Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

The Coddington Garage Closes their Doors

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-08, 10:24 PM
LexFather

Unhappy The Coddington Garage Closes their Doors

The Coddington Garage Closes their Doors One Coddington company closes as another plans to move June 16th, 2008--- La Habra, Ca Boyd Coddington Hot Rods will be closing their doors, Friday June 20th, 2008. After the untimely death of their founder, Boyd Coddington in February, the Coddington Garage team and family tried to continue on with business as usual. The battle they faced was too much to handle. After Boyd’s passing, his wife Jo took over the business. She had rather large shoes to fill in the absence of her husband. With the team of machinists, fabricators, and paint and body guys behind her, she gave it a shot. Unfortunately, running both the hot rod shop and the wheel shop was too much for her handle on her own. The cars and builds that are not complete at the time of closing will be moved to two new shops. Both shops are being run by former Boyd Coddington employees. Dan Sobieski, a fabricator and long time Coddington employee, will be opening his own shop July 1st. Sobieski will be taking a few from the Boyd Coddington team to his new shop in Anaheim, Ca. Abraham Rodriguez, a newer employee, will also be working on some of the vehicles at his shop. His specialty is in paint and body, but his shop will be able to do anything the Coddington Garage did. Jo will continue on with the wheel shop. There are plans for the company to move from their location in La Habra in the near future. For further information please contact Jo Coddington at boydsgarage@aol.com.

Old 06-26-08, 01:21 AM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

If you drill enough holes in a ship, eventually it will sink.

After two previous bankruptcies, I'm not surprised.

Boyd was a man who stood on the shoulders of very talented
people to reach his personal goals.

RIP, I guess.
Old 06-26-08, 09:46 AM
shern
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalSC4
Boyd was a man who stood on the shoulders of very talented people to reach his personal goals.

RIP, I guess.
I agree. There was something about Boyd that always bugged the shiz out of me and you pretty much nailed it on the head. It will be interesting to see where many of the fabricators end up. Foose?
Old 06-26-08, 09:54 AM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

the garage was a 10 min drive from my house, I should've gone to their once a month open house when I had the chance