Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2008 AC Schnitzer BMW X6 Falcon.

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-08, 02:46 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts
Default 2008 AC Schnitzer BMW X6 Falcon.

In all black

AC Schnitzer BMW X6 Falcon

Falcons are becoming increasingly common in town. Now a particularly imposing variant of the agile predator is conquering the road valleys with its broad wings: the Falcon based on the X6 by AC Schnitzer. It follows the styling features of the X5 version of the same name, already successfully launched. Other identifying marks are the striking wing extensions of PU-RIM, a high quality plastic which is far more flexible and robust than for example GRP laminate or deep-drawn materials such as ABS. The dimensions of the X6 in the attractive lengthways format are 70 mm wider at the front axle and 80 mm wider at the rear. In other respects too the Falcon is perfectly adapted to its habitat. Instead of sweeping through the sky, it swept around the North Loop of the Nurburgring in numerous laps until the chassis developers and Engineering Director Manfred Wollgarten were totally satisfied with the setup of the new AC Schnitzer springs. Now the X6 remains firmly on the ground even at speeds which a normal falcon only achieves in a nosedive. And of course, on every corner. Downforce instead of lift, was the motto in the design of the impressive plumage, styled by Chief Designer Michele Viandante. The aerodynamics package includes a front skirt with diagonal air inlets, and repositioned fog lamps. The submarining protection has been removed in favour of a dynamically contoured spoiler edge. The Falcon rear now wears a solid skirt with edge frame. In contrast to the original, all components are painted in body colour throughout, so that the body appears drawn further down and hence more dominant. Instead of the submarining protection also originally fitted here, AC Schnitzer has opted for a rear diffuser and completed the effect with a new rear spoiler.

While birds generally sing in high keys, the bass engine note of the Falcon is more suggestive of a big cat. The twin-flow exhaust system in AC Schnitzer Racing Design however has an excellent resonance section. A lot of noise about nothing? On the contrary: thanks to the Control Unit, AC Schnitzer takes the series diesel engines, already excellent as standard, of types 30d and 35d to 200 kW / 272 HP instead of 173 kW / 235 HP, and 228 kW / 310 HP instead of 210 kW / 286 HP respectively. Perfect handling with corresponding Look and Feel is achieved with the "EVO" 3-spoke sports airbag steering wheel.

Instead of the falconer's rings, the "legs" of the Falcon are decorated with the multipiece AC Schnitzer alloy wheels Type Vll. With black or silver paint and a dense sequence of spokes, the 22" rim perfectly complements the challenging appearance. The alternating spread angle of the web pairs gives a refined look. Decorated and equipped in this way, the AC Schnitzer Falcon really has no natural enemies out there.

AC Schnitzer Falcon based on BMW X6 data
Engine:
AC Schnitzer performance upgrades
for BMW X6 3.0dX with 173 kW / 235 HP to
200 kW / 272 HP through new Control Unit
for BMW X6 3.5dX with 210 kW / 286 HP to
228 kW / 310 HP through new Control Unit

Exhaust:
  • AC Schnitzer sports rear silencer
  • incl. two chromed “Racing“ tailpipes
  • for X6 30dX, 35dX, 35iX, 50iX
  • Suspension: AC Schnitzer spring kit for cars with or without self levelling;
  • X6 30dX, 35dX, 35iX, 50iX
Aerodynamics:
  • AC Schnitzer front spoiler
  • AC Schnitzer rear skirt
  • AC Schnitzer rear spoiler
  • AC Schnitzer edge frame
  • AC Schnitzer bonnet vents, air duct set for bonnet
  • AC Schnitzer wide body front fenders:+ 70 mm
  • rear fenders: + 80 mm
Steering:
  • AC Schnitzer 3-spoke sports airbag steering wheel
  • AC Schnitzer 3-spoke sports airbag steering wheel “Evo“
  • AC Schnitzer carbon steering wheel insert silver "Exklusiv"
Interior:
  • AC Schnitzer carbon interior silver “Exklusiv“
  • AC Schnitzer carbon door panels silver “Exclusiv“
  • AC Schnitzer aluminium cover for i-Drive system
  • AC Schnitzer aluminium cover for i-Drive system “Black Line“
  • AC Schnitzer aluminium pedals
  • AC Schnitzer aluminium foot rest
  • AC Schnitzer velours floor mats
Wheels:
AC Schnitzer Racing Wheels Type VII silver or black
front: 10,0J x 22“ offset 20 with tyres 295/30 R22
rear: 11,5J x 22“ offset 10 with tyres 335/25 R22
*source
http://www.tuningnews.net/article/08...zer-x6-falcon/
Old 10-29-08, 02:53 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Initially I was thinking the 2-tone was maybe a bit silly, but then I saw the all black and decided that maybe the 2-tone is kinda cool.

Unfortunately, it's still an x6.
Old 10-29-08, 02:55 PM
farquad
Lexus Test Driver

i love the X6
Old 10-29-08, 02:57 PM
bruce van
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where's the lipstick?
Old 10-29-08, 03:04 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Old 10-29-08, 03:07 PM
LexFather

^^ HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA

As is not driving this ugly beast is enough. No, lets make it so NO ONE misses it.

I remember back in the 1980s and 1990s, people were pretty good at knowing what was ugly and what looked good. Somewhere in the early 2000s, ugly became not just argued, but acceptable to people based on badge.

It looks like a modified Pontiac Aztek. Sorry.

Old 10-29-08, 04:09 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

wats up with the bolt on fender flares.........

makes the wheels look small
Old 10-29-08, 04:24 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

ACS actually made the X6 less appealing than it is stock.

Some vehicles have good and bad angles to view them from.

I can't find any good angles on this one.

Maybe it looks less bad in person?
Old 10-29-08, 05:09 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by SoCalSC4
ACS actually made the X6 less appealing than it is stock.

Some vehicles have good and bad angles to view them from.

I can't find any good angles on this one.

Maybe it looks less bad in person?
Meet my son, X6

Old 10-29-08, 05:36 PM
TwiBlueG35
Lexus Champion

BMW X6 and X5 are my favorite SUVs along with Land Rover Range Rover. And the two tone colors are very good looking.
Old 10-29-08, 05:44 PM
KINGLEX
Driver

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Meet my son, X6

It's funny how you sweat the X6 so hard, but then call it ugly. There hasn't been one time since I got it in August that I haven't received multiple compliments on it. I get stopped at lights, people walk up to my car when it is parked and do a walk around, then try to look inside. Take a look at the cars that I have owned, this isn't my first luxury car. The X6 attracts so much attention that I had to get a toyota econo-box as a beater to run around in. So sometime in the last 10 years people started to hate on cars, because of the badge, or lack of affordability. Anyone that has ever driven an X6 knows that it drives like no other. It is an absolutely sick beast. If you think any bmw looks like a pontiac then an eye exam is needed. I wish people didn't like the X6 in real life not cyber world, because I wouldn't have to run around in the camry, when I want to be incognito. the events described are true stories of encounters with real people, not internet haters.

-King Bimmer
Old 10-29-08, 05:59 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by KINGLEX
It's funny how you sweat the X6 so hard, but then call it ugly. There hasn't been one time since I got it in August that I haven't received multiple compliments on it. I get stopped at lights, people walk up to my car when it is parked and do a walk around, then try to look inside. Take a look at the cars that I have owned, this isn't my first luxury car. The X6 attracts so much attention that I had to get a toyota econo-box as a beater to run around in. So sometime in the last 10 years people started to hate on cars, because of the badge, or lack of affordability. Anyone that has ever driven an X6 knows that it drives like no other. It is an absolutely sick beast. If you think any bmw looks like a pontiac then an eye exam is needed. I wish people didn't like the X6 in real life not cyber world, because I wouldn't have to run around in the camry, when I want to be incognito. the events described are true stories of encounters with real people, not internet haters.

-King Bimmer
I understand you own this vehicle and my comments are not towards you. That is how I (and plenty others) feel about the vehicle. Justify your purchase, I don't care.

It is what it is. We both know this is not a vehicle that will be adored by most, it is too polarizing, which is part of what attracted you.

Understand then, its a very love/hate car. And of course in "real life", you will post "people love it". Such is the way of the internet.

Old 10-29-08, 06:07 PM
KINGLEX
Driver

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I understand you own this vehicle and my comments are not towards you. That is how I (and plenty others) feel about the vehicle. Justify your purchase, I don't care.

It is what it is. We both know this is not a vehicle that will be adored by most, it is too polarizing, which is part of what attracted you.

Understand then, its a very love/hate car. And of course in "real life", you will post "people love it". Such is the way of the internet.

I am surely not trying to justify my purchase. I could by something else if I wasn't happy with it. It's just weird that the real world vs internet reaction is so different. I am not offended by cyber people calling it ugly, because I didn't design the car. I just think that there is an underlying reason for the dramatic difference in reactions. If people hate this car so much then why would I go out and purchase a Camry in cash 1 month after I bought it. with the attention I get in it, you would think it is a Lambo. FYI, I do not buy cars for attention or to show status. That is why I buy BMW's, they are one of the very few carmakers that actually care about driving dynamics. The inline 6 twin turbo is an absolute masterpiece.

-King Bimmer
Old 10-29-08, 06:11 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

Looks better stock... This is a HUGE step back for the already questionable X6. I've seen one in person and I like them, but this is just gross.
Old 10-29-08, 06:13 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by KINGLEX
I am surely not trying to justify my purchase. I could by something else if I wasn't happy with it. It's just weird that the real world vs internet reaction is so different. I am not offended by cyber people calling it ugly, because I didn't design the car. I just think that there is an underlying reason for the dramatic difference in reactions. If people hate this car so much then why would I go out and purchase a Camry in cash 1 month after I bought it. with the attention I get in it, you would think it is a Lambo. FYI, I do not buy cars for attention or to show status. That is why I buy BMW's, they are one of the very few carmakers that actually care about driving dynamics. The inline 6 twin turbo is an absolute masterpiece.

-King Bimmer
Lets be real here. Will ANYONE walk up to you and say "that is one ugly ****"? No! In the real world, people will say they like it though b/c its sociably acceptable.

I can't count how many meets and shows I've been too. Its rare for someone to say how they feel, from ugly car, to ugly wheels. They will say it away from the owner "damn thats ugly".

Lets look at the RX for example, not ugly but seen as a "soccer moms car". It is what it is. People will rarely say it in person, but clearly they feel that way reading the internet.

The internet allows people to say how they feel, even vent, without having to worry about persecution or getting their *** beat.

Me, I'll tell you in person in a nice way "thats not my bag" and on the internet (more bravado) and people can vouch for that.

I for one am glad you post about your X6 experience.

Quick Reply: 2008 AC Schnitzer BMW X6 Falcon.