Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Official WHATS IT WORTH? thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-08, 09:03 PM
thetopdog
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jcat_GS3
magnetic ride control or no? that's a big option in those cars.

without the MRC, i have an average trade in of 34,600. With MRC, i have an average trade in of 35,500.

now, its easy to say the market for these cars has gone down with high gas prices, but I actually think the opposite. these cars are obviously not bought for fuel efficiency, and are only used on weekends predominantly. The vette is one of the more popular weekend cars and there will always be a buyer, especially in your color because it's so rare. You've taken very good care of it by the sound of things, but honestly for a vette, the mileage is a bit high for an 06.

my opinion, if you were going to trade it, the dealer is going to offer you a foolish number based on the small market segment for the vette, probably around 25-27k. This is so they can turn around and put it back on the lot for 38k and work their way back down and make their money. That being said, i would never take less than 30k for a trade in with this car. Selling it outright, I'd say hold off like you're planning, try to keep the mileage down, and in a few years when you're ready, dump it for 30-35k based on rarity and condition..
Thanks a lot for the feedback. It doesn't have the MRC. $34k is a lot more than I was expecting. I paid $41.5k for it in April 2007, and it had 17,000 miles on it, so $7k in depreciation doesn't seem excessive.

It's my daily driver (even through the Massachusetts winter) so it's going to have a lot of miles. I know a lot of Vette guys put minimal miles on their car, but I'm not planning on getting rid of it any time soon, so I'm not afraid to take road trips. I figure I might as well enjoy the car while I've got it.

Thanks again for the detailed response, I appreciate it.
Old 10-14-08, 09:29 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by jcat_GS3
nav? heated seats? sport package? these will help me be a bit more accurate.

ok, its still a bit too soon for the 08's to have good information about them, but i can infer it based on an 07.

if it does have all those options, i'm getting a clean trade in of 32,075 (1k more than an 07).

that's a pretty decent number, considering depreciation these days.

a dealer would again offer you a ridiculous number, probably in the neighborhood of 25k. I wouldn't trade it for any less than 29k.

selling it outright, i wouldn't take less than 33k. The car gets excellent mileage, obviously holds its value, and lexus is one of the brands to buy right now for their excellent reliability.

cheers
the car doesnt have any of the above

it only has:
upgraded 18' wheels
around 5800 miles
Matador Red
Manual transmission

2008 IS250

i am seriously thinking about trading in for something that has little more juice. your quote would be appreciated!!
Old 10-14-08, 09:31 PM
TwiBlueG35
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2004 Lexus RX330 FWD SUV, Flint Mica/Gray interior, 19000miles on it. It has Premium package, Navigation system with rear view camera/Mark Levinson Package, Rear entertainment system with 2 wireless headphones, 18" alloy wheels, HID, Heated front seats. No major dents or scratches on the paint, but dirty and wear on the leather seats. It is my mother's vehicle but she doesn't want it.