Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Used Rs4 2007?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-08, 11:50 AM
kyang91
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think if you can get the price down for another few Ks you can consider it.
Old 04-03-08, 01:58 PM
sleeper408

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

RS4s are nice but I think they are wayyyyy overpriced.
Old 04-03-08, 02:05 PM
SilverBull
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Whoever is talking random posts needs to consider what this part of the forum is for. Car Char as I know it for discussing all things cars. If you guys don't want to give any helpful input than don't say anything, Jesus Christ.

I think the RS4 is a better car than the IS-F. The IS-F(I have driven it) is not in the same league yet as those high end sports sedans. It is still trying to be two things at once. I realize this is a Lexus board so I am willing to listen to all the bias on this but just try to act like you haven't owned a Lexus for 5 years guys. Lexus is for a nice comfy ride and great interior. I love my cars but for what they are but I want something different now.

BTW, where are you going to buy a new M3 for $60k? I haven't seen one even close to that price. They are 70k right now with options. Good luck finding that elusive cheap M3.
Old 04-03-08, 02:14 PM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

The RS4 is an amazing car. Love the stealth looks and great performance. The exhaust note is also so sweet on the RS4.

Yes, it's showing its age against the new M3, C63 and IS-F, but it still holds its own in comparison tests. And when it was first released, there was almost universal praise for the RS4 from reviewers.

If you can get it for the right price, and don't mind that it's body style will soon be outdated, then the RS4 is a great choice.
Old 04-03-08, 03:19 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverBull
Whoever is talking random posts needs to consider what this part of the forum is for. Car Char as I know it for discussing all things cars. If you guys don't want to give any helpful input than don't say anything, Jesus Christ.

I think the RS4 is a better car than the IS-F. The IS-F(I have driven it) is not in the same league yet as those high end sports sedans. It is still trying to be two things at once. I realize this is a Lexus board so I am willing to listen to all the bias on this but just try to act like you haven't owned a Lexus for 5 years guys. Lexus is for a nice comfy ride and great interior. I love my cars but for what they are but I want something different now.

BTW, where are you going to buy a new M3 for $60k? I haven't seen one even close to that price. They are 70k right now with options. Good luck finding that elusive cheap M3.
i will just comment on the is-f part. i don't know how you can qualify that is-f is not in the same league as the m3, c63, and rs4? a lot of reviews i have read, they are. and even bmw and mb they consider the is-f a competitor. on a lot of the tracks, is-f doesn't win but they come very close in times.

you put a is350 and i say it's not the same league
Old 04-03-08, 03:46 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

How did you go from an NSX to a $60k used Audi RS4? In a previous thread, you mentioned that the performance of the NSX didn't justify it's price and that you would want to supercharge it. The RS4 is no faster than a stock NSX. Seriously, forget magazine numbers.

And at $60k, you're in SC'ed NSX and 996tt range. Both will drive circles around the RS4. And I won't even get into comparing looks. Let's look at some pictures instead:

"C'mon kids, we're going to Disneyland!"

"No officer, it wasn't me driving. It was Dieter."

"It's thirty minutes away. I'll be there in ten." 9 minutes, 37 seconds later...

Old 04-04-08, 05:42 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

To be completely honest, STOCK NSX's are not as blistering fast as you might think I have read this EVERYWHERE from many NSX OWNERS themselves...sorry pal. BTW an IS350 with the right driver and some light mods will give a stock NSX a run for it's money; they are 13.2/13.3 cars and NOT very torquey at all. mmmmmmm back on topic...

Silverbull: I think you should go for the Audi, it has a lot of aftermarket support and can achieve a very high 12 sec. quarter, handling is awesome due to it's AWD and has 4 doors (unlike the ahem...NSX). Though the styling might not be exotic like the aforementioned it is a sleeper where the unsuspecting eye might think it's just an A4 or an S4 with a bodykit and some mods. They will soon find out what it was when they see the rear. lol.

Everyone (and it still is probably true) claims that BMW, especially the M's handle the best out of any production car...I personally think Audi is right there with their RS line followed by AMG a close (very) second. If they are willing to go to $55K scoop it up; afterall 10K miles is still pratically brand new! What, did someone have this car for like 10 mos. or so? Maybe they couldn't afford it, maybe they wanted something more exotic looking, or faster...who knows. The point is the car is still probably brand new "looking" and driving. GL and post up some vids when you get it!
Old 04-04-08, 06:18 AM
thetopdog
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by pvmike1
How did you go from an NSX to a $60k used Audi RS4? In a previous thread, you mentioned that the performance of the NSX didn't justify it's price and that you would want to supercharge it. The RS4 is no faster than a stock NSX. Seriously, forget magazine numbers.

And at $60k, you're in SC'ed NSX and 996tt range. Both will drive circles around the RS4. And I won't even get into comparing looks. Let's look at some pictures instead:

"C'mon kids, we're going to Disneyland!"

"No officer, it wasn't me driving. It was Dieter."

"It's thirty minutes away. I'll be there in ten." 9 minutes, 37 seconds later...

hahah, great post

I wouldn't pay even $40k for a souped up A4

The M3 and/or NSX are much better choices
Old 04-04-08, 08:19 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I got a chance to drive the RS4 at Audi's driving event a few years back https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...st+drive+event Let me just say that is car is one amazing machine.. If it is within your budget, then hell yes you should buy one. Well worth the asking price you posted
Old 04-04-08, 08:42 AM
SilverBull
Advanced

I have driven an IS-F. I have driven a 335i and S4(not the RS4 yet) I would rather have the 335i or the S4 before a IS-F based on its handling. It is that simple. The IS-F doesn't have a stick as well. That to me is a joke plain and simple. The other league issue is that Lexus refuses to give a manual tranny to the IS-F. If you don't put in sport mode it still drives like a LS460 too.

The stock NA1 NSX does 0-60 in roughly 5.6 and a NA2 NSX(1997-05') runs a little faster with a 6 speed gearbox to about 5.3. The NSX is not that fast stock buddy. I have driven a few of them and they need extra horses. An RS4 would smoke a stock NSX any day of the week. I don't know where you got those facts but maybe it was a overzealous NSX owner. Basically I realized after putting a comptech kit on the car for 10k or so I would have spent $40k on a car with 119k miles on it and may in fact need a rebuild due to the extra power on it. For that kind of money I can get a lot of car. The NSX is a great car and if I found a good deal I would still consider it but you have to blow some cash on it to get it as lively as these new cars. My IS350 is as fast as stock NSX actually.
Old 04-04-08, 08:52 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SilverBull
I have driven an IS-F. I have driven a 335i and S4(not the RS4 yet) I would rather have the 335i or the S4 before a IS-F based on its handling. It is that simple. The IS-F doesn't have a stick as well. That to me is a joke plain and simple. The other league issue is that Lexus refuses to give a manual tranny to the IS-F. If you don't put in sport mode it still drives like a LS460 too.

The stock NA1 NSX does 0-60 in roughly 5.6 and a NA2 NSX(1997-05') runs a little faster with a 6 speed gearbox to about 5.3. The NSX is not that fast stock buddy. I have driven a few of them and they need extra horses. An RS4 would smoke a stock NSX any day of the week. I don't know where you got those facts but maybe it was a overzealous NSX owner. Basically I realized after putting a comptech kit on the car for 10k or so I would have spent $40k on a car with 119k miles on it and may in fact need a rebuild due to the extra power on it. For that kind of money I can get a lot of car. The NSX is a great car and if I found a good deal I would still consider it but you have to blow some cash on it to get it as lively as these new cars. My IS350 is as fast as stock NSX actually.
Who is this directed to???
Old 04-04-08, 09:01 AM
08mica
Pole Position

My turn to post after listening to all these tunnel visioned goons on here with their ridiculous bias. (with the exception of DASHOCKER and Rock-a-Lex)

The RS4 is an amazing machine. Anyone who has had the pleasure to drive one (me included) will tell you that. The exhaust sound is beautiful, performance in incredible, oh and no tto mention it has 4-doors, can carry a family, and has AWD.

Can you believe that, performance and practicality? Just like an NSX, for the less-than-knowledgable that are trying to compare the two.

$62K is still a bit high, work them down a little, then go for it. Remember you have free maintenece and warranty till 50K so you are good to go. BTW did I mention the interior.

Last edited by 08mica; 04-04-08 at 09:09 AM.
Old 04-04-08, 09:06 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 08mica
My turn to post after listening to all these tunnel visioned goons on here with their ridiculous bias. (with the exception of DASHOCKER)

The RS4 is an amazing machine. Anyone who has had the pleasure to drive one (me included) will tell you that. The exhaust sound is beautiful, performance in incredible, oh and no tto mention it has 4-doors, can carry a family, and has AWD.

Can you believe that, performance and practicality? Just like an NSX, for the less-than-knowledgable that are trying to compare the two.

$62K is still a bit high, work them down a little, then go for it. Remember you have free maintenece and warranty till 50K so you are good to go. BTW did I mention the interior.
Hey thanks buddy for adding me to that exception...I JUST said the SAME EXACT THING as your post. hmmm and everyone on here is a biased goon...go figure.
Old 04-04-08, 09:10 AM
08mica
Pole Position

^^^^^^ Edit made. We were typing at the same time
Old 04-04-08, 09:13 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 08mica
^^^^^^ Edit made. We were typing at the same time
lol...thanks.