor or athlete. There is nothing wrong with that at all.

Theres everything wrong with it

he must of been very insecure when he was a child, thats why he feels the need to prove something to everyone

Last edited by garbage85; 11-22-08 at 06:12 AM.
Old 11-22-08, 06:32 AM
thetopdog
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Boosty.vip
This is EXACTLY why he does this.

Do you guys not understand marketing? Everybody loves to see a villain get beat up. The whole arrogant thing is just his persona, and people buy into it and it makes him even more money. Boxing needs personalities like this. It's not that complicated

And I wouldn't expect his money to run out any time soon. He makes millions of dollars every fight. Apparently he got paid $20million to appear at Wrestelmania
Old 11-22-08, 06:55 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by thetopdog
And I wouldn't expect his money to run out any time soon. He makes millions of dollars every fight. Apparently he got paid $20million to appear at Wrestelmania
Yes, you normally don't expect celebrities who make that kind of money to go broke, but you never know.
Guys like Tyson & Holyfield each made at least $100 million+ in their careers, Tyson went broke long time ago, & Holyfield is defaulting on the mortgage of his mansion because he has "ran out of cash, not broke", he said.
How they managed to **** away that much money just boggles the mind.
Old 11-22-08, 07:20 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by thetopdog
This is EXACTLY why he does this.

Do you guys not understand marketing? Everybody loves to see a villain get beat up. The whole arrogant thing is just his persona, and people buy into it and it makes him even more money. Boxing needs personalities like this. It's not that complicated

I understand marketing. A boxer is his product and talking trash is a way of promoting that product. Mohammed Ali did this but there was something different about it. It didn't make you hate his guts. Even when he said how pretty his face was and that he wouldn't let anyone mark it up, you tell it was a ploy, a tool, marketing the fight. He just didn't sit around talking about himself. It was all about a fight or an opponent. He didn't brag about his cars, homes and women. He bragged about how his fists would beat the ugly off of Joe Frazier, beat the monkey off of George Foreman, etc.
This Mayweather guy is cursing and pouting off street crap about nothing....except himself and what he has bought. Please. Just a thug from the hood who has made some money who doesn't understand that his wealth makes him a role model. Or it could have.
Old 11-22-08, 07:25 AM
muhbuhtuh
Lexus Champion

ugh i closed it after 30 seconds.

i cant stand mayweather
Old 11-22-08, 07:48 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Nice cars
Old 11-22-08, 08:34 AM
LexFather

Floyd is Floyd. Love it or hate it. Great boxer, great big mouth

Old 11-22-08, 09:01 AM
luxury1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I didn't even know who he was until noted above.

He is such a fine speaker that I almost mistook him for an English Professor.
Old 11-22-08, 02:44 PM
audi2nr
Lexus Test Driver

lol @ him strapping the cristal or what ever bottle that was into the slr... what a jackass. what else are you gonna do when you have more cash than brains?