Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Infiniti financing/lease deals galore 0% for 72 months

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-08, 05:37 PM
LexFather

Post Infiniti financing/lease deals galore 0% for 72 months

Well not even a year and I was right. A sales flop. You can now get 0% financing up to 72 months on an EX. (and the QX)

Lexus Financial won't finance after 60 months.

Just went to the website, wow
Infiniti M35/45, G35, G37c, 0% or 0.9% APR 60 months

Nothing on the FX b/c its new but like the EX, it will flop. Wait a few months if you want one.

Like BMW, I never approved of this "luxurious" way of selling luxury vehicles. It drives sales short term but kills prestige and it kills your dealers when trades start to pile in, especially SUV trades as we have seen recently. It kills your bottom line and profitability.

I see 0% financing, I think GM.

On the flipside, if you want an Infiniti, the consumer clearly wins here.

You see, being a true luxury brand is not just selling a great vehicle. Its the ENTIRE WAY you do business.

Old 08-22-08, 06:12 PM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKGOAT
Well not even a year and I was right. A sales flop. You can now get 0% financing up to 72 months on an EX. (and the QX)
You see, being a true luxury brand is not just selling a great vehicle. Its the ENTIRE WAY you do business.
Maybe so so 1SICK. But this is a class of vehicle that doesn't make much sense no matter how good it is (too small to be of any utility and too tall to be of much sport) and the EX is a good car. It competes with its own brother, the G, and it just doesn't make a good case for itself in that way. That's why the EX is not moving. It's a nice car that no one can spend their money on.
Old 08-22-08, 06:37 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

god damn, maybe i should consider infiniti!
Old 08-22-08, 06:43 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A pity. It does have a lotta potential and out of all the compact premium SUVs (RDX, X3 etc), this one's my favourite.
Old 08-22-08, 06:43 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by speedflex
Maybe so so 1SICK. But this is a class of vehicle that doesn't make much sense no matter how good it is (too small to be of any utility and too tall to be of much sport) and the EX is a good car. It competes with its own brother, the G, and it just doesn't make a good case for itself in that way. That's why the EX is not moving. It's a nice car that no one can spend their money on.
i can say that i dont particularilly understand the EX & what ever the nissan one is either
Old 08-22-08, 06:48 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by rominl
god damn, maybe i should consider infiniti!
()#$()#() it Henry I literally spit my Welch's White Grape Juice out reading that....I like that damn juice...

I also recommend it with

http://www.navanworld.com/soon_to_come.htm

Vodka. It is grape based, so mixed with the white grape juice, well its crack

I mean that in an upscale, mature, snobbish way.

Old 08-22-08, 06:50 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Faymester
i can say that i dont particularilly understand the EX & what ever the nissan one is either
I don't think Nissan has a model similar to the EX. They have the new Rogue which is selling very well - And the Murano which has been a good selling vehicle for them for years.
Old 08-22-08, 06:58 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
I don't think Nissan has a model similar to the EX. They have the new Rogue which is selling very well - And the Murano which has been a good selling vehicle for them for years.
I think she was referring to the Rogue.

The EX is for those who want a premium SUV but not such a large one that has people jeering at them for driving an SUV. (Think MDX, FX, Escalade, Q7, M-Class, X5, etc)
Old 08-22-08, 07:07 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Nextourer
I think she was referring to the Rogue.

The EX is for those who want a premium SUV but not such a large one that has people jeering at them for driving an SUV. (Think MDX, FX, Escalade, Q7, M-Class, X5, etc)
Its really a wagon/hatchback. The EX cannot tow anything, like a SUV can.

Old 08-22-08, 07:16 PM
Iceman
Lexus Champion

This reminds me of a friend of mine. He owned a Mustang Cobra and an Explorer Sport. Both cars were, as you might expect, pieces of crap. He was in the shop all the time and got treated poorly by every dealer he tried. Eventually the Explorer left his wife and newborn child stranded on the side of the road.

They had it towed back to the dealer, and then he bought a new Freestyle. Why on earth would he do that, you ask? Because they were offering 0% financing! Still, even as I type this, I can't believe it. When a brand treats you that badly, yet you come crawling back because of a silly short-term financial gimmick...

So now Infiniti has stooped to the same desperate tactics, and they'll get the same desperate customers to take the deal. Sad...
Old 08-22-08, 07:24 PM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Being that I don't care about prestige I have no problems with this move. Lexus may go the 'nose stuck in the air' route and refuse to lick their wounds in this slower economy. I don't think that's necessarily a bad choice, but I also have no problems with the way Infiniti is doing it... seems far less pretentious to me, and I don't care for pretentiousness in a car brand. Then again look what I'm driving... a BMW... very pretentious company overall, but hey, the deal was good and the car was fun so I took it.

The EX... haven't seen many but I did check one out in person the other day and couldn't help but think that it looked like a woman's shoe.

I LOVE the M35... my boss has one and I drove it... very nice.

I don't need any new cars for a year though.
Old 08-22-08, 07:38 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Threxx
Being that I don't care about prestige I have no problems with this move. Lexus may go the 'nose stuck in the air' route and refuse to lick their wounds in this slower economy. I don't think that's necessarily a bad choice, but I also have no problems with the way Infiniti is doing it... seems far less pretentious to me, and I don't care for pretentiousness in a car brand. Then again look what I'm driving... a BMW... very pretentious company overall, but hey, the deal was good and the car was fun so I took it.

The EX... haven't seen many but I did check one out in person the other day and couldn't help but think that it looked like a woman's shoe.

I LOVE the M35... my boss has one and I drove it... very nice.

I don't need any new cars for a year though.
Its not "nose stuck in the air". Its deflating your luxury pretensions. Imagine American Express having sales constantly to get anyone in an AE card.

The luxury business is one where you cannot afford too many missteps. This is not just the auto business but the LUXURY arena.

I stated that the consumer wins here, if you want an Infiniti. However, this is another shot in the foot for them trying to move upward.

BMW and Infiniti both have the lowest financing rates in the industry, trying to sell vehicles in a slower economy. The EX and FX could not have been launched at a worse time

Old 08-22-08, 07:41 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKGOAT
()#$()#() it Henry I literally spit my Welch's White Grape Juice out reading that....I like that damn juice...

I also recommend it with

http://www.navanworld.com/soon_to_come.htm

Vodka. It is grape based, so mixed with the white grape juice, well its crack

I mean that in an upscale, mature, snobbish way.
Navan, yes good stuff, much better then regular GM. My friend and I drank a bottle of Navan around Christmas and it was excellent, I love drinking it in the winter every once in awhile..
Old 08-22-08, 07:46 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by UDel
Navan, yes good stuff, much better then regular GM. My friend and I drank a bottle of Navan around Christmas and it was excellent, I love drinking it in the winter every once in awhile..
Don't tell anyone we agree on something.

Old 08-22-08, 07:48 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

I did not think the EX would sell well, it is in a very niche segment and the EX, RDX, and X3 are all pretty pointless vehicles to most and have zero appeal to me although I do like the RDX interior and powerplant, just not the overall vehicle that much. I would take a G35/G37 or just about any sports sedan anyday over a EX35 no matter how good the EX is, I don't see the point in it or the new FX or X6 other then a show off kind of vehicle that you have more money then sense and will waste it on a pointless overpriced SUV that has about the same utility or less then a less expensive better handling sedan. If I wanted a good handling SUV with utility I would get a MDX.

Quick Reply: Infiniti financing/lease deals galore 0% for 72 months