Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Review: 2009 Kia Borrego LX

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-08, 03:33 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Review: 2009 Kia Borrego LX

By CL member request, a review of the 2009 Kia Borrego LX 4X4.

http://www.kia.com/borrego/

In a Nutshell: Well-built, bargain-priced, and no, it is NOT a rebadged Hyundai clone.

(Leather interior shown)

The Borrego has generated a fair amount of controversy and discussion here at CL. General interest in it is not huge, but significant. There were a number of responses to Mike's (1SICKLEX) recent condensed review of it. I got one or two general review requests, and Mike himself asked me to check out a Borrego so we compare findings. So, this morning, I decided to take care of that.

The Borrego is an all-new vehicle for Kia in the American market. It is a mid-sized, more-or-less traditional, body-on-frame two-box-styled SUV, designed (in the 4X4 version) for both on and off-road conditions. It generally competes with the Ford Explorer, Chevy TrailBlazer, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Nissan Pathfinder/Xterra, and Toyota 4Runner, although the Borrego, still considered mid-size, is slightly larger and roomier than some of those competitors. Its third-row seat, for example, is fit even for large adults.....more on that later. While not Suburban/Expedition heft, it also has some healthy tow ratings, especially with the V8.

The Borrego comes in 5 different levels.....LX V6, LX V8, EX V6, EX V8, and Limited V8. The V6 and V8 are pretty much the same ubiquitous 3.8L and 4.6L engines found on other Hyundai/Kia products, only in this case, the 3.8L, like in the Hyundai Genesis, is redone for a fore/aft mounting rather than transverse. The 3.8L V6 gets a 5-speed automatic Sportshift automatic transmission; the 4.6L V8 a 6-speed (no manual is offered). LX and EX models get a choice of RWD or AWD/4WD with low range. The top-of-the-line Limited, as expected, gets only the V8 and the AWD/4WD.

Given the pattern that Hyundai and Kia have followed lately in the design and construction of their SUVs and crossovers, I assumed that the Borrego, when introduced some months ago, would be more or less a rebadged version of the car-based, unibody, AWD Veracruz/Santa Fe/Sorento platform. Not so....I was incorrect. The Borrego breaks new ground (or should I say old ground?) with a traditional truck-like, separate body-on-frame. Only, of course, the old-part-time 4X4 system on the old first-generation Kia Sportage (which couldn't be used on dry pavement) is gone, and, this time, you have a proper center differential/full-time AWD capability, as well as a traditional-SUV off-road transfer case with Low
range for rough stuff out in the boonies.

While there are a few signs of cost-cutting here and there (these days, what manufacturer doesn't?), the Borrego, in general, is a very impressive vehicle for what you get for your money. I chose an entry-level LX model with V6 and 4X4 for the review because I was quite impressed with the low price and the level of solidness this vehicle represented.....the doors, for example, were as tank-solid, if not more, than the impressive Acura RL I recently did. I won't go into all the details here (that, of course, comes up below), but the Borrego, at least in the version I reviewed, is a whale of a bargain. Sticker price on my test vehicle, which, admittedly, lacked the LX Convienence Package with its power-leather seats, was well under $30,000.....and RWD models start in the 26-27K range. That, IMO, by today's standards, is a lot of vehicle for not a whole lot of money.

Model Reviewed: 2009 Kia Borrego LX 4X4

Base Price: $28,295

Major Options: None

Destination/Freight: $750

List price as reviewed: $29,045

Drivetrain: AWD/4WD with Low range, longitudionally-mounted DOHC 3.8L V6, 276 HP @ 6000 RPM, Torque 267 Ft-lbs. @ 4400 RPM, 5-speed Automatic Transmision wih Sportshift.

Tow Rating: V6, 5000 lb. V8, 7500 lb.

EPA Mileage Rating (V6 4X4): 16 City, 21 Highway,

Exterior Color: Titanium Silver

Interior: Gray cloth

PLUSSES:

Super-bargain Price.

Extra-long Kia 10/100; 5-60 warranty (with some restrictions)

Rock-of-Gibraltar solid frame/sheet metal/doors.

Handsome (IMO), conservative styling.

Smartly-done, good looking gray or black lower body paint/cladding.

Full-time, Torque-on-Demand AWD.

4X4 Low Range for off-roading.

Slick transmission shifter.

Smooth-shifting transmission.

Reasonably smooth ride for a truck-based SUV.

Turn-signals in the outside mirrors.

Solid, durable, well-done chrome and exterior trim.

Extra-roomy, folding, third-row seat.

Great headroom in all three rows of seats.

Slick, easy-to-fold seats.

5000 lb. tow rating with V6.

Relatively nice paint colors.

Reasonably good wind/tire noise isolation.

Well-done interior brushed-metal trim.

Super-solid interior hardware.

Slick, durable, easy-to-use *****/buttons/stalks.

Clear, well-done gauges.

well-done step-on parking brake is not awkward to use.

Well-designed steering wheel comfortable to hold.

Relatively good underhood layout.

Smooth, easy-to-adjust headrests in all seats.

Clear, easy-to-read, no-nonsense brochure/literature.

MINUSES:

Temporary spare tire underneath the vehicle.

Uncomfortable drivers' seat for wide persons.

Lean-O-Matic body roll on corners.

Limp steering feel.

Slow streering response.

Unimpressive, push-and-sponge brakes.

Heavy weight blunts some engine performance.

Relatively poor gas mileage (expected, of course, to some extent, on a heavy SUV this size.).

Zig-zag shifter pattern.

OK but not superb paint job.

Ditto for stereo sound.....OK but not superb.

Some hard-plastic (but durable) interior trim.

Cheap-feeling, hard-plastic sun visors.

Poorly-finished rear cargo/third seat area.

No wood-tone trim options available.

Higher-than-average depreciation likely.

EXTERIOR:

The Borrego, as you first walk up to it, looks somewhat like the Hyundai Veracruz (or at least enough to make you think it comes from the same platform), but, as I have already explained above, it does not. Nevertheless, I liked the Veracruz-like, handsome, conservative styling, with its tasteful front end, conservatively-styled headlights, and plastic yet tough, well-done chrome grille. The relatively squared-off rear end and high roofline does wonders for interior headroom....more on that later. The lower-body cladding is classy, well-painted (not just matte-cheap vinyl), comes in gray or black depending on body color/trim, and runs around the entire length of the vehicle, including the wheelwells. The Borrego sits high, well up, off the pavement....expected, of course, in a vehicle designed for off-road capability. Sheet metal and doors are amazingly tank-solid (exceeding, to some extent, even the superlative Acura RL), and some of the best I've seen since the Mercedes Gelandewagen (G-Wagen), a military-derived Austrian/German off-roader. The doors don't just shut with a "thunk", but a "THUNK!" with a Capital T. Paintwork, while OK, is clearly not up to the level of the sheet metal under it...it is good enough for the car's 29K price but has noticeable orange peel in most of the colors (I didn't get to see all of them). The actual paint colors, however, are not bad....8 different colors are offered, and I liked the Spicy Red, Midnite Blue, and, of course, the feature Copperhead (burnt orange). Outside mirrors, like those on most Korean products, have well-made, durable housings, swivel-snap and lock smoothly and slickly, and, on the Borrego, have integrated turn-signel flashers. The rear hatch, like the hood and doors, opens and shuts with tank-like solidness. All of the exterior trim, particularly the chrome grille, is tough, well-attached, and shows good fit/finish.

UNDERHOOD:

Open the solid hood, which has a nice, thick, full-width insulation pad underneath, and two convienient, well-placed gas struts hold it up for you. The basic underhood layout is pretty good, though the big plastic engine cover does take up a lot of space on top of the engine. Nevertheless, the 3.8L V6 fits in, longitudionally, a little on the tight side, but does leave some room to reach components on the front and sides. The battery is over on the left, well-exposed, uncovered, and easy to reach. Some otherise accessable components on the right side are blocked by plastic induction hardware. All of the dipsticks, reservoirs, and filler caps are OK and in reasonably easy access.

INTERIOR:

The interior, while not super-plush like a Cadillac Escalade or Lincoln Navigator, was, nonetheless, reasonably classy, smart-looking, and well-assembled with solid, durable materials. The high roofline and conservative styling, along with the lack of a sunroof housing, made for excellent headroom front and rear. The steering wheel was well-shaped, well-constructed, comfortable to hold, and allowed you to grasp the spokes without accidentally hitting buttons...a feature I like, as I often rest one or two fingers around the spoke as I hold the rim. All of the hardware and buttons, switches, stalks, *****, etc....were durable, easy-to-use, and operated smoothly. The right stereo-adjustment **** took a minute or two to learn its push-twist functions and get used to, but was MUCH easier than, say, BMW's I-Drive or Audi's MMI. Primary gauges were clear and easy to read; the centrally-mounted speedometer coming out of Hyundai's parts-bin and recognizable from other Hyundai-Kia products. The upper dash is a nice soft-touch surface; the simulated brushed-metal trim underneath it and on the door panels was classy, well-fitted, and did not look or feel cheap, in spite of being painted plastic. No wood-tone trim (which I would have preferred) is available on any of the Borrego interiors, but the simulated metallic trim is good enough that I didn't really miss the wood. The steering column has a manual tilt control (which worked very smoothly) but no telescoping. The glove box, like so many other things on the car, was solid, and had a solid latch......something too many cars don't. In the rear seats, there was adequate legroom for most adults, an overhead dome/reading light, and a mult-function pull-down arm rest with built-in storage cubbies and cupholders. The step-on parking brake has room for your left knee to go up and down without hitting things, and is not as awkward to use as in some cars.

There were some things inside, though, that I didn't particularly like, or think well-done. One was the less-than-plush-feeling seat fabric, which was OK but a little coarse and rough for my tastes. Another was the the too-narrow bottom cushion on the two front seats, which allowed part of my not-so-skinny derriere to overrun the cushion width and rest on the hard plastic housings on each side. The lower parts of the front seats, and their cushions, just are not large enough for wide butts. Even for people who do fit in them, they are not very supportive, but, of course, this is not a sports car, and you don't need racing seats. Another thing I thought was OK, but not that impressive, was the stereo sound......when you put on good Heavy Metal like Twisted Sister, or James Brown hollering and screaming the soul/funk, the stereo should be likewise. The thick, durable, but all hard-plastic sun visors, despite the covered vanity mirrors, were unpleasant to fold-unfold and use. And last, I didn't particularly like the hard-plastic door-panel trim, but the top part of the panels were soft-touch plastic and much more pleasant, and the arm rests in the doors were at least partly padded.

CARGO AREA/TRUNK:

Lift up the rock-solid rear hatchgate, and, of course, the third-row seat takes up some of the cargo room when it is up, but it split-folds down very easily with some easily reached release levers. The third-row seat, believe it or not, as large and roomy enough, with plenty of headroom and adequate legroom, to at least minimally accomodate large adults my size (6'2", 265 lb)...that is unusual in all but the largest SUV's like the Suburban and Expedition. Only the GM Enclave/Acadia/Outlook triplets, among mid-size SUVs, can say the same. The hard plastic trim and walls around the third-row seats, however, are not very well-finished, perhaps because the reasoning is that they won't be used that often. But cupholders are provided, and the plastic, like everything selse inside, is solid and well-done.

Fold down the third-row seats (and second-row, if needed) for more cargo room, and you have plenty of it...you can stuff in a refrigerator or reasonably large chest/dresser (watch your backs, though....none of us are getting any younger). Conservative, boxy, squared-off body designs are often panned in the auto press and among auto enthusiasts "for being "boring", "stodgy" "Grandpa/Grandma" and "not cool", but there is no mistaking their space efficiency. Unfortunately, that space-efficient cargo area, like the third-row seat area, is rather poorly-trimmed, with gray, hard (but durable) plastic covering the side walls. A very thinly-carpeted pull-up cover (with a strap) opens to reveal a wide but shallow space under the floor for storage.

Perhaps out of necessity, perhaps out of choice, the temporary spare tire (yes, at 29K, it probably deserves a real spare), ended up bolted onto the bottom of the car, back up under the rear bumper...a very difficult and awkward reach if it is ever needed, especially out in the boonies. What's more, its location, in the open underneath the vehicle, exposes it to possible damage from rocks, other off-road hazards, and salt/abrasives on winter-treated roads. What's more, I didn't see skid plates or other underbody protection options listed in the brochure/literature anywhere, which was otherwise quite clear and easy-to read.

ON THE ROAD:

Start up the ubquitous Hyundai/Kia 3.8L V6 with a conventional key and dash-mounted ignition switch (top-line Limited models get a START/STOP button), and the engine settles down into a smooth and almost-quiet idle, with only a slight amount of engine noise. While not exactly slug-like, the car's nearly 4500 lb. curb weight (probably over 4700 with me in it), weight/drag of the automatic transmission/4X4 system, and less-than-optimal aerodynamics clearly blunt the 276 HP V6's performance a little. There's enough power for everyday normal driving, and, with the transfer-case and low-range, for most problems you'll find off-road. but don't take on any Mustang GTs at the stoplight. That said, power delivery is smooth and reasonably quiet, with some exhaust chuffle making itself known on acceleration. And, of course, don't expect econobox gas mileage either.....the heavy weight, blunt body shape, complex drivetrain, and the fact that the engine has to work rather hard take its toll in fuel usage. You probably won't get much more than 17-18 MPG most of the time, except on the highway at moderate speeds.

The 5-speed automatic transmission works pretty well (the V8 gets a 6-speed). The shifter has some annoying ziz-zag patterns, but is otherwise well-designed, solid-feeling, and smooth/slick to operate. Bringing the lever all the way back and to the right puts it in the manual-shift gate, where up and down-shifts are done in the usual way by bumping the lever fore/aft. Shifts are smooth and quiet, whether in manual or full-automatic mode. There are no Sport-shift paddles on the steering column, as this is not considered an appropriate class of vehicle for them, and most Borrego drivers probably wouldn't use them.

If you are looking for a BMW X3/X5-type handling SUV, look elsewhere. This is clearly not a BMW chassis or steering system. The handling is not unsafe by SUV standards, but there is clear and marked body roll, slow steering response, and a rather limp, novicaine-filled steering feel. The steering system feels a lot like that on the Hyundai Veracruz (which I have also reviewed), even though, as I mentioned above, the Veracruz is done on a different, unibody platform. Of course, the Borrego and Veracruz are not alone...few true SUVs, outside of the BMW X3/X5, Porsche Cayenne, and SRT Hemi Jeep Cherokee have what one could really call sharp handling and quick response, so that is just part of life with a vehicle like this. The standard Vehicle Stability System on the Borrego, of course, helps with the strong understeer, but one just has to accept that most vehicles like this are not sports machines. And, unless you have the Volvo/Ford Roll Stability Control, stability systems don't necessarily correct body roll.......just yaw and steering response.

Nor are the brakes very impressive, although Kia rates them to tow up to 5000 lbs on the V6 and 7500 on the V8. Both versions use the same vented 12.9" front and solid 12.8" rear discs. Kia, like SUV's from some other manufacturers, gives the Borrego Downhill Brake Control as standard equipment, which works the ABS system to hold downhill descent on steep grades to 5 MPH, although, of course, that can build up a lot of brake heat on long steep downgrades. Still, I was not impressed with the Borrego's brakes. The pedal was quite spongy, had very little response in the first couple inches of travel, only a little more as you kept pressing, and you really had to put your foot into it to get some action. Clearly not Porsche brakes here, by any means. However, the pedal was well-designed and spaced, and I didn't have any hang-up problems with my big shoe on it like I did with the Honda Fit last week. And, in all fairness, I find that almost all mid-large size SUV's have mediocre brakes, especially truck-based ones, not just this one. Older Chevy Suburbans/Silverados and their cousins, for example, were some of the worst...they were truly Push-and-Pray.

Wind and road noise were reasonably well-subdued, with only light-to-moderate amounts coming through with the standard factory tires. Ride comfort, by truck-based SUV standards, was one of the Borrego's strong points, with the suspension soaking up most bumps reasonably well, with little or none of the porposing common to many high-center-of-gravity SUVs. The ride was not limo-smooth, but was definitely one of the better ones by the standards of this type of vehicle.

THE VERDICT:

Kia has done quite a job here of offering a super-solid, well-designed, relatively comfortable, traditional truck-based SUV. And it has done so for what, IMO, is quite a bargain price, delivering the ultra-long Hyundai/Kia warranty with it. Of course, that warranty carries restrictions with it, but it still is one of the best in the industry. Adults can sit in it anywhere.....even in the third row seat....without folding up like a pretzel. Towing limits are pretty good. Ride comfort is better-than-average for a truck-based SUV. Material quality, outside of some cheap door-panel and cargo-area trim, and build solidness is unbeliveable for the price. Underhood layout is reasonably good. And there is a noted lack of electronic Jimcrackery inside...most of the controls/functions are simple and easy-to-use. The Auto 4X4 system, transfer case, and Low range allow true off-roading, although parts of the underside are relatively unprotected.

But there are trade-offs. A vehicle like this is not going to win any fuel-economy runs. The steering system has the feel...and response....of novocaine in the dentist's office. The body, in corners, leans like a palm tree in a hurricane. The brakes, despite Kia's high tow rating for them, feel like something off of a kid's bicycle. The front seats fit Twiggy a lot better than they do Rosie O'Donnell. And, last, despite the bargain purchase price up front, one has to take into account the tendency of Kias to depreciate. Despite being of far better quality now than in the past, they are still not popular as used vehicles with the public, and, of course, this shows up in depressed used-car prices. With the Borrego being being a first-year vehicle, long-term reliability is also an unknown, but the days of Hyundai/Kia products being junk are, for the most part, long gone.

But, there is a lot to recommend the Borrego, especially if you get a lease and don't have to worry about trade-in value or re-selling it. Despite the unimpressive brakes and handling, I can join Mike (1SICKLEX) in saying that if this is your type of vehicle.....go for it. Just give that car ahead of you some room, and don't tailgate him.

Last edited by mmarshall; 11-12-08 at 05:07 AM.
Old 11-11-08, 04:24 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Another thorough review. Thanks Mike!

So, I see the Borrego, and my first impression is "I've seen that before." For a first generation vehicle, its design already seems outdated.

And it was brought into an overcrowded market; I don't think it will stand out in any particular aspect that will make it desireable to the masses.

I doubt that Kia is expecting the Borrego to be a high volume seller. However, I think that if Kia/Hyundai want to dip their toes into the overcrowded SUV pool, they better realize that they're not the most popular kids around.

I would like to see how Kia/Hyundai's current moves will help them progress in the future. I know it's a first step, but this step lacks the vigor needed to make them a standout rookie in the U.S. market.
Old 11-11-08, 05:05 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
Another thorough review. Thanks Mike!
Thanks. Anytime.

So, I see the Borrego, and my first impression is "I've seen that before." For a first generation vehicle, its design already seems outdated.
Well, like I said in the review, you tend, at first glance, to associate it with Hyundai mid-sized SUVs like the Santa Fe and Veracruz, but that is not the case. It's a completely different platform.

And it was brought into an overcrowded market; I don't think it will stand out in any particular aspect that will make it desireable to the masses.
What DOES stand out on this vehicle, IMO, is its build solidness and bargain price, much of what its competitors cannot match. But, you won't know it just by looking at pictures; one must go look at this vehicle in the showroom or on the lot to gauge that.

I doubt that Kia is expecting the Borrego to be a high volume seller. However, I think that if Kia/Hyundai want to dip their toes into the overcrowded SUV pool, they better realize that they're not the most popular kids around.

I would like to see how Kia/Hyundai's current moves will help them progress in the future. I know it's a first step, but this step lacks the vigor needed to make them a standout rookie in the U.S. market.

You also have to take into account that The Borrego is not Kia's only choice in SUV's; it is only the size, off-roading, and towing champ. There is also the smaller Sorento and Sportage, which, unlike the truck-based Borrego, ARE unibody, car-based Hyundai cousins. Both offer better mileage, better handling, more effective brakes, and better steering response than the Borrego (and the Sorento offers a wood-tone interior), but lack the Borrego's, rock-solid sheet metal, doors, frame, hardware, and towing capacity.
Old 11-11-08, 05:07 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

p.s. Borrego is as bigger than Camry as LX is bigger than Borrego :-)
Old 11-11-08, 05:13 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by spwolf
p.s. Borrego is as bigger than Camry as LX is bigger than Borrego :-)

I'm not sure I follow you here, or what you mean. The Borrego is pretty good-sized, inside and out.....and space-efficient to boot. Even the third-row seat can accomodate real adults...it's not just for Junior and his/her friends.
Old 11-11-08, 05:20 PM
FKL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Once again a great review.

I'm wondering what's in your upcomming queue? I'd love to see a review of the VW Jetta TDI clean diesel...the first real challenger to the Prius!

I love reading these! Keep it up
Old 11-11-08, 05:27 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by FKL
Once again a great review.
Thanks.

I'm wondering what's in your upcomming queue? I'd love to see a review of the VW Jetta TDI clean diesel...the first real challenger to the Prius!

I love reading these! Keep it up
OK.....Jetta TDI coming up.

Then, next month, the special Holiday Review I do every December for CL will be a real treat. I won't tell you what car that will be....IF I can get my hands on one (dealers are notoriously picky with them). Wait and see.
Old 11-11-08, 09:05 PM
LexFather

Thanks, we agree on most, including the brakes!!!

Old 11-12-08, 05:25 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Thanks, we agree on most, including the brakes!!!

What were the exceptions? My guess is that you didn't care for the two-box styling as much as I did, and maybe needed a firmer suspension.
Old 11-12-08, 08:06 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall

Well, like I said in the review, you tend, at first glance, to associate it with Hyundai mid-sized SUVs like the Santa Fe and Veracruz, but that is not the case. It's a completely different platform.
Oh, I wasn't just thinking of the platform.

Kia's design is a big yawn. The design reminds me of older generation Japanese SUVs: boxy, generic, and uninspiring.

For Hyundai, their touches with the Santa Fe and Veracruz are quite fresh and modern; a bit more curvaceous and visually interesing. It seems that for the Kia Borrego, they went a bit "retro" with the design, and not in a good way.
Old 11-12-08, 09:46 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
Oh, I wasn't just thinking of the platform.

Kia's design is a big yawn. The design reminds me of older generation Japanese SUVs: boxy, generic, and uninspiring.

For Hyundai, their touches with the Santa Fe and Veracruz are quite fresh and modern; a bit more curvaceous and visually interesing. It seems that for the Kia Borrego, they went a bit "retro" with the design, and not in a good way.

Boxy designs may not be sports-car exciting to look at, but they DO work for a lot of space efficiency, which is one of the things you want in an SUV or minivan. The Borrego's third-row seats, for example are superb.....even fit for adults. Not many SUV's outside of the Suburban-Expedition class can say that.
Old 01-23-10, 01:17 AM
kurtdaniel
Driver School Candidate

this car is amazing..just a few customization using flowmaster mufflers would make this perfect..i love it..

Last edited by kurtdaniel; 01-25-10 at 06:01 PM.
Old 01-23-10, 10:05 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I think the new design look more rugged and appealing ( at least to me). I am amazed at the improvements that Hyundai/Kia have made over the last 3-4 years. Good job.

Thanks for another amazing review. We appreciate the time it takes to do one. Thanks again buddy
Old 01-23-10, 04:50 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I think the new design look more rugged and appealing ( at least to me). I am amazed at the improvements that Hyundai/Kia have made over the last 3-4 years. Good job.

Thanks for another amazing review. We appreciate the time it takes to do one. Thanks again buddy
Sure...anytime. But this is an old thread, of course.

I hope to see the new 2010 Borrego next week at the D.C. Auto Show, and see how it compares (at least out on the floor) to the 2009. I was impressed with the 2009's build quality, and I hope Kia doesn't do much cost-cutting on the new one. Cost-cutting, with thinner, lighter materials and decontenting, seems to be the name of the game now for many automakers, with some exceptions.
Old 01-23-10, 11:16 PM
lamar411
Pole Position

I like it, good car for beginning families especially if they buy it used. Gas mileage is pretty good w/ the V6, as im only averaging 17.5mpg.

Quick Reply: Review: 2009 Kia Borrego LX