Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2009 VW CC Gold Coast Edition (starting under 27K)

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-08, 03:47 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts
Default 2009 VW CC Gold Coast Edition (starting under 27K)

Volkswagen Introduces The 2009 Passat CC Gold Coast

To kick off the market launch of the new CC, Volkswagen of America, Inc. will debut a CC Gold Coast edition at the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance, August 15-17. The CC Gold Coast highlights the luxury sports coupe with powerful performance, strong lines and luxury touches combining the emotional and expressive stance of a sports coupé with the convenience of a luxury sedan.

“The CC Gold Coast builds upon the luxury sports coupe that debuted at the 2008 North American International Auto Show,” said Derek Jenkins, Chief Designer at Volkswagen’s Santa Monica, California Design Center. “We’ve added luxury and performance extras like tri-coat paint, high-end interior appointments, and ground affects that enhance the sportiness of our newest sedan.”

The unmistakable Volkswagen front-end, with two cross-struts and a centrally placed Volkswagen logo between trapezoidal headlamps is highlighted by the ground effects on the CC Gold Coast. A high-end tri-coat paint, DuPont’s Pepe Pepper, features a rich mix of gold, brown and silver tones that compliment the cars design characteristics.

The rear end of the coupé is also marked by large-surface dual taillights that produce an unmistakable visual image day and night. A spoiler with additional rear-end ground effects helps further enhance the vehicle’s sporty nature. The CC Gold Coast sits on 19 inch propeller style wheels, which provide a combination of sharp style and improved curb appeal.
Volkswagen’s attention to detail is shown off in the interior of the CC Gold Coast with four ergonomically formed sport seats wrapped in luxurious leather, a combination of Latte Macchiatto, Cornsilk with Bronze Piping on the seats with matching accents on the dash and door trim.

The CC Gold Coast edition features the 3.6L TFSI, rated at 280 horsepower and 265lbs.-ft of torque, with the innovative DSG double-clutch 6-speed automatic transmission with Tiptronic, yet another example of the car’s dual nature. The DSG system not only offers the driver the advantage of choosing between fully automatic operation or full manual selection, DSG also changes gears more quickly and smoothly than a conventional transmission, while improving fuel economy.

The CC comes to U.S. market in the fourth quarter of 2008, with a starting price under $27,000.
Old 08-21-08, 04:06 PM
JessePS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice price tag... its pretty cool hows its next to a Bentley. i know, i know same company
Old 08-21-08, 04:07 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

im sorry but just because of this car lexus has just lost one owner haha i think it looks awesome and id much rather have this then a camry accord or malibu
Old 08-21-08, 04:09 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

not bad ... cant say i like the seats ... but other than that it seems good

$27k seems reasonable for a vw ... i think
Old 08-21-08, 04:14 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

Sorry if the title is confusing. A base model, which wont look like that will start at under 27K. That more than likely means cloth seats and smaller rims.

But I will say that after seeing this CC in person, it is one beautiful vehicle. Rear overhang is a little long (huge, deep trunk nad a surprisingly roomy back seat even if it is a 4 seater), but other than that, I was surprised at how good looking it really is.
Old 08-21-08, 05:17 PM
LexFather

I have to say that looks fantastic.

I also want to say I want to drop-kick anyone and any author that says this is a luxury sport coupe.

WTF?!!!?!? Its a VW sedan with swoopy styling.

Might as well call it a 3 door SUV.

Old 08-21-08, 05:24 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jmd93
im sorry but just because of this car lexus has just lost one owner haha i think it looks awesome and id much rather have this then a camry accord or malibu
Not only that, I would rather have this car than an ES. I have huge respect for VW for making a car as good looking yet niche-like as this, even if it is a blatant rip off of the CLS mindset.

Originally Posted by 1SICKGOAT
I also want to say I want to drop-kick anyone and any author that says this is a luxury sport coupe.

WTF?!!!?!? Its a VW sedan with swoopy styling.

Might as well call it a 3 door SUV.
I believe that coupes have historically pertained more to the greenhouse shape rather than the number of doors the car has. While we've gotten used to associating coupe with cars that have 2 doors, a coupe is anything with a shorter, faster greenhouse.
Old 08-21-08, 05:55 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

i curious about the standard/options list ... & what does that one cost?
Old 08-21-08, 09:07 PM
bruce van
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like. They should drop the diesel engine in this thing.
Old 08-22-08, 05:32 AM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

^ i was looking at the stats on the vw site and if i am correct they will offer a 2.0 diesel
Old 08-22-08, 05:51 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by knihc2008
Not only that, I would rather have this car than an ES. I have huge respect for VW for making a car as good looking yet niche-like as this, even if it is a blatant rip off of the CLS mindset.

I believe that coupes have historically pertained more to the greenhouse shape rather than the number of doors the car has. While we've gotten used to associating coupe with cars that have 2 doors, a coupe is anything with a shorter, faster greenhouse.
We had this debate before. Coupe= 2 doors.

if the CLS and this CC is a coupe, why not the GS or IS, they are just as slick looking? Lexus is not one to have marketing make up stuff, these are sedans, not coupes!

Old 08-22-08, 02:08 PM
intrinsic
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GFerg
A base model, which wont look like that will start at under 27K. That more than likely means cloth seats and smaller rims.
i personally work for vw at a dealership and for around 26,800 you will a base model but fixed up decently. you'll get leatherette (not cloth) seats instead of the leather in the picture, 17" alloys, 4 disk abs, alarm, single cd radio, standard halogen lamps, and power everything. The one pictured is pretty much the top of the line without the 4motion all-wheel drive system and should be around 38k. but now for 2009 models they are offering free maintenance @ 3yrs/36k which saves $ especially how much maintenance is on euro cars.

i've seen this car in person and its frekin' sexy. have debating if i should get rid of the 2is for this....20mpg city/ 29highway aint too bad for the base 2.0T with 200hp
Old 08-22-08, 05:39 PM
LexFather

CAn I say I reallly like how this looks again? Nice VW!

Old 08-22-08, 10:21 PM
Perfection
Lead Lap

This car looks amazing
Old 08-23-08, 12:57 AM
Yay-Z
Lead Lap

i saw theses while I was in london. Pretty sweet

Quick Reply: 2009 VW CC Gold Coast Edition (starting under 27K)