Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus Introduces Pebble Beach Edition LS 600hL and Sixth Annual SC430 Pebble Beach.

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-08, 12:56 PM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lexus Introduces Pebble Beach Edition LS 600hL and Sixth Annual SC430 Pebble Beach.

08/14/2008
August 14, 2008 - Torrance, CA - Lexus introduced the first-ever LS 600h L Pebble Beach Edition and the sixth SC 430 Pebble Beach Edition to commemorate its continuing partnership with Pebble Beach Company. The vehicles were unveiled at the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance Lexus Fashion Preview on August 15, 2008. Production of these 2009 Pebble Beach Edition vehicles are limited to 50 LS 600h L flagship hybrid luxury sedans and 300 SC 430 hardtop convertibles. Pebble Beach Edition owners have the opportunity to customize their ownership experience by selecting from one of three distinctive merchandise packages: Callaway Golf Experience, Travel Package or Epicurean Encounter.

The LS 600h L's distinctive L-finesse styling is complemented by a unique exterior/interior color combination exclusive to the Pebble Beach Edition with a Truffle Mica exterior paint combined with an exclusive two-tone Alabaster and Black leather trim interior with Dark Grey Bird's-eye maple wood trim. Additional styling cues include 19-inch, five-spoke wheels with a unique finish, Pebble Beach interior badging, premium black floor mats with stainless steel badging, and blue illuminated scuff plates. The Pebble Beach LS hybrid comes standard with the Advanced Pre-Collision System (APCS) which incorporates the world's first system designed to help detect pedestrians in the vehicle's path, as well as world's first Driver Monitor System that helps warn drivers if it senses an obstacle ahead of the car and that the driver's head is not facing forward. The APCS system helps prepare the car for evasive action or collision by triggering appropriate sensors in the car and retracting the front seatbelts. Furthermore, the Pebble Beach Edition LS 600h L is equipped with the Advanced Parking Guidance System, Rear-Seat Entertainment System (RSES), power rear-door sunshades and rear-seat side airbags.

Celebrating its sixth year, the new Pebble Beach Edition SC 430 receives an exterior/interior color combination with a Mercury Metallic exterior paint and an exclusive two-tone Ecru and Black leather trim interior with Black Bird's-eye maple wood trim. The retractable hardtop convertible includes special-edition brushed chrome badging on the front fenders and center console, and an Ecru The Lone Cypress™ logo embroidered on black carpeted floor mats. It also features a color-keyed rear spoiler, 18-inch Machined Tourmaline alloy wheels, and white illuminated scuff plates. All-season run-flat or summer run-flat tires are available.

The Lexus partnership with Pebble Beach Resorts initiated in August of 2003 with the debut of the first Pebble Beach Edition SC 430. This established Lexus as the Preferred Vehicle of Pebble Beach Resorts and has offered Pebble Beach Edition Lexus owners a variety of amenities designed to evoke the exclusivity that comes with an excursion to the Pebble Beach Resorts. Presently, guests of Pebble Beach Resorts can experience the on-going partnership with complimentary time in a Lexus test-drive vehicle or transportation service to and from several locations in a Lexus Guest Transportation vehicle.

In February 2008, the Pebble Beach Edition RX 350 and ES 350 models were introduced into the collection. The LS 600h L is the fourth vehicle model to receive a Pebble Beach Edition package.

The 2009 SC 430 and LS 600h L Pebble Beach Edition vehicles go on sale in September and October 2008, respectively.

Lexus Personalization Program
Owners of an RX or ES Pebble Beach Edition can customize their ownership experience with the Lexus Personalization Program. Three distinct categories of packages are designed to invoke the unparalleled feel of the world-famous Pebble Beach Resorts: The Callaway Golf Experience, Travel Sets, and Epicurean Encounter. Owners can select from item(s) in one of the packages.

The Callaway Golf® Experience
Four exclusive packages are designed to improve the look and performance of one's golf game. One dozen personalized Callaway Golf Tour ix Golf ***** can be combined with a Callaway Golf Ft-I driver or Callaway Golf Hyper X driver and one X Hybrid. Three Callaway Golf X-Forged wedges and one Odyssey White Hot XG 2-Ball putter are matched to one dozen personalized Callaway Golf Tour ix Golf *****. One case (12 dozen) of personalized Callaway Golf Tour ix Golf ***** is also available.

Travel Package
Pebble Beach Edition owners can carry style and refinement from their vehicle into a luxury hotel with one of three luxury luggage packages. A café-colored three-piece leather luggage set includes two cabin duffels, one carriage duffel, and personalized embossed luggage tags. Two pairs of Callaway Golf Eyewear complement the café-colored leather briefcase or the café-colored leather tote bag.

Epicurean Encounter
Those owners interested in improving their culinary skills can choose the Epicurean Encounter. They can select a six-piece Viking® Santoku Cutlery Set including 10-slot maple knife block or a four-piece Viking Cookware set. Both come with a Viking Cooking School $200 gift card redeemable for cooking classes or merchandise online at vikingrange.com. The package also offers the option of a café-colored leather wine tote and a diverse selection of wines from member wineries of the highly regarded Napa Valley Vintners.

About Lexus
Lexus has become synonymous with luxury since its introduction in 1989. By offering some of the finest quality luxury vehicles and providing benchmark customer service, Lexus has remained the top-selling luxury nameplate in the United States for eight years in a row. Lexus and its 223 dealers have repeatedly achieved high honors for both the products they sell and the customer service they provide.

About Pebble Beach Company
Pebble Beach Company, headquartered in Pebble Beach, Calif., owns and operates the world-famous Pebble Beach Resorts®, including The Lodge at Pebble Beach™, The Inn at Spanish Bay™ and Casa Palmero®. The company also operates four renowned golf courses: Pebble Beach Golf Links®, Spyglass Hill® Golf Course, The Links at Spanish Bay™ and Del Monte™ Golf Course. Its other famed properties include the scenic 17-Mile Drive® and The Spa at Pebble Beach™. In addition to the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance®, Pebble Beach Resorts® annually hosts the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am, The Wal-Mart First Tee Open at Pebble Beach and the Callaway Golf Pebble Beach Invitational. Pebble Beach Golf Links® has hosted four U.S. Opens, four U.S. Amateurs, one PGA Championship, and will host its fifth U.S. Open in 2010.
Old 08-15-08, 01:41 PM
marshmallo
Lexus Champion

Truffle Mica? Bleh!!!
Old 08-15-08, 01:44 PM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortunately I suspect this isn't a joke. Lexus has fallen so far down the desirability scale and has such lack luster product that the best inducement they can come up with to rush out and buy an LS600h or SC430 is to throw in a couple of clubs with a dozen *****, some luggage, or a set of ginsu knives and some pots and pans? Pebble Beach editions, probably come with plaid golf pant interiors.
Old 08-15-08, 01:52 PM
ST430
Pole Position

Received 127 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by RON430
Unfortunately I suspect this isn't a joke. Lexus has fallen so far down the desirability scale and has such lack luster product that the best inducement they can come up with to rush out and buy an LS600h or SC430 is to throw in a couple of clubs with a dozen *****, some luggage, or a set of ginsu knives and some pots and pans? Pebble Beach editions, probably come with plaid golf pant interiors.
Um, it's probably a contractual agreement with Pebble Beach to offer one-off "exclusive" models more than anything else. If you've been to Carmel and the Pebble Beach Course lately, they're flooded with Lexus as their official vehicles on everything from LS's to LX's....
Old 08-15-08, 02:03 PM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ST430
Um, it's probably a contractual agreement with Pebble Beach to offer one-off "exclusive" models more than anything else. If you've been to Carmel and the Pebble Beach Course lately, they're flooded with Lexus as their official vehicles on everything from LS's to LX's....
I've been to Pebble Beach quite a bit, I just skip the time around the Concours, too many people and I don't like bus rides although the auctions in Monterey can be fun. Why exactly Lexus would contractually enter into an arrangement with a golf course is beyond me. But if I want a golf club, I will go shop for a golf club. If I want luggage, I will go shop for luggage. As for the ginsu knives, well I don't want them. But if I want a car, I go shop for a car. Throwing in a dozen free golf ***** isn't exactly what I call an "exclusive" model.
Old 08-15-08, 02:24 PM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

I've always felt a big "so what" to these special designer edition cars. Yawn.
Old 08-15-08, 02:25 PM
ST430
Pole Position

Received 127 Likes on 68 Posts

I've been to Pebble Beach quite a bit, I just skip the time around the Concours, too many people and I don't like bus rides although the auctions in Monterey can be fun. Why exactly Lexus would contractually enter into an arrangement with a golf course is beyond me. But if I want a golf club, I will go shop for a golf club. If I want luggage, I will go shop for luggage. As for the ginsu knives, well I don't want them. But if I want a car, I go shop for a car. Throwing in a dozen free golf ***** isn't exactly what I call an "exclusive" model.
Why? Probably because of the clientel associated with Pebble Beach as well as the publicity it garners. Sort of the way they used to have the Coach edition or the usual Neiman Marcus one offs....but i do agree with you, its a lot of marketing BS more than anything else, but for thos Millionaires with nothing else to spend on, it offers some more "exclusivity" i guess...
Old 08-15-08, 06:42 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian
Senior Moderator

Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts

Old 08-15-08, 06:46 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian
Senior Moderator

Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts

Old 08-15-08, 06:49 PM
Koma

The LS needs a drop.
The SC needs a drop after seeing the images.

But than again these aren't VIP editions they're rich golf club editions... *yawn*
Old 08-15-08, 07:07 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

i always love how there is absolutely no room in the back seat of the SC ... it's totally for your dog or your purse or what ever
Old 08-15-08, 07:14 PM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Unfortunately I suspect this isn't a joke. Lexus has fallen so far down the desirability scale and has such lack luster product that the best inducement they can come up with to rush out and buy an LS600h or SC430 .
I think it is way to early to be introducing a Pebble Beach addition on your flagship car. This tells me that the car is just not selling well or the design is lackluster.. I can understand adding a Pebble Beach edition to aging platforms like the SC or RX but the LS...come one..that is your flagship

Another bone head move by Lexus...
Old 08-15-08, 07:17 PM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GFerg

Wow....the SC interior is GORGEOUS in these photos....

WOW!
Old 08-15-08, 07:19 PM
xioix
Racer

I love the interior color of both
Old 08-15-08, 07:29 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

yeah. pretty much a fail.

Quick Reply: Lexus Introduces Pebble Beach Edition LS 600hL and Sixth Annual SC430 Pebble Beach.