Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Ford Fiesta

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-14, 10:07 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Ford UK Plugs In Fiesta ST with Extras with New ST-3 Edition

About a year and some 6,250 sales after the latest Fiesta ST made its market debut in Britain, Ford is enhancing the range of its sporty hatch with a new range-topping edition named ST-3, priced at £19,250 OTR.

You get everything the ST-2 offers plus keyless entry, a Sony DAB radio/CD with navigation system, cruise control, automatic headlights, rain sensing wipers, auto-dimming rear view mirror, power-fold door mirrors with puddle lamps and electronic automatic temperature control.

Buyers can choose from five different exterior colours named Frozen White, Race Red, Panther Black, Spirit Blue and Molten Orange that can be matched to one of two interior colour themes, Molten Orange or Smoke Storm, depending on the outside finish.

Ford also added rear parking sensors as an optional extra on the ST-3 and ST-2 priced at £250.
http://www.carscoops.com/2014/04/for...th-extras.html
Old 04-23-14, 10:31 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Shame we'll never get the 3-door, but I did see a 5-door Fiesta ST the other day. Seeing lots of new Fiesta and Focus hatches lately
Old 04-23-14, 01:02 PM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While I do appreciate the Fiesta, I still feel that this car is a little bit too cheap for me (and I don't mean any offense).

At bare minimum, for me, it has to at least be a Focus.......or a Mondeo/Fusion.
Old 04-23-14, 02:20 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackraven
While I do appreciate the Fiesta, I still feel that this car is a little bit too cheap for me (and I don't mean any offense).

At bare minimum, for me, it has to at least be a Focus.......or a Mondeo/Fusion.
while not a micro-car it is a sub-compact so I do undertand where you're coming from
Old 04-24-14, 08:17 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
while not a micro-car it is a sub-compact so I do undertand where you're coming from
What I mean is that it doesn't seem to be as desirable or as cutting edge........as compared to say a Mercedes Benz A Class.

Probably because it's too mass market for me.........and doesn't excite me compared to other subcompact or B-segment cars such as the Honda FIT/Jazz, Suzuki Swift, a Hyundai Accent hatchback (design-wise) or even a Renault Clio RS.

But again, that's just me.
Old 06-20-14, 06:15 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Ford Bumps 1.0 EcoBoost up to 138 HP for Fiesta Red and Black Editions

Ford has just revealed two European market special editions based on its Fiesta hatchback. Called Red Edition and Black Edition, as you’d imagine, they set the color tone for the entire car, both using a combination of the two colors to achieve two distinct characters.

They also get more power out of the 1.0-liter EcoBoost engine, whose output sees an increase to 138 hp. This translates into a 0-62 mph (0-100 km/h) sprint time of nine seconds dead and a top speed of 125 mph (201 km/h).

The manufacturer promises that even with the nippy acceleration, the car is still capable of returning 4.5 l/100 km (62.8 mpg UK) on the EU cycle, all while putting out just 104 g/km CO2.

All cars feature a subtle body kit, with 16-inch standard or optional 17-inch alloy wheels , as well as a pretty high level of standard kit. One nice touch that manufacturers overlook when trying to make a boring car more sporty is the gearbox, which if made to have shorter ratios can aid in the quest – Ford says it’s revised the five-speed manual fitted to these editions, though it didn’t state exactly what it did.
http://www.carscoops.com/2014/06/for...38-hp-for.html
Old 06-20-14, 06:17 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Two weeks with the 2014 Ford Fiesta ST

Ford's Fiesta ST takes a no-nonsense approach to hard-driving, hot hatch fun. Its 197-peak horsepower, 1.6-litre turbocharged EcoBoost engine is flexible and torquey, its chassis and running gear work beautifully together to connect you to the road and its stereo will read you vulgar text messages from your friends in a classy British accent. It's a winner. Gizmag spends two weeks with one of the real standout driver's cars of 2014.

Last year, I went through Germany for the first time since I came of driving age. Thus, naturally, I wanted to pop my autobahn cherry. The only hire car available at the time was a meek little Ford Fiesta, which I promptly plonked on the freeway and nailed the throttle to the floor for two and a half hours straight.

The tepid result was a sustained top speed around 170 km/h (105 mph), complete domination by all manner of Audi-driving grandmothers and … that's really all I remember about it. Which is funny, because the hot hatch version, the Fiesta ST, is anything but forgettable.

The kick in the pants starts with a 1.6-liter, 4-cylinder EcoBoost engine. Turbocharged and direct injected, it's capable of 197 horsepower (134 kW) for a maximum of 15 seconds of overboost, after which it drops about 20 percent. The idea here is limiting stress on the engine – and in the absence of autobahns, you're unlikely to keep the throttle nailed long enough to notice.

It's a fantastic engine, direct and very smooth for a turbo, with almost no discernible lag. Pickup is great throughout the rev range and the power is tempting and useable at all times. It sounds great in the cabin without being antisocial outside, by virtue of a "symposer" tube that pipes engine noise in from the engine bay. So when the revs come up and you're laying the gumboot in, it's a very involving experience.

The ST is a driver's car. It prioritizes feedback over comfort, and the feeling of connection to the road surface is fantastic. Every interaction with the main controls is a pleasure when you're driving hard, from the superb quick-ratio steering, to the snappy brakes and tactile clutch pedal.

The 6-speed manual gearbox (there's no auto option, and nor should there be) feels quick and super slick, although first gear feels too low, and fifth and sixth are very lazy overdrives. Second and third are where the action lives, especially on tighter roads where you can really let the ST shine.

The ST's dynamic stability control system works beautifully – throwing the car too hard into a turn and pinning the throttle will eventually cause it to lose grip, drift wide and understeer. At this point, stability control gently brakes the inside wheels, plonking you back on your line with a minimum of fuss. Well, your passengers might be fussing, there's no "Jesus bars" to hold onto.

Flipping the stability control into Sport mode gives you a fair bit more slip to play with before it intervenes, and you can turn the system off altogether if you want to play unhindered. It's an involving and confidence-inspiring car to thrash in the twisties, a barrel of monkeys that demands rough treatment and quietly un-buggers any ham-fisted cornering for you.

Standard fitment is impressive considering the price tag – auto headlights, auto wipers, keyless entry and button start, fog lights, climate control and part-leather Recaro sports seats are all well integrated. The giant Sony stereo won't blow audiophiles away, but its Bluetooth phone integration is very nicely done – it can be set to automatically dial emergency with your GPS co-ordinates after any crash that triggers the airbags, and I particularly enjoyed listening to its robo-voice reading me vulgar text messages from my buddies. Voice dialing also seemed to work better in the ST than in pretty much any other Bluetooth system I've tried.

The interior suffers a bit in comparison to, for example, the Volkswagen Polo GTi, which has a more adult and classy feel to it. The Fiesta ST feels like more of a young driver's car. It looks a bit space-shippy with its neon interior accents, overabundance of stereo buttons and molded dash. But it feels tight and solid – it's not a quality issue, just a matter of taste.

Ford rates the Fiesta ST at a miserly 6.2 liters per 100 km (38 mpg). In our two-week road test period we averaged 9.2 (25.5 mpg). That should tell you a little about how the ST likes to be driven. Yes, it's possible to drive smoothly and responsibly if you've got a soft touch, but it also begs to be thrown into corners, full throttle in second gear and pinging at the stability control, even when you're pootling around the back streets.

Competition-wise you're looking at the Renault Clio RS200, which is a bit quicker, feels a touch nicer inside and has a big, pretty touch screen and a bunch of different fake engine sounds to choose from. But the Clio only comes with a flaccid paddle shift, it costs significantly more and it just doesn't have the immediate, involving sense of hard-driving fun that you get behind the wheel of the Fiesta ST. Well done Ford!

Pricing and specifications vary by region, but you're looking at US$22,195 in the US, and AU$25,990 in Australia – that's a lot of car for the money!
http://www.gizmag.com/ford-fiesta-st-review/32624/
Old 06-20-14, 06:19 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

2014 Ford Fiesta ST: Smart and super-perky, all in a small package

LOS ANGELES — Traffic jams occur when fast-moving vehicles are brought to a stop, impeded by an obstacle or simply slowed by traffic volume on an overwhelmed road. Traffic puddles happen when those vehicles stop after barely moving at all before settling into a lengthy highway repose.

I was in a traffic puddle in weekday, late-noon traffic on Interstate 66 moving west near the Interstate 495 interchange. It was a situation born of poor thinking. I had the living, breathing human passenger required to enter I-66 in prime late-noon, early-evening hours. What I did not have was common sense. I should have known something was awry when I saw a traffic puddle at a westbound I-66 ramp in Northern Virginia.

But, lured by the super-perky performance of the car in hand, the 2014 Ford Fiesta ST, and by the occupied front passenger seat, I thought: “I got this.” Except, I didn’t have anything. I had motored into traffic molasses.

Under such a circumstance, all of the television commercials showing fast cars whizzing by on practically empty roads become meaningless. All of the car-guy talk about horsepower, torque and 0-to-60 acceleration times is rendered nonsense. I wasn’t accelerating anywhere. I had to get out of there.

Luckily, the Fiesta ST I was sitting in came with an optional navigation system equipped with Sirius XM Traffic and Travel Link. Stated simply, the system offers real-time traffic guidance, leading you to the least-congested and, because of that, often the most fuel-efficient routes. It worked. The system suggested that I take the Nutley Street exit in Northern Virginia and use a few side roads to get to my destination.

It was a longer way around. But at least I was moving — as opposed to being stuck in traffic, burning fuel and going nowhere. It was a lesson in vehicle performance redefined, which goes something like this: It is no longer enough for a car to go zoom-zoom, to have sub-five-seconds acceleration times or to become one with corners in sharp turns.

All of that stuff is important, and the little Fiesta ST — a subcompact front-wheel-drive hatchback — does nicely in meeting that standard definition of automobile performance. But nowadays, a car also have to have intelligence. And the Fiesta ST, equipped with Ford’s much-improved MyFord Touch with Sync telecommunications system and Sirius XM traffic guidance, excels in intelligence. I fell in love with the little car, which on this day was much smarter than its driver.

I eventually found some Northern Virginia roads relatively free of traffic. But none of them were roads I normally use to get to any appointment. They were quiet community roads, busy only when people were going to or coming home from work. And by the look and sound of things that evening, most of those folks had already gone home or not left their homes in the first place.

I pushed the Fiesta ST a little trying to get a bit of harrumph-varoom out of its exhaust system, especially modified to, in Ford-marketing speak, “enrich the natural sounds of the vehicle” by capturing “engine-generated frequencies from the intake system” and transmitting them to the passenger cabin.

In practical terms, that means the rich exhaust note you hear while driving the car is not necessarily being heard by people in neighboring houses, which is a good thing. Not everyone wants to hear a car’s exhaust note.

The Fiesta ST is the performance star of the Fiesta line of four-door and two-door hatchbacks. It is equipped with a turbocharged (forced air), 1.6-liter inline four-cylinder gasoline engine (197 horsepower, 214 pound-feet of torque) linked to a standard five-speed manual transmission. It is arguably more fun to drive than the sport version of the Honda Fit. But the Honda beats the Ford in the important matter of utility.

Still, there is much to recommend the Fiesta ST, which gets 29 miles per gallon in the city and 35 miles per gallon on the highway, and its lesser Fiesta siblings — the base S, mid-grade SE and semi-fancy Titanium. The ST is the sport model of the bunch, outfitted with very responsive and precise power-assisted steering, four-wheel disc brakes, and a suspension system that takes the jolt out of driving a small, short-wheelbase subcompact car.

Nuts & Bolts
2014 Ford Fiesta ST
Bottom line: I like this one. I think you will, too. Compare with anything in the subcompact car category.

Ride, acceleration and handling: It gets good marks in ride and acceleration. Handling is excellent largely thanks to the Fiesta ST’s electronic power assistance steering.

Head-turning quotient: It looks like the fast bug of a car that it is — attractive depending on mind-set.

Body style/layout: The Ford Fiesta ST is a front-engine, front-wheel-drive subcompact economy car available with four or two side doors and a rear hatch. There are three basic trim levels—S, SE, Titanium. The ST is the performance version.

Engine/transmission: The Fiesta ST comes with a turbocharged, direct-injection, 16-valve inline four-cylinder gasoline engine (197 horsepower, 214 pound-feet of torque) linked to a standard five-speed manual transmission. A six-speed automatic transmission that also can be shifted manually is optional.

Capacities: Seating is for five people. Cargo capacity with all seats in place is 10.1 cubic feet. The fuel tank holds 12.4 gallons of gasoline. Ford’s engineers say that regular grade is okay. But they concede that premium fuel offers “best performance” in this one.

Mileage: I averaged 33 miles per gallon in mostly highway driving . . . and sitting in traffic, burning fuel and going nowhere.

Safety: Standard equipment includes four-wheel disc brakes (ventilated front/solid rear); four-wheel antilock brake protection; electronic brake-force distribution; stability and traction control/ post-collision safety system; side and head air bags.

Pricing: The 2014 Ford Fiesta ST starts at $21,400 with a $20,598 dealer’s invoice price on that model. Price as tested is $25,810, including $3,201 in options (onboard navigation, power-operated glass roof, Recaro seating package) and an $825 factory-to-dealer transportation charge.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/cars/2...11f_story.html
Old 06-20-14, 06:21 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default 2014 Ford Fiesta Gains 3-Cylinder 1.0-Liter EcoBoost in the U.S., Delivers 37 MPG Com

The 2014 Ford Fiesta is now available in the U.S. with the 1.0-liter 3-cylinder EcoBoost engine, which makes the Fiesta the most fuel-efficient non-hybrid, gasoline-powered car on the market with a certified 45 mpg (5.22 l/100 km) rating on the highway.

The frugal powerplant achieves fuel efficiency ratings of 32 mpg city (7.35 l/100 km), 45 mpg (5.22 l/100 km) highway and 37 mpg (6.35 l/100 km) combined. All ratings are certified by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and correspond to both the 4-door sedan and five-door hatchback 2014 Ford Fiesta with a five-speed manual gearbox.

The 1.0-liter EcoBoost engine is officially SAE-certified at 123 horsepower and 125 lb-ft (169 Nm) of torque, but it features an overboost function that allows it to make more than 145 lb-ft (197 Nm) for up to 15 seconds.

Fuel economy is also boosted by the Fiesta SE Manual EcoBoost Package that includes a rear spoiler, side air deflectors, underbody shields, lower grille blockers and low-rolling-resistance tires.

The 2014 Fiesta also gets a new MyFord Touch system with 6.5-inch touch screen featuring enhanced voice control and Ford MyKey, which allows owners to configure maximum speed and audio volume limits. MyKey mutes audio until safety belts are fastened and makes sure driver aids, safety systems and more vigorous alerts cannot be deactivated.

Ford’s global EcoBoost engine family now includes the 1.0-liter three-cylinder; 1.5-liter, 1.6-liter and 2.0-liter four-cylinder engines; and the 3.5-liter V6. Ford estimates that around 80 percent of its global nameplates will be available with EcoBoost engines by the end of this year.
http://www.carscoops.com/2013/10/201...linder-10.html
Old 06-20-14, 06:22 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default 212HP Ford Fiesta ST Mountune Drag Races Standard 197HP Renault Clio RS

Some of you are probably getting tired of watching comparative reviews of the Renault Clio RS and the Ford Fiesta ST, but this one is different, as one of the cars is not stock. Ford started offering the Mountune performance pack in the UK for the Fiesta ST and Drive wanted to find out how this changes the Fiesta ST’s acceleration.

Priced at £599 (US$905 / €690), the Mountune kit boosts the output of the 1.6-liter turbocharged engine from 182PS (180hp) and 240 Nm (177 lb-ft) to 215PS (212hp) and 320 Nm (236 lb-ft) respectively. On paper, this means the Fiesta ST Mountune sprints from 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph) in 6.7 seconds, and the 50 to 100 km/h (31-62 mph) acceleration in fourth gear is now 0.7 seconds quicker, at 5.7 seconds.

The Mountune package brings the Fiesta ST more power than the Clio RS (197hp/200PS) and more torque (+80 Nm/59 lb-ft), while still being cheaper than the Renault. Is this a no-brainer? Well, you’ll just have to watch the video below to find out.
http://www.carscoops.com/2013/09/212...tune-drag.html
Old 06-20-14, 06:24 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Chris Harris Drives the Ford Fiesta ST, Makes Theoretical Comparison to Renault Clio RS

Chris Harris may have driven the new Ford Fiesta ST, but he says that he will wait until he gets behind the wheel of one of its main rivals, the paddle-shifting Renault Clio RS, both on the road and the track, before passing final judgment on the Blue Oval's hot hatch.

However, he begins the comparison in his latest video review of the former, and asks several questions, important to those in the market for such a vehicle.

We would suggest making it a three-way test, with the addition of the Peugeot 208 GTi, which we tried out and found capable and fun to drive, plus it beats the Ford and matches the Renault on power.

Regarding the hot Fiesta, Chris Harris applauds Ford for having spent the extra money you pay over a standard variant, most of which went into making the car perform and not necessarily look better. The 1.6-liter EcoBoost engine is praised, as is the slick-shifting six-speed manual gearbox that is absent on the French car.

We won’t give any more away, though, so scroll down and check out the full video review below, courtesy of Drive.
http://www.carscoops.com/2013/05/chr...fiesta-st.html
Old 06-20-14, 06:25 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default New Ford Fiesta Priced From £9,795 in the UK, 179Hp ST to Debut in 2013

When Ford officially revealed its redesigned Fiesta in the beginning of the month, it provided little information about its engine line-up other than it will be available with the 1.0-liter EcoBoost unit. The Blue Oval told us that it would release more details as the premiere of its supermini at the Paris Auto Show drew closer; and it did so today.

The European version of the refreshed Fiesta will be available, at least in the UK, with six engines ranging in output from 60 to 125 PS (59-123 HP).

The petrol line-up consists of a 1.0-liter with direct injection, a 1.25-liter in 60 and 82PS (59-81 HP) tunes, a 1.6-liter Ti-VCT four-cylinder with 105PS (103HP), and the 2012 International Engine of the Year, the three-cylinder 1.0-liter turbocharged EcoBoost with 100 and 125PS (99 and 123HP).

The 2013 Fiesta can also be ordered with two Duratorq TDCi diesel engines: the 75PS (74 HP) 1.5-liter and the 1.6-liter with 95PS (94HP) and 200Nm (147.5 lb-ft) of torque.

The Fiesta ST, which will be powered by a 1.6-liter, 182PS (179HP) four-cylinder turbocharged EcoBoost engine, will join the line-up in early 2013.

Ford’s fuel-saving auto start-stop system will initially be available on the 1.0-liter EcoBoost, 1.0-liter petrol and 1.6-liter TDCi ECOnetic powertrains, while the new 6-speed dual-clutch Powershift gearbox is introduced for the first time in the Fiesta.

A special ECOnetic Technology model with a class-leading 85.6mpg UK fuel economy (3.3 lt/100 km, 71.3 mpg US) and 87g/km CO2 emissions will also be available.

Ford said UK prices of the new Fiesta start at £9,795 (€12,320, US$15,842) and top out at £17,545 (€22,069, US$28,378).

A Titanium X model will also be introduced in the UK with features such as a Keyfree system, Sony DAB audio system with SYNC and partial leather as standard.
http://www.carscoops.com/2012/09/new...795-in-uk.html
Old 06-20-14, 06:26 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default New Ford Fiesta Facelift Launched at Rs. 7.69 Lakh

First showcased at the 2014 Indian Auto Expo in February, the Ford Fiesta facelift has been finally rolled out in the country. The company has discontinued the petrol version of the car and launched it in three diesel variants instead - Ambiente, Trend and Titanium, priced at Rs. 7,69,000, 8,55,720 and Rs. 9,29,449, respectively.

With both, design and feature updates, the new Ford Fiesta surely becomes a slightly more up-market product this time. Compared to the discontinued model, the prices have come down a notch. Delving into details, the most noticeable change is to its front fascia, which now features a new family grille, revised bumper and repositioned fog lamps. The rear receives a new bumper along with revised tail lamps. The side profile, however, remains unchanged.

There are a few changes inside the cabin as well. With new black-beige colour dashboard and the gloss-black plastic on the centre console, the updated Fiesta definitely looks better. However, the overall design of the interiors remain unchanged.

Powering the 2014 Ford Fiesta is a 1.5-litre diesel engine that churns out a maximum power output of 90bhp. Though the same engine also powered the discontinued model, Ford claims that it returns a an improved mileage this time.

Against the exiting model's 23.5Km/l, the new model returns 25.1Km/l, which makes it the second most fuel efficient vehicle in its league after the Honda City.

2014 Ford Fiesta highlights

Ford SYNC (for hands-free music and phone calls)

Keyless entry

Push-button start

Rain-sensing wipers

Driver and passenger airbags
http://auto.ndtv.com/news/new-ford-f...69-lakh-537982
Old 06-20-14, 06:58 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,380 Posts

one version has 59HP.
Old 06-20-14, 10:06 AM
Hoovey689