Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2009 Honda Civic

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-08, 08:20 AM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2009 Honda Civic

Enjoy:
Seems like a revised front end+ Rear Tails+ MP3 player UI interface are the new features

Old 08-14-08, 08:29 AM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Excellent... the USB MP3 player interface is something all vehicles need to get in a hurry but surprisingly few currently offer. BMW has the nerve to charge for it as a $500 option but since I won't be replacing my 335i with another BMW and want something fuel efficient this puts the Civic in the front running for me since all I listed to is podcasts and music on my zune and using the player itself as the interface for changing songs is dangerous while driving so I really can only change stuff around when at a stop light.

I wonder if they'll have a speech interface for song/artist/etc or if it'll just show up on the radio/nav display and be controlled with the dials?
Old 08-14-08, 08:30 AM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Any of the interior shots?? the earlier press release mentioned an interior refresh
Old 08-14-08, 09:12 AM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

Still waiting for the interior shot scans/pics..

Also the Honda Nav systems are pretty decent
Old 08-14-08, 11:12 AM
ST430
Pole Position

Received 120 Likes on 67 Posts

See changes below:

2009 Honda Civic
Available with a diverse lineup of powertrains, the Civic embraces traditional gasoline, hybrid, and natural gas technologies like no other vehicle in the world. For 2009, all Civic models receive freshened exterior styling with enhancements inside and out that include new colors and the introduction of available tech-friendly features like Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink® and a USB Audio Interface (available, Civic EX and above). An exclusively-equipped Civic LX-S includes alloy wheels, black sport cloth-trimmed seating surfaces, rear decklid spoiler and a chrome exhaust finisher. The Civic DX Sedan becomes available in a Value Package (VP) that adds A/C and an audio system. Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) is added to the Civic EX-L and the Civic Hybrid, plus the Civic Hybrid gains the availability of leather-trimmed seating surfaces with heated front seats and heated side mirrors. New features include:

Civic (all) Freshened exterior styling with new front bumper cover and grille design, and new headlight and taillight color combinations (clear turn indicator lenses with amber bulbs)

Bluetooth HandsFreeLink added to Navigation-equipped models

USB Audio Interface added to Civic EX, EX-L, Hybrid and Si

New alloy wheel designs for Civic EX, Civic EX-L and Civic Si

New cloth materials and patterns on seats, door linings and armrests (if equipped), DX carries over from MY08

New colors: Urban Titanium Metallic, Redline Orange Pearl (Si only), Crystal Black Pearl, Polished Metal Metallic, Spectrum White Pearl (Hybrid only), and Dyno Blue Pearl (Si only)

Carryover colors: Taffeta White, Alabaster Silver Metallic, Green Tea Metallic, Atomic Blue Metallic, Tango Red Pearl, Rallye Red

Discontinued colors: Borrego Beige Metallic, Galaxy Gray Metallic, Nighthawk Black Pearl, Fiji Blue Pearl (Si only), Habanero Red Pearl (Si only), Taffeta White (Hybrid only), Opal Silver Blue Metallic (Hybrid only)

On sale: August 19 (Sedan, Hybrid), August 27 (GX), August 29 (Coupe), September 10 (Si Coupe), September 19 (Si Sedan)

Civic Sedan Two new editions: Civic DX VP and Civic LX-S

VSA added to Civic EX-L

Sporty 3-spoke steering wheel (from Civic Coupe) added to all models

Rear chrome license plate trim

Civic Hybrid VSA

Available leather-trimmed interior (includes heated front seats, leather-wrapped steering wheel and heated side mirrors)

Civic Si Fog lights

New alloy wheel design

Civic GX New NGV logo (rear doors)

Civic LX-S Sedan NEW
(Adds to Civic LX Sedan features) 16-inch alloy wheels

Sport seats with synthetic suede bolsters (similar fabric to Civic Si, but with silver stitching)

Leather-wrapped steering wheel

Rear deck lid spoiler

Chrome exhaust finisher

Civic DX Sedan Value Package (VP) NEW
(Adds to Civic DX Sedan features) A/C

AM/FM/CD audio system

Auxiliary input jack

Old 08-14-08, 10:34 PM
nthach
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I read that with one of the salesmen and the sales manager. Honda hasn't butchered this - yet. The HCH still doesn't really line up with the Prius, but now they added a DX Value Package which is reminiscent of Civic DXes from the past and the LX-S is a in-between which they needed.
Old 08-14-08, 11:18 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

The civic rules. It is the car that started the import tuner craze in the late 80's, early 90's in LA. I once saw a frien of mine smoke a explorer in his 1.5 liter civic ( fuel injected ). Damn good cars, at an amzing price. I love Honda
Old 08-15-08, 01:46 AM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

some more stuff on 8th civic

[imghttp://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg59/sephiroth15_2000/SANY0210.jpg][/img]

Old 08-15-08, 01:54 AM
TwiBlueG35
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LX-S might become one very popular trim level.
Old 08-15-08, 05:42 AM
100plus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

hmmm...i still prefer the jdm version (aka acura csx). this looks alright.
Old 08-21-08, 11:37 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Slight changes but does look a bit better!

Never got the point of an EX-L over a CSX other than you want leather but not an Acura (and Acura's cost of ownership)
Old 08-23-08, 01:51 AM
AM1
Lexus Champion

not bad........
Old 08-23-08, 04:08 AM
ecr527
Lexus Champion

I think it looks good. Now's the time to buy a Civic if you're looking to get into one. With the way Honda/Acura design has been going lately, I don't think the next gen Civic will look any better. Not to mention it will probably have a million buttons on the center stack like the Accord.
Old 08-23-08, 06:28 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by ecr527
I think it looks good. Now's the time to buy a Civic if you're looking to get into one. With the way Honda/Acura design has been going lately, I don't think the next gen Civic will look any better. Not to mention it will probably have a million buttons on the center stack like the Accord.
The Accord is nothing. You should have seen the center-stack buttons on 80's-early 90's vintage Oldsmobiles. Unfortunately, I couldn't find an image of them to post.

The present Civic, IMO, even with the goofy wedge-shape front end and triangular A-pillar mini-windows, wouldn't look too bad if they would just ditch that two-tier dash and go back to an analog speedometer behind the steering wheel with the tach. That is one thing I hope they do with future versions.
Old 08-23-08, 06:31 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
The civic rules. It is the car that started the import tuner craze in the late 80's, early 90's in LA.
In most areas, the Mitsubishi Eclipse, especially turbo versions, was right up there with it for import-tuner popularity.

Quick Reply: 2009 Honda Civic